Martinez
Varane
Mainoo
AWB (retrained to be a CB)
Amad
Gore
Hannibal
Garnacho
Eriksen (Back up, thrown on last 20 mins to make something happen)
Rasmus (2nd choice, learn his trade)

The rest can go, majority of them have been here years and repeatedly let everyone down.

I don’t think we should sign anyone in this window either until we have a proper process in place. Last thing we need is to be saddled with more shite who cost a fortune and are on astronomical wages. This season is a write off, that’s fine. Let’s try and get things in place for next season.

redmanx

The kids.

need to start from scratch with fresh minds, belief and desire.
I agree, we need to stop the cycle of toxicity pervading the club and get rid of the likes of Rashford, Martial, Shaw, McTominay, Dalot, Maguire and Lindelof who have all been complicit in the demize of at least 3 managers and also Varane, Sancho, Antony, Onana, Erikkson, Wan Bisakka and Casemiro who are simply either no longer good enough or never were and bring on the likes of Mainoo, Garnacho, Hannibal and Amad and Hojlund.

massiveissue

Keep:
Bayindir
Heaton
Martinez
Varane
Shaw
Evans
Kambwala
Mainoo
Garnacho
Greenwood
Casemiro
Amad
Dalot

All the other ones don't have the talent, mentality, elegance or skill to play for Manchester United and most of the above would be backups to new starters.

Sadly, very obvious we need a massive rebuild.

Cantonagotmehere

Not giving up on some of the below, but can understand why many have. Think the below have a chance to start on a competitive EPL squad.

-------------------Onana----------
New RB----Maguire----Licha----Shaw
--------New DM-------New holding M-----
----------------------Bruno------------------
New RW-----Hojlund/New S compete ------Garnacho

Mainoo could be an M but cannot fully rely yet

Rashford and Mount huge question marks

Need to bring on real competition for Onana

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Bayindir - though I haven’t seen much of
Martinez … when fit
Varane … classy, needs a partner
Maguire … heart is good
Lindelof … just about. Has his moments. We do need another CB
Evans … obviously won’t be long term but he did well
Dalot- I’m a fan. Keep
AWB - keep.
Shaw - keep. Good footballer
Casemiro - likeable. Hopefully we get another season from him. Good influence in dressing room.
Eriksen - likeable too. Not long term.
Mainoo - keep.
Fernandez - key man. Keep
Garnacho - great; still learning
Diallo - good to see him back. Have hopes.
Hojlund - good lad. Keep
For long I have wished for Martial to reach his potential here. Moment seems to have passed.

Last edited:

JimiboyX

People who don't want to keep Shaw and Bruno: who exactly do you suggest we replace them with?

Doracle

It’s still a lot easier to work out who to sell and, if it was possible to find buyers, I’d sell:

Lindelof
Varane (only on the basis he’s injury prone and his wages are very high)
Dalot
Casemiro
McT
Mount
Antony

Sancho to be given a final chance under a new manager, as I still think there is a player there (also to be told he is a right winger and to get used to playing there consistently).

Signings would be 2 new CBs (one starter, one youngster), a new RB (starter), 3 new CMs, a RW and a striker. It’s probably a £500m spend, including monies raised from those sales, but that’s what’s needed to properly turn this squad into a consistent top 3 and potential big trophy winning team.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I feel that this is the 100th thread on this topic just from this season but whatever...

Dictator mode
- Martinez
- Shaw
- Bruno
- Mainoo*
- Garnacho*
- Amad*

* to develop further

Just ruler mode
- Onana
- Mount
- Højlund

They deserve one more season

Reasonable peasant mode
- Bayandir
- Dalot
- AWB
- Malacia
- Lindelof
- Varane
- Kambwala
- Casemiro
- Eriksen
- Rashford

These are all either squad options or on their last chance. Most of them will not be here 2 years from now.

Woziak

One of ten Hag's many issues was thinking he could build something with players who have consistently been a part of failures at United for a long time.

He got a bit of luck in terms of Pogba, Lingard and Mata already deciding their futures before he even got the job. They were on the way out the door by early 2022.

The players I'm referring to are Shaw, Lindelöf, Maguire, McTominay, Bruno Fernandes and, as much as I hate to say it, Rashford. He was willing to part ways with Maguire and McTominay this summer, but then ended up with a newfound respect for McTominay after he saved his bacon a few times.

