Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

E-mal

He is not top level on the ball, bless him because he puts his heart in it.

RuudTom83

Why couldn't he of just taken the pace out of the game for 5 minutes...he seemed as erratic and excitable as the rest of them as soon as United took the lead..

Oranges038

Shocking second half but his legs were clearly gone. Second and third goal was all on him.

They just kept targeting him with every ball after that.

FromTheBench

He's not a left back and this experiment only works If we dominate the midfield which we aren't doing.

We would be better of going to a back 3 even than this shambles.

saik

Made a mistake for the third goal.

But at least he is brave on the ball, and doesn't hide from the ball, like Mason Mount always does.
Absolute BS. You can blame Mount for many things today but he wasn't hiding from the ball.

avgp_1

Shocking second half but his legs were clearly gone. Second and third goal was all on him.

They just kept targeting him with every ball after that.
Harsh to call the second goal on him they just played around him as he went to compete for the ball. Its the rest of the defence that was sleeping, nobody should be allowed that sort of space inside our penalty area

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Lindelof isn't a good defender and he's slow too. We have 3 injured leftbacks, one out on loan, and another potential lb that has to play rb because our rb is injured.
Amrabat is only better than Eriksen and Rashford. His passing is the biggest culprit for us conceding goals but defending like hi did for their 2nd is why teams target him.

Andersonson

The offside wasn't his fault in terms of positioning. Was humanly impossible for him to get in line with the other defenders there.

The problem was his choice of pass. Just smacking it long.
A long pass with his wrong foot, in the middle from that position is a school boy error. He wont play LB again. He's at fault for the 2nd as well. Shocking

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He’s also not a left back. Making a huge impact not having a proper lb out there right now. Easy target. He isn’t quick enough to play there either.

el3mel

I honestly don't see what's supposed to be special about this guy but alright. Seems like another Sabitzer kind of deal.

CloneMC16

Can't play at LB. He's cost us two goals tonight. That pass he played before they scored their 3rd was bloody stupid. The defence was out of position and he tries a stupid pass that gets cut out. They instantly score after winning the header.

Oranges038

Harsh to call the second goal on him they just played around him as he went to compete for the ball. Its the rest of the defence that was sleeping, nobody should be allowed that sort of space inside our penalty area
Not really, he rushed in and got turned way too easy. A move a natural left back will not normally get done on, then he lacks the pace to get back. Shocking defending.

Red Rash

I'd genuinely prefer us to play Amrabat next to Casemiro and a back four of Lindelof, Varane, Maguire and Dalot.

I think the gaps in midfield is one of our biggest issue right now and I think more midfield steel with a slightly makeshift defence will put us in a better position than we are right now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Shouldn't be in that left back slot. Surely the experiment is over and Dalot and Lindelof take up the full back slots going forward.

Erik is doing him dirty here, let him play in the middle FFS

Abraxas

Clearly a risk having him at full back because as soon as he has to enter wide areas defensively or offensively you can see how absurdbly uncomfortable that is for him. He's good when he gets to take up his favoured positions.

I think far better players than him would struggle in that situation so I wouldn't worry too much for now.

Davie Moyes

Still that pass was just headed away aimlessly by a central defender and turns into an assist. I worry more about how that can happen than about the choice of pass. That header should never become an assist.
True. He did make the wrong choice of pass but I could not believe what I was seeing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Come in at an absolute sht show of a time.
In terrible form and he's lumbered at left back.
Brilliant.

You just know all of our left backs will be back at the exact same week too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I want to see him in midfield and not in left back. Because we're asking him to move between the two and it's a horrible idea as it's leaving gaps that are easy to exploit.

Idxomer

Again, the idea of playing him as a left-back is one of the dumbest I've seen at this level.

avgp_1

Not really, he rushed in and got turned way too easy. A move a natural left back will not normally get done on, then he lacks the pace to get back. Shocking defending.
TBF the rushing in to win the ball happens a lot nowadays and defenders get rinsed if the opposition plays quick around them. He didn't do a good job ofcourse back but that doesnt excuse that shambolic tracking of that runner.

Dve

Looks like a player from a mid-table Italian side. Nothing more, nothing less.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Don't understand why he is playing LB. Move Dalot to LB and play Lindelof right. Don't know why is it so complicated.

Oranges038

TBF the rushing in to win the ball happens a lot nowadays and defenders get rinsed if the opposition plays quick around them. He didn't do a good job ofcourse back but that doesnt excuse that shambolic tracking of that runner.
The runner should have been tracked. But if he does his job better it doesn't even get that far. It all started with his poor decision to rush into win a ball he was never getting to.

Roboc7

With three (!) LB options out and Dalot being forced to play at RB because the RB is also out, who would you play LB?
Dalot at LB and Lindelof at RB, Maguire at CB. Can’t continue with this disaster and expect anything other than same results. At least if he’s in midfield we might have more balance and control which is what he was brought in for.

Stadjer

Dalot at LB and Lindelof at RB, Maguire at CB. Can’t continue with this disaster and expect anything other than same results. At least if he’s in midfield we might have more balance and control which is what he was brought in for.
When you play Maguire you basically give one free chance away to the opponent every match. I dont think that is going to solve any problems. Im afraid Amrabat will just have to stick it out as the left back until some players return from injury. And yes, he wont be fantastic at that position but with the current selection he is the best option (out of a bunch of bad options)

Roboc7

When you play Maguire you basically give one free chance away to the opponent every match. I dont think that is going to solve any problems. Im afraid Amrabat will just have to stick it out as the left back until some players return from injury. And yes, he wont be fantastic at that position but with the current selection he is the best option (out of a bunch of bad options)
So we just give multiple opportunities by playing Amrabat at LB and weaken our midfield. It’s not the best option and it’s not working, it’s incompetent to not try an alternative.

Dominos

Has some poor moments but I've seen some positive signs from him. Keeps the ball well for most part, and good physicality. He's just not a left back so he's the one player currently who can be forgiven for their failures.

The rest of the players have no excuses.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I feel like he’s trying too hard to make an impression. In and of itself, that’s a good thing, but not when it betrays composure on and off the ball. He needs to play his game and focus on his own strengths instead of joining in on a chaotic melee. Use that energy shrewder and step back and read the play like good deep midfielders are famed for.

He needs to stop touching the ball when he feels like he has been fouled, also. Opposing managers will be honing in on that and bookings will not be far behind.

Jury is far from out on the guy, but he needs to start composing himself and half the errors and poor decisions he’s making will cease. Hopefully.

Conor

Honestly can't believe people are giving out about him when he's a fecking midfielder playing as a makeshift left back :houllier:

saivet

Playing him at LB is going to cause us issues again and again. ETH needs to drop the pride and start Maguire and have Lindelof at full back.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He was excellent up until that fateful pass. But even then we shouldn't have conceded. Our central defenders were simply asleep. Not to mention Onana who dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Anyone picking on him today simply don't understand football. MOTM after Højlund, even with that mistake.

kundalini

Utter garbage. Gave away stupid free-kick from which Palace scored at the weekend, then hopeless performance tonight. We needed someone to at least attempt to play left-back but Amrabat was too busy drifting into midfield.