Height: 185cm
Position: Midfield - Defensive Midfield
Foot: Right
On Loan From: ACF Fiorentina

Contract Option: Option to buy
Outfitter: Nike​

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Going to be monstrous for us, him and casemiro will be hard to get through in the midfield.

Hopefully it allows the front 4 to be able to play with good risk on the transition without getting cut to shreds.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Shame we didn't land him a bit earlier as the game against Arsenal is exactly the sort of one you want him in the team for.

Anyone know if he's due to play over the international break? Not sure how much actual gametime he's had recently.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good signing. Promising at Feyenoord, absolutely brilliant at Verona, his initial manager at Fiorentina changed his game and his performances dropped there, but I have faith he can get back to his Verona levels. If he can, he will easily be our best midfielder.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I appreciate the tag. I've liked Sofyan since the first time I saw him play for Hellas Verona, and I'm glad that we were able to bring him in given how much better he's gotten over the years.
I had to return the favour after you tagged me with transfer news relating to him in the past.

Amrabat was probably my favourite player to watch in his one season at Verona. His partnership with Veloso in central midfield that season was excellent.

SAFMUTD

Shame we didn't land him a bit earlier as the game against Arsenal is exactly the sort of one you want him in the team for.

Anyone know if he's due to play over the international break? Not sure how much actual gametime he's had recently.
I think he'll see some minutes.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
A signing that most United fans wanted to be done has actually happened. Looking forward to seeing him.

Redlyn

The video makes me feel we shouldn't expect too much, but he's better than McFred and Sabitzer.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This is very encouraging news. He may not be world class (probably is not) but he is a player we desperately needed last year and need this year.

mav_9me

I had to return the favour after you tagged me with transfer news relating to him in the past.

Amrabat was probably my favourite player to watch in his one season at Verona. His partnership with Veloso in central midfield that season was excellent.
Miguel Veloso...there's a blast from the past. Didn't know how good he actually was, but always looked smooth and classy on the ball.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hope it turns out to be a brilliant under the radar signing.
Casemiro + Him will be hard to play against IMO.

Casemiro can sweep the back 4 and Amrabat can press.

I reckon it gives Bruno, Rashford, Hojlund and Antony/Sancho license to stay forward a bit more.

Raven

YouTube makes him look like a deep lying play maker, have we actually signed a deep lying play maker?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Miguel Veloso...there's a blast from the past. Didn't know how good he actually was, but always looked smooth and classy on the ball.
He was good that season, too, but I just loved watching Amrabat play.

The reason they worked so well together is because, along with them both having a great understanding of where to be on the pitch in correlation to one another, they brought different things to the table.

Both could drop deep (and both preferred to) and, when one did, the other knew where to position himself to further forwards. Veloso was the passer and was a threat with his long shots whereas Amrabat was the ball carrier. The player you could pass to and trust to shield the ball under pressure and carry it upfield. He was fine dribbling and pulling off a la pelopina in his own box like a Verratti for example.

Thing is, at Fiorentina, his manager there didn't like that and made him change his game. He became less a ball carrier and less prone to holding onto the ball with the preference being changed to passing like Veloso.

Personally, I thought he was at his best at Verona where Juric - his manager there - gave him the freedom to carry the ball and whatnot. Their relationship was a big reason for Amrabat's impressive season as he gives Juric a lot of credit for placing so much trust in him. I'm hoping ten Hag allows the same freedom because his game at Verona was similar to how ten Hag used de Jong at Ajax, but we may not see that due to how he's been coached these last few seasons.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Reading the name Miguel Veloso feels like I time travelled. With the right personality would had had a fantastic career. Did not helped that his father stole him a lot of money during his career, pretty sure it caused some damage.

OverratedOpinion

Reading the name Miguel Veloso feels like I time travelled. With the right personality would had had a fantastic career. Did not helped that his father stole him a lot of money during his career, pretty sure it caused some damage.
What a left foot he had on him

Crashoutcassius

I'm really excited about this one

I don't think he is top tier at anything but he is a very good all rounder and will fit very easily into any midfield.

Makes me question the mount deal even more even though I like mount. Think he is ideally a bench option and cover for Bruno now, which he won't like.

croadyman

How we missed him not being signed in time for these first two away games