Some of the fanbase love Shaw, Bruno and Rashford. Some even think they're world class. Each to their own. But they simply can't be relied upon to deliver consistent quality season after season. They might be better players ability wise than some of the other dross at the club. However, you are in trouble if these are your key players and senior figures. All they've know at United is losing. Shaw has been losing for 10 years. Rashford experienced some decent success during his first 18 months as a player (4 trophies). That was when he wasn't a key player or leader/senior player. Bruno Fernandes has been a part of some of the worst results in the club's history during what's approaching just 4 years at the club. They're all mentally weak when it comes down to it. Yet they're held on a pedestal by many within the club and us, the fans, who often get conned.

To make matters worse, most of ten Hag's signings are even worse than what was already at the club.

It's really a dire situation where you could sell/release 75% of the squad.
Ok here’s my take on Rashford, shaw and Bruno they are elite on their day but they all have glaring weaknesses, Bruno petulant and wastes possession far too much, Rashford has a serious mentality issue that if things are not perfect on and off the pitch he simply doesn’t fancy it and Luke Shaw is simply struggling with injuries and fitness as he’s never had the most athletic body for elite football having said that I would keep all three of them and explain the following for Man United to be successful we must have two players of similar ability for every position, not one vastly better than the other.

Therefore in the summer I’d go all out for the following players ;
Left Back - Theo Hernandez or Espinosa
Attacking Midfield - L Paqueta or M Gibbs white / paquetta can also play as the 8 so makes total sense.
Left wing - We have Garnaucho so no spend required
This will cost £120m

We already know we need to trim the wage bill so I expect either Varane or Casemiro to go probably Varane maybe this January for £15m followed by a shock transfer of L Martinez simply because I think he leaves after ETH gets sacked for £50m but maybe the season after.

Sancho, Martial, Greenwood all sold maybe £80m

Scott McTominay £30m, Antony £20m T Malacia £15m, Hannibal £20m, F Pellistri £15m Amrabat and Reguilon sent back. The club is looking to try and generate at least £150-160m of the £400m they will need to invest to have a squad fit for purpose and very little will happen this January.

There is no way Dybala Or T Muhler will be signed when both players are over 30. We might buy a CB if Varane goes and a loan CF you’ve never heard of!

This summer United will go big, Sir Jim’s ego demands it and we’ll appoint a new manager that can work with what’s left of existing squad.

If Dan Ashworth is recruited then Roberto De or G Potter will be appointed with a squad that might look like this.

GK - A Onana, A Bayinder, T Heaton

Defence - AWB, D Dalot, J Frimpong*, L Shaw, Espinosa*, H Maguire, J Evans, *J Tobido, L Martinez, V Lindelof

Midfield - Casemiro, K Mainoo, *F Diaz,
*K Thurham or A Onana, L Paquetta*, M Mount, Bruno

Attack - Raphina*, Amad, B Sesko*, R Hojlund, Rashford, Garnaucho, * M Leonardo

This is not my wish list not Football Manager just the sort of pragmatic signings Ashworth or Mitchell would make
Fabricio Diaz(20), Benjamin Sesco(22) and Marcos Leonardo(20) they would probably get all 3 for £80m add that to Raphina(30m), K Thurham(40m), L Paquetta(75m), Espinosa(45m), J Frimpong(40m), J C Todibo(45m)

Possible spend £350-360m and recoup £150-160m net spend of £200m with no one apart from Marcus, Casemiro and Bruno on really big wages. All three will be given a warning that should their performances not merit their salary they will also be sold the season after!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think people seriously underestimate how insanely difficult, arduous and downright risky a complete rebuild with young players would be.
Yup, you’re dead right but what even is this anymore? Second highest wage bill in the league and one of the highest in the world for years. Easily the most lacklustre looking players in the top 10. It’s a total car crash. These lads can really play and work hard but won’t half the time? Good luck to them! We have exceptional individuals but not consistent professionals who love each other, the city and the manager. they start to hate each other for their own failures annd the owners for making the club crap. They just start playing their own “game” and shrug their shoulders at each other. What’s the plan?

Mount Onana and Rasmus do make sense from a neutral scouting standpoint. They cost a bomb but I would have signed all of those players, honestly they are an upgrade in the medium term and people you can build with in most systems. But I also would have signed Sancho Pogba Depay Greenwood and Antony 100% but known the risk involved.

How did we not get the best out of Pogba and Sancho though? They are as close to sure things as you can get from a technical standpoint at least. The only thing I can think of is players arrive on a high and get sucked down (or injured!) We sign some amazing players, we just don’t provide them the optimum conditions to succeed and all of a sudden the players are only here for the payday. We are soulless, like the glazers, it’s just an atm that happens to be located in Manchester after all, it was always going to end up like this with those goblins. They couldn’t have managed the most beautiful club any worse. Sorry we are so far off course but we always mean well? Cha-ching!

