Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Swordsman

Having never watched Amrabat play it's impossible to pick a formation, but when everyone is fit I wonder who out of the four will be benched for the big away games or would they all play.

Away form (and scoring goals) is the biggest problem, so I wonder if we will see Mount/Amrabat/Casemiro with Rashford/Hojlund/Bruno ahead of them next time United play Away to City or Liverpool.
4-2-3-1 with a double pivot.

Glorio

Pointless to get him in my opinion.

United already have Casemiro, Eriksen and Mctominay and other midfielders who can stand in.

Getting Sofyan in seems to imply that other players can pretend to be injured so there's more rotation within the squad. It's become a holiday for the midfielders as to who gets to play and who gets to rest. No real competition.

As a loanee, ETH would also be hesitant to play Sofyan week in week out. This will also result in more and more rotations. Maybe rotation is the current trend but teams in the past that won championships (Leicester) usually stick to a strong first 11.
The halo of higher wisdom emanating from the post ... :drool:

Rockets Redglare

As a loanee, ETH would also be hesitant to play Sofyan week in week out. This will also result in more and more rotations. Maybe rotation is the current trend but teams in the past that won championships (Leicester) usually stick to a strong first 11.
Yes because Weghorst barely got a game did he.

Wing Attack Plan R

Pointless to get him in my opinion.

United already have Casemiro, Eriksen and Mctominay and other midfielders who can stand in.

Getting Sofyan in seems to imply that other players can pretend to be injured so there's more rotation within the squad. It's become a holiday for the midfielders as to who gets to play and who gets to rest. No real competition.

Last season we were run ragged because of the fixture congestion and competing on so many fronts. Amrabat will be part of a rotation among midfielders, but I would think more in terms of allowing ETH to have flexibility in games for the tactics he wants to use. Being a loan player is a technicality. If Amrabat is any good for us, we will make the transfer permanent. A lot of good players have come to United to watch their careers die, hopefully Amrabat is not one of those.

Glorio

Just seen his signing interview.
Impressed about his knowledge of the club. Some ex- players he listed aren't the ones anyone who doesn't watch us would easily remember. It's actually evident that he followed our games last season (or at least researched really hard! :lol: )

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It’s a loan with an option as we have FFP constraints. He’ll be first choice by Christmas.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I hope we’ve not signed another cripple. Believe he’s got a back problem. That’s 3 of our new signings that have or had an injury problem.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hope we’ve not signed another cripple. Believe he’s got a back problem. That’s 3 of our new signings that have or had an injury problem.
Is that even true

DJ_21

Fiorentina asked for 5M loan fee, we lowballed with 3M and delayed till deadline day, Fiorentina got pissed and asked for 10M. We caved.

Typical.
Does that 10m not get took of his actual price tag if we chose to sign him at the end of his loan? If we don’t opt to sign him then it’s an expensive loan I guess

DJ_21

Is that even true
Don’t see why it wouldn’t be… I mean the one about Hojlund signing when he was injured was true. Also didn’t Liverpool pull out of the race for him or was that more to do with him waiting for us and only wanting us.

Andy_Cole

Don’t see why it wouldn’t be… I mean the one about Hojlund signing when he was injured was true. Also didn’t Liverpool pull out of the race for him or was that more to do with him waiting for us and only wanting us.
It’s not true

Cassidy

Liverpool did not pull out of the race.
Reports have already said he was not injured.

DJ_21

Liverpool did not pull out of the race.
Reports have already said he was not injured.
So where’s the back injury come from then? Reports saying there was a minor back problem that they seen during his medical.

Bwuk

I really hope his signings means we’ll go back to the 4231.

It suits our squad better.

Casemiro, Amrabat, Eriksen, McSauce & Mainoo for the deeper positions.

Bruno, Mount & Hannibal for the #10

Cassidy

So where’s the back injury come from then? Reports saying there was a minor back problem that they seen during his medical.
Ask whoever reported it

DJ_21

We didn't sign him for a week, we signed him for a year.
It’s not about how long we’ve got him for it’s about how long he stays fit for and plays. Hopefully it’s nothing major and he gets lots of games for us. My problem was why our players keep getting injured or why we sign players with injury issues.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It’s not about how long we’ve got him for it’s about how long he stays fit for and plays. Hopefully it’s nothing major and he gets lots of games for us. My problem was why our players keep getting injured or why we sign players with injury issues.
You think football players are 100% fit without any minor issues?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some are ye. Ronaldos 38 and hardly ever as an injury.
Having Injury is different from not having any minor issues.

We signed a player who is fit, fit enough to play for Fiorentina and fit enough to play for his NT. Not sure why people just moan for the sake of it, all because of some bs tweet.

Cassidy

Isn’t injured now doesn’t mean he wasn’t when he had his medical.
Similar sources were reporting he was out for 6 weeks.
So if one was wrong then…

OrcaFat

You came up with just 4?
No4 was quite commonly worn by midfielders in the past. Muhren wore it for us in the past, more recently Hargreaves and Veron.

Makalele, Rijkard and Pep also wore 4 at times.

Pre premier league era, as I recall, 4s were as common in midfield as 5s and 6s.

Probably this has roots in the traditional numbering where 4, 5 and 6 were the “half backs”. When 442 became the norm, one of these no4, no5 or no6 moved into what we now call midfield (and would have been whichever of those guys was most suited to it and then just keeping the number they already wore). That’s why we got a mix of 4s, 5s and 6s in midfield.

OrcaFat

I really hope his signings means we’ll go back to the 4231.

It suits our squad better.

Casemiro, Amrabat, Eriksen, McSauce & Mainoo for the deeper positions.

Bruno, Mount & Hannibal for the #10
4231 is outdated. It under utilises the FBs and CBs, gives up the centre of the pitch and reduces ability to turnover possession high up the pitch resulting in the game mostly being played in your own half.

It may appear to suit some of our players better depending who you want to select. Until Mount comes back I suppose our formation might more closely resemble 4231 but EtH seems set on his 4141 and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Amrabat pushed up into the Mount position for the time being.

Bwuk

4231 is outdated. It under utilises the FBs and CBs, gives up the centre of the pitch and reduces ability to turnover possession high up the pitch resulting in the game mostly being played in your own half.

It may appear to suit some of our players better depending who you want to select. Until Mount comes back I suppose our formation might more closely resemble 4231 but EtH seems set on his 4141 and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Amrabat pushed up into the Mount position for the time being.
City have been playing it all season.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

That would be the worst position for him. Casimero would be better as one of the 4, a lot more of a threat in the final 3rd.

OrcaFat

That would be the worst position for him. Casimero would be better as one of the 4, a lot more of a threat in the final 3rd.
Amrabat is more mobile than Case and - it’s just a thought and we’ll have to wait and see - but I don’t think Case is the man to press high up. When Mount is back it will be Amrabat v Case for the no6 starting berth, more than likely, but until then, if we have to fit square pegs to some degree, my money would be on Amrabat filling in there. His passing is decent as well, he’d do okay there I think.

OrcaFat

Having been saying this for ages. Casemiro has been one of our better offensive players, and would love to see him freed up.
He’s great of course but that position, the high no8, requires intense pressing and won’t suit Casemiro. He’s better at no6 and venturing forward occasionally.

TheRedHearted

Will there now be balance in the force?

there is always the master and the padawan, and we now have two bald, manager and player.

let it begin.

LInkash

Does anyone know why he wanted us so badly? Does he love us that much or was there no-one better in for him?

I know Liverpool were in for him but I'm guessing he didn't want to spend one of his prime years out of the CL.