Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Still trying to cover every blade of grass to please, got caught in possession a few times and gave the ball away, gave away the free kick that led to the goal.
I think he needs to calm down a little and settle in.

Reactions: Fortitude

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I have no idea why we didnt play Dalot as LB and Lindelof as RB who has played there in recent past. We could have played Maguire as CB.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I have no idea why we didnt play Dalot as LB and Lindelof as RB who has played there in recent past. We could have played Maguire as CB.
There's one of the reasons why. If "play Maguire" is the solution, it's a very serious problem.

JB7

In fairness I can recall us starting Lindelof at right back twice and on both occasions we changed it at half time due to him being horrendous there.

Red00012

So now we want Maguire back in :lol:
Just shows if a really crap player is dropped for a period of time and results get a bit rubbish that player instantly improves by been not selected

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So now we want Maguire back in :lol:
Just shows if a really crap player is dropped for a period of time and results get a bit rubbish that player instantly improves by been not selected
No i want players to be played in their position. Its our fault we didnt replace Maguire. Now if we have a CB who can play, then why not play him?
Also i didnt mention that Maguire is improved, you are imagining it in your head.

Red00012

No i want players to be played in their position. Its our fault we didnt replace Maguire. Now if we have a CB who can play, then why not play him?
Also i didnt mention that Maguire is improved, you are imagining it in your head.
You want players played in their position but you suggest Maguire should be played at left back . :houllier:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's good! But he gives a lot of silly fouls away. Not necessarily the biggest deal but at left back out of position it's gonna be in more annoying areas.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Takes a lot of time on the ball to make those passes as well. Plenty of times he went into the CB position forcing Lindelof to go LB pushing on, there was a point in the first half when Cas and he were at CB with Varane and Lindelof in midfield. So a lot of clutter and congestion in central areas.
Yeah, we achieved the square root of feck all with his role yesterday. He didn’t play as a inverted full back, but just roamed from left back to some sort of weird deep-lying playmaker. He weirdly just kept sitting between our centre backs or as an anchor man, doing nothing with the ball whilst killing our left side.

People are aghast by the thought of Lindelöf at full back, but he was constantly pushed to wide areas anyway by Amrabat, whilst being unable to support the flank at as he needed to fall back to centre back if we lost the ball.

Bondi77

Is he aware that a player is not supposed to touch the ball with their hand.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Why not play him? Because he is absolutely trash. He's a clumsy oaf. See his pass at the end? See the countless mistakes over the last couple of years? See the opposition fans making fun of him because he's a walking meme.

Kingdingaling

Looks like an absolute buffoon - tried to handball it on so many occasions it seemed like a set up!

Another idiot added to the roster unfortunately .

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Looks like an absolute buffoon - tried to handball it on so many occasions it seemed like a set up!

Another idiot added to the roster unfortunately .
I wouldn't go that far, but I'm always sceptical of loan players, clubs don't loan out their best players, they loan out players to get regular football and to hopefully see them improve

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

If you are gonna play an inverted full back, we need to see runs like this, rather than shuffling across between the two centre backs in front of their forwards for no apparent gain.

Catron

Theres been alot of hype about him after the World Cup. But I am sceptical about buying players based on World cup performces. He's 27 and no one has ever heard of him until the World Cup came along. Isn't that telling you something?

Biggins

Very useful player to have. Has a very good engine and is versatile. Not sure whether he will be a first team player but will for sure provide much needed quality depth.

Bobski

He didn't really start to pass the ball forward through lines until the last 20 mins. It shows he can do it, even if he is more comfortable being a continuity passer. Going to be interested to see how he and Licha play together when he is fit as Lisandro excels at forward passing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He didn't really start to pass the ball forward through lines until the last 20 mins. It shows he can do it, even if he is more comfortable being a continuity passer. Going to be interested to see how he and Licha play together when he is fit as Lisandro excels at forward passing.
I think that's because there was feck all movement ahead of him, rather than his inability. He's always been good at line breaking passes when I've seen him, our attacking players don't seem to give good options for it though or maybe don't expect it from him.

didz

If you are gonna play an inverted full back, we need to see runs like this, rather than shuffling across between the two centre backs in front of their forwards for no apparent gain.
I'd guess that we're pretty unlikely to see that kind of move. People often forget that Zinchenko started as a 10. His diagonals are pretty good though, and once we have Antony - our only attacker who is good at holding width - back, we might have some joy out of that.

jesperjaap

To summarise the thread he has gone from a brilliant signing to a pile of shit in the space of two appearances for the club it seems

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
To summarise the thread he has gone from a brilliant signing to a pile of shit in the space of two appearances for the club it seems
Two appearances at left back, it should be noted.