We should have a stadium to be proud of and a shit hot squad full of players like Caciedo and Bellingham right now and we probably would have if we had shrewd owners guiding us. Once they are in the building close if you can. It was all common sense but we fumbled it like we always do these days. We are a banter club and have been for ages. Nobody here was smart enough to really follow through on the right young talent. It’s just so random how we seem to want to do things.

Im sorry this post is utter crap but it’s the lowest I’ve felt as a fan in ages!

HookedOnAPhelan

Keep:
Onana (been poor so far, but deserves more time)
Bayindir (hopefully he can compete for the GK spot)
Shaw (good player)
Martinez (our best defender)
Malacia (decent rotation option)
Mainoo (for obvious reasons)
Mount (deserves a fair chance)
Mejbri (still young)
Fernandes (not his biggest fan, and shouldn't be untouchable, but one of our better players for sure)
Garnacho (for obvious reasons)
Diallo (should get another season or two)
Højlund (for obvious reasons)

Get rid:
Maguire (not good enough)
Varane (can't be trusted, massive wages)
McTominay (not good enough)
AWB (not good enough)
Lindelöf (not good enough)
Martial (for obvious reasons)
Eriksen (too old, can't run)
Rashford (enough is enough, can't be trusted, terrible attitude)
Pellistri (not good enough)

Unsure:
Dalot (would rather keep him than AWB, but shouldn't be a starter)
Casemiro (looks old, but does he still have a couple of years left in him?)
Evans (has been good this season, but old as feck. maybe for another year)
Antony (having a shite season, wouldn't shed any tears if we sold him, but I do think there's a player there)

Or we just take off and nuke the club from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Last edited:

stevoc

This is not football manager and I really tried to take that into account. Still, I have found many players who are not good enough and I would sell or let go. However, some of them are players who are out on loan today.

I would keep:
Bayindir: As a reserve. Haven't had a chance yet.

Heaton: As 3rd goalkeeper. Because he is experienced and can teach younger goalkeepers something.

Maguire: He has been our best defender this season. He has been really good and deserves another chance.

Martinz: Good first season.

Varane: If he is content to be back-up to Maguire and Martinez, who I see as first choice.

Shaw: There aren't many better left backs in the league.

AWB: His defensive qualities are golden against strong dribblers.

Evans: As 5th choice in centre-back. He has surprised me and deserves one more season.

Kambwala: He deserves a chance to prove himself. Promising.

Bruno: Most creative player in the squad.

Mainoo: Great talent.

McT: If he's happy with life as a back-up (has to be 4th or 5th choice to the two central midfielders). He always gives 100% and we don't have many physically strong midfielders.

Eriksen: If he is happy to be a back-up next season (as 3rd or 4th choice to the two midfielders). Creative, calm, does not panic under pressure.

Rashford: He was one of our best players last season. He will be again.

Højlund: Still young and deserves another chance to adapt to the league and the team.

Garnacho: Perhaps our greatest talent along with Mainoo.

Greenwood: He hasn't been convicted of anything, so I would take him back. We really need a goalscorer and he will be our best finisher.

I have doubts about the following:

Casemiro: He looked really bad before his injury and I fear he is finished at this level. But at the same time, he has won so much that he can be important for the team routinely. I hope he will come back to the same form as last season.

Amad: He has been injured all season, but showed good pace last season when he was on loan.

Hannibal: I doubt the talent is great enough. But I'm not sure.

These are the ones I would sell/let go:

Onana: He's been expensive, but he's also been a disaster.

Reguilon: Not our player. But otherwise a good back-up for Shaw. If United buy him, I would feel fine.

Dalot: Can't defend.

Williams: The talent is not big enough.

Amrabat: Not our player and not good enough. Much worse than Fred.

Mount: He won't be sold. I know. But I'm not a fan of him at all and I've never understood why he went to United in the first place.

Pellistri: The talent is not big enough.

Donny: It just didn't work out.

Martial: What is happening to him? He totally faded.

Antony: Great technique but can't create a scoring chance anyway.

Sancho: Unfortunately. The talent is otherwise great.

Shoretire: The talent is not big enough
That's just not accurate...

...he can't attack either.

Ricardo de la Vega

Which of this squad would you keep and why?
Shaw, Bruno, Hojlund, Martinez, Mainoo, Garnacho. Some of the other kids probably. Thats it. Rest can get lost. Even Rashford, Im not having this "Ill play class every six months but then have a sulk for six months in between" for the rest of his career.

paulscholes18

Keep
Onana
Bayindir
Maguire
Martinez
Shaw
Mainoo
Mount
Antony
Garnacho
Hannibal