So who do you play Paul or Fred v The Foxes

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It would be madness not to play Pogba, he’s one of the only ones that doesn’t look run down imo.
Plus he keeps the ball better than Fred, a lot better in fact.
The players that should play are the ones that are most fit, if we had to drop Matic due to fatigue I’d pick McTominay over Fred anyway.

RUCK4444

Personally I’d love to see a 4-2-2-2.

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw/Williams
McTominay Fred
Bruno Pogba
Greenwood Martial​

Full backs providing the width, two holding CM’s dealing with the press and our two best passers of the ball influencing the team further up the pitch where they should be.

Rashford looks in dire need of rest and that front two look bang in form at the moment.
Yeah something like this would be good. I mentioned above to perhaps drop one of the forwards (I agree most likely Rashford) and push Bruno further up in order to accomodate Fred along with Matic or McTominay. I'd still play Matic but add some legs to help him in the shape of Fred.

I think this would afford us more control of the game.

Canagel

Play them both with Pogba at 10 and drop Bruno to the bench.. simple

Bruno gives the ball away for fun, leaves the midfield and defence exposed and isn't creating anything meaningful anyway . Let Pogba run riot with the front 3 and kill the game off early, if the same XI play again Im afraid we will lose..

RUCK4444

It would be madness not to play Pogba, he’s one of the only ones that doesn’t look run down imo.
Plus he keeps the ball better than Fred, a lot better in fact.
The players that should play are the ones that are most fit, if we had to drop Matic due to fatigue I’d pick McTominay over Fred anyway.
Really? Before lockdown Fred was one of our best players, since the restart the little we've seen of McTominay has been quite poor from him imo. He's drifted in games just recently.

peridigm

Bruno gives the ball away for fun, leaves the midfield and defence exposed and isn't creating anything meaningful anyway . Let Pogba run riot with the front 3 and kill the game off early, if the same XI play again Im afraid we will lose..
If there was ever an opportunity for white text you totally bottled it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really? Before lockdown Fred was one of our best players, since the restart the little we've seen of McTominay has been quite poor from him imo. He's drifted in games just recently.
True but I just don’t think Fred is at his best playing as deep as Matic normally does.
Granted McTominay isnt either, but I do think he’s better playing that deep, probably due to his size more than anything else.
I like Fred, but if we’re gonna pick him it’s got to be alongside Matic or McTominay imo rather than Pogba.

The Original

I'm not too sure about this...sometimes he pushes into the attack but he does press hard.

But I would not mind trying this formation. Or maybe try Pogba and Bruno in 10 and 8

HackeyC

Given the weak defence and I assume lack of Maddison I expect Leicester will try to play down the channels and counter us when we over-commit. I would consider McTominay in for Rashford to give more cover to whichever side gets overloaded, especially if Luke Shaw is out and Williams is left FB. This would encourage us to play much more centrally which, given the relative lack of mobility in their defence means we have the quality to break their line. I expect they are hoping we play wide and swing the ball in, which would suit their defenders as they would try to spread the ball and quick counter the vacated FB positions.

What I would like to see:

SR

AWB.....HM.....VL.....LS/BW?

NM

PP..........SMT

BF

MG.....AM

Last edited:

Shiva87

Our fans are horrible that's why. They expect loyalty but literally any player that makes an error is destroyed. With the verocity of the reactions to him and De Gea, it feels like some of our fans wait for these players to make a mistake so that they can attack them, then are really quiet when they perform. That's the only reason to explain why threads during draws are 10 pages less than draws or defeats.
Yes, I guess there is no point moaning about it. I always thought United fans used to stick by their players, even in bad patches. We have lost that culture somehow. (Perhaps Bruno is an exception).

I remember how people used to support Forlan even when he hadn't scored for a long time. People were genuinely upset that he could not make it here. Same with Veron.

These days, it's more like - Rashford is shit, Martial needs to be replaced, Pogba needs to be sold, Shaw is useless, AWB can't attack etc. Getting quite tiring to be honest.

