Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Red Rash

How we missed him not being signed in time for these first two away games
Absolutely ridiculous this took so long to get over the line considering Fiorentina wanted to sell, Amrabat wanted to join and United wanted to sign him.

Not saying we would have won those games if he had played but it definitely would have made us more solid and given us some options in midfield.

pauldyson1uk

Man Utd staff detected Sofyan Amrabat injury during medical but pushed through transfer
Sofyan Amrabat completed a loan move to Manchester United on transfer deadline day, with staff detecting a back issue during the midfielder's medical. WTF is it was us signing injuries players

DickDastardly

If you're a professional football player, you're likely to be injured one way or the other.

I'm sure our medical team has assessed his back and he'll soon carry us to glory.

tomaldinho1

Who at United is beating up all our players?!! i want answers!
I feel like Phil Jones was such a magnet for bad luck, he basically took all the punishment and allowed others to thrive. We took him for granted and wished him to leave and it’s only now he’s gone we really understand his real purpose.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I feel like Phil Jones was such a magnet for bad luck, he basically took all the punishment and allowed others to thrive. We took him for granted and wished him to leave and it’s only now he’s gone we really understand his real purpose.
I think its because of Phil Jones thats why we are being so cautious. Maybe we now have the latest & greatest MRIs which are detecting stuff not seen/detected before? Micro fissures in their bones which if not rested or treated could lead to fatigue fractures later.

Maybe thats why there was this delay on Amrabat's loan transfer --- and why he didnt practice during his pre-season. So we got an expensive loan instead of an outright buy in case when Fiorentina was offered outright buys.

Point is we are assuming that folks at United are just dumb at making decisions. But we know better despite having no medical, financial or operational information... other than a fan's casual observations.

Last edited:

united for life

I really like this signing. I watched him throughout the world cup and he was amazing. Lots of energy on the pitch; he is a no nonsense kind of midfielder - fully commitment and aggression which is much needed.

for me, what would make sense is him partnering casemiro and bruno with mount coming off the bench or used to rest bruno. With our RW problems, mount can fill that position (not the perfect solution but one at least). I just hope Amrabat doesn’t just get used as a squad player. I think he can bring much more to the team.

Highfather_24

Fiorentina asked for 5M loan fee, we lowballed with 3M and delayed till deadline day, Fiorentina got pissed and asked for 10M. We caved.

Typical.

gajender

Fiorentina asked for 5M loan fee, we lowballed with 3M and delayed till deadline day, Fiorentina got pissed and asked for 10M. We caved.

Typical.
That's one way to put it when you strip out all the context then it certainly looks like incompetence. .

TheLord

Typical.
I thought that was a joke...rechecked...and it is actually a 10 million loan. Very steep.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought that was a joke...rechecked...and it is actually a 10 million loan. Very steep.
He is one of Fiorentina's best player and we wanted to buy the player, we wouldn't have got him for cheap. It's like down payment for the future transfer, not usual loan deal.

gajender

United didn't want an obligation to buy but Fiorentina did so it's a compromise of sort with United paying high loan fee to get the deal done on the terms they were comfortable with going forward .

gajender

He is one of Fiorentina's best player and we wanted to buy the player, we wouldn't have got him for cheap. It's like down payment for the future transfer, not usual loan deal.
I think with Obligation to buy United could have gotten him for lower loan fee but it seems United simply doesn't want to commit to the transfer for some reason at the moment and were willing to pay premium to get the player without any obligation .

Real Name

This just means ETH is ditching his plan with Mount 7 games in.

Not a good look.

Also who gave him a number 4!?

roonster09

Scout
I think with Obligation to buy United could have gotten him for lower loan fee but it seems United simply doesn't want to commit to the transfer for some reason at the moment and were willing to pay premium to get the player without any obligation .
Yeah, looks like few reasons for big loan fee. One is to take away the obligation to buy clause, instead make it as option to buy.

Looks like we want the player but the FFP margin was very low. Obligation is as good as permanent transfer, so we are going with option to buy but for that luxury we paid more as loan fee. If we buy him then overall fee will be more or less same I think.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This just means ETH is ditching his plan with Mount 7 games in.

Not a good look.

Also who gave him a number 4!?
He wears number 4 for his country, why not?
We were always signing Amrabat so I don’t think the plans for Mount changes at all

Cassidy

Yeah, looks like few reasons for big loan fee. One is to take away the obligation to buy clause, instead make it as option to buy.

Looks like we want the player but the FFP margin was very low. Obligation is as good as permanent transfer, so we are going with option to buy but for that luxury we paid more as loan fee. If we buy him then overall fee will be more or less same I think.
Or because we fecked around and our chief negotiator had to fly to Florence last day of the window to save the deal.

We agreed his contract in June, we were always planning to sign him and not on loan.

roonster09

Scout

Or because we fecked around and our chief negotiator had to fly to Florence last day of the window to save the deal.

We agreed his contract in June, we were always planning to sign him and not on loan.

Gordon S

He wears number 4 for his country, why not?
We were always signing Amrabat so I don’t think the plans for Mount changes at all
I think Mount could give us the energy and pressing from the front we lack at times. Most of our current options at LW are quite timid in their pressing. To say it nicely.
Mount + Höjlund could be a handful for most defenders.

Cassidy

I think Mount could give us the energy and pressing from the front we lack at times. Most of our current options at LW are quite timid in their pressing. To say it nicely.
Mount + Höjlund could be a handful for most defenders.
Yes agree but don’t be suprised to see Amrabat as well and Bruno RW or even Mount out wide

Captmfla

Pointless to get him in my opinion.

United already have Casemiro, Eriksen and Mctominay and other midfielders who can stand in.

Getting Sofyan in seems to imply that other players can pretend to be injured so there's more rotation within the squad. It's become a holiday for the midfielders as to who gets to play and who gets to rest. No real competition.

As a loanee, ETH would also be hesitant to play Sofyan week in week out. This will also result in more and more rotations. Maybe rotation is the current trend but teams in the past that won championships (Leicester) usually stick to a strong first 11.

Gordon S

United already have Casemiro, Eriksen and Mctominay and other midfielders who can stand in.

Getting Sofyan in seems to imply that other players can pretend to be injured so there's more rotation within the squad. It's become a holiday for the midfielders as to who gets to play and who gets to rest. No real competition.

As a loanee, ETH would also be hesitant to play Sofyan week in week out. This will also result in more and more rotations. Maybe rotation is the current trend but teams in the past that won championships (Leicester) usually stick to a strong first 11.
Huh?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol:

tomaldinho1

Have you not watched football since Leicester won the league?

Oranges038

Such drivel.

You realise there is an option to buy at the end of the year. ETH will play him and if Amrabat wants to stay then he has to perform.

Mailo

Has to be a WUM

RuudTom83

Having never watched Amrabat play it's impossible to pick a formation, but when everyone is fit I wonder who out of the four will be benched for the big away games or would they all play.

Away form (and scoring goals) is the biggest problem, so I wonder if we will see Mount/Amrabat/Casemiro with Rashford/Hojlund/Bruno ahead of them next time United play Away to City or Liverpool.

Real Name

Post of the year.