kaku06

Vulgarian
This place is mad. It’s either full of football Einsteins or lunatics assembled in one space. How the hell can you judge a new player in a new league without any pre season after just 2 starts playing in a desperate makeshift position?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Theres been alot of hype about him after the World Cup. But I am sceptical about buying players based on World cup performces. He's 27 and no one has ever heard of him until the World Cup came along. Isn't that telling you something?
Agree in principle. I don't think he was acquired because of his World Cup performances though, but rather because he played multiple seasons in the Dutch league.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Agree in principle. I don't think he was acquired because of his World Cup performances though, but rather because he played multiple seasons in the Dutch league.
Currently ranked as 11th in Europe by the UEFA co-efficient, about equal to the Scottish Premier or League Div 1.
Which says more about why we took him on loan than purchased.
Also take into account that teams tend not to loan out their top players.
83 appearances in three seasons, not exactly a first on the sheet for Fiorentina either.

KeanoMagicHat

He was quite a good player in Serie A just outside the elite clubs and good for Morocco in the previous World Cup. Not claiming a stellar career or anything but one of those players who improved everyone he played for.

And also to be honest, what has getting players people have heard of done for us? A lot of well known players have given us feck all.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Currently ranked as 11th in Europe by the UEFA co-efficient, about equal to the Scottish Premier or League Div 1.
83 appearances in three seasons, not exactly a first on the sheet for Fiorentina either.
I was under the impression the "loan" was a loan in name only, to be made permanent next year, as an FFP workaround. The type of dodgy deal Italian clubs have been doing for ages now. I could be wrong though.

Big Ray

This place is mad. It’s either full of football Einsteins or lunatics assembled in one space. How the hell can you judge a new player in a new league without any pre season after just 2 starts playing in a desperate makeshift position?
Exactly. You seem to get every kind of idiot under the sun in here. But that’s what makes this place great! Right?!.. I’m not going to judge the new guys until they’re at least playing in a settled line up. Too many injuries and players missing to make judgements.

Highfather_24

Also he's new to the league. And he's a squad player, and not the marquee signing wearing #7.

At this point I'm more worried about Bruno and Casemiro than Mount and Amrabat, both of whom have been fine so far.

flappyjay

107 appearances over three years for a team that doesn't regularly play in Europe.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
107 appearances over three years for a team that doesn't regularly play in Europe.
You must be looking at a different player.
He's played all his senior football in Europe, in the Dutch League, Belgium and Serie A.
He's Dutch by birth, but his parents were of Moroccan descent.
So logically not good enough to play for the Dutch. (he made 4 appearance at u15 level, then started playing for Morocco U17)
What's telling is, Verona bought him in the summer window of 2019, and promptly sold him in the winter window the following January.

Running around like a headless chicken does not make someone a "good" footballer
As I said in a previous post, he got caught in possession a few times, and gave away a silly free kick that led to the goal.
Ok he's not a LB, and we know Rashford doesn't have a defensive bone in his body and would leave anyone exposed, because of that he should in his brain be telling himself to stay where he is told to play.
This trying to cover every blade of grass, destroys the shape of the team, he wont get away with it against the likes of City and Liverpool.
There was also a clip of him picked up on MOTD on the ground, flicking the ball way from a player with his hand!

Now I also realise that 2 games is too early to judge, but so far the prognosis isn't that great, and as I've also stated, there is a reason why Fiorentina were willing to let him out on loan. Peronally on these two games, we should have kept Sabitzer

TheReligion

Abusive
You must be looking at a different player.
He's played all his senior football in Europe, in the Dutch League, Belgium and Serie A.
He's Dutch by birth, but his parents were of Moroccan descent.
So logically not good enough to play for the Dutch. (he made 4 appearance at u15 level, then started playing for Morocco U17)
What's telling is, Verona bought him in the summer window of 2019, and promptly sold him in the winter window the following January.

Running around like a headless chicken does not make someone a "good" footballer
As I said in a previous post, he got caught in possession a few times, and gave away a silly free kick that led to the goal.
Ok he's not a LB, and we know Rashford doesn't have a defensive bone in his body and would leave anyone exposed, because of that he should in his brain be telling himself to stay where he is told to play.
This trying to cover every blade of grass, destroys the shape of the team, he wont get away with it against the likes of City and Liverpool.
There was also a clip of him picked up on MOTD on the ground, flicking the ball way from a player with his hand!

Now I also realise that 2 games is too early to judge, but so far the prognosis isn't that great, and as I've also stated, there is a reason why Fiorentina were willing to let him out on loan. Peronally on these two games, we should have kept Sabitzer
The prognosis isn’t good because he’s had one bad game out of two, both played out of position?

Righto