I genuinely think I haven't felt a connection with a United team post SAF - till Ole came in last year and started this new squad rebuild.

Objectively, I know a few players are not up to it and DDG may not rediscover his past form. However, I am still going to wish for them to turn it around. I can't think of any player in our core squad (First XI + Fred + Scott) who I believe should be sold.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don't really understand this. Pogba has been brilliant since he has come back. Our entire way of playing has changed to dominating teams and he has been the difference to make it happen. One mistake, and bench him for the most important game we have this season!

De Gea made a big mistake and fans wanted him out of the team. (Although I don't think he is going to keep his place long term, he will start the Leicester game).

I would play the same first XI and ask them to have a go at winning it. Don't want to go into the last 5-10 mins with Leicester having a chance.
He hasn’t been close to “brilliant” for the last few games. Hence people think he should be dropped. Feck knows how or why you think this represents some sort of disloyalty on the part of the fans. When a footballer gets dropped for under-performing he’s not being stabbed in the fecking back!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is this thread serious ? Ole will pick Pogba. You can stick your mortgage on it

Shiva87

He hasn’t been close to “brilliant” for the last few games. Hence people think he should be dropped. Feck knows how or why you think this represents some sort of disloyalty on the part of the fans. When a footballer gets dropped for under-performing he’s not being stabbed in the fecking back!
I don't think it's disloyalty - it's highly reactionary! Mistakes are understandable.

For example, I want DDG challenged by Henderson next season as DDG has made too many mistakes at key points, but I hope he does well on Sunday. He has reached a tipping point of eroding his equity.

Pogba on the other hand is responsible for how good we were since lockdown. (See Spurs first half v second half).

Foxbatt

I would drop Rashford or Greenwood and play both Pogba and Fred along with Matic and Bruno. Ole should ban Pogba from coming deep. If they beat our midfield without Fred there is no one with enough pace to stop them. This is why Fred is needed. No one who can tackle either. Pogba is a liability to our team now.

lex talionis

It boggles the mind that anyone even for a moment seriously entertains the possibility of benching Pogba for Fred in a match of this consequence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think it's disloyalty - it's highly reactionary! Mistakes are understandable.

For example, I want DDG challenged by Henderson next season as DDG has made too many mistakes at key points, but I hope he does well on Sunday. He has reached a tipping point of eroding his equity.

Pogba on the other hand is responsible for how good we were since lockdown. (See Spurs first half v second half).
Seriously? wow

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't know how many more times people can watch Matic dawdle on the ball and get robbed in dangerous areas before they accept he's a disaster against pressing teams. Pogba and Bruno are key to our attacking play so they need to start. With Morgan playing at the back with Evans, any quick ball could cause them some real problems, and Fred's very good at moving the ball forward quickly. That would be my three.

Dazzmondo

You must be joking. We look 10X worse whenever any of Matic, Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood or Martial don't play. Frankly dropping any of them shouldn't even be an option.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Mctominay matic
————-pogba
Greenwood martial bruno

I would drop rashford who’s been poor and use him as impact sub against tired defenses. Move bruno up with the strikers

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

You can certainly see the difference in control that we had in the games before Southampton. Beyond that it’s ridiculous to blame Pogba for everyone else’s poor performances. Literally everyone.

Shiva87

Seriously? wow
Yes, he has made 2 mistakes but given us lots of control in midfield. Just look at our performances when he was not on the pitch. The play breaks down a lot faster attracting direct pressure from the other team.

Pogba has been disciplined as well to allow Matic to penetrate when he is man marked.

GoldanoGraham

Mctominay matic
————-pogba
Greenwood martial bruno

I would drop rashford who’s been poor and use him as impact sub against tired defenses. Move bruno up with the strikers
No way I would start with McTominay - he’s really gone off the boil since the restart - making too many mistakes.....
Rashford will come good today