Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Having a very good World Cup more than holding his own in the middle of the park against some of the very best.

Box to box midfielder with a good engine, combative style of play and the ability to carry the ball progressively.

He’s 26 years old and currently playing for Fiorentina but following his performances is being linked with a move to the PL after the tournament. Liverpool and Arsenal named as front runners for a few of £26m.

Conte and Spurs were close to signing him a year ago but it never materialised.

What’s does the Caf think?

Davie Moyes

I've been very impressed. Especially considering I'd never heard of him or seen him play before.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s been class the whole tournament.

Red Star One

Yes. But no. :D Adel Taraabt. Moroccan as well.
He probably meant Nordin Amrabat that played for Watford - when I saw Morocco in their first group stage game against Croatia I also though it's this lad and wondered how he still makes the team being so old :lol: but it was obviously Sofyan that is having a stellar tournament so far.

Davie Moyes

He probably meant Nordin Amrabat that played for Watford - when I saw Morocco in their first group stage game against Croatia I also though it's this lad and wondered how he still makes the team being so old :lol: but it was obviously Sofyan that is having a stellar tournament so far.
I think Nordin is his brother.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
One of the standout players in this world cup. He's really impressed me.

26 years is relatively young for a DM/CM, so he's 100% getting picked up big a big team soon.

Last edited:

hobbers

Would be worth a look at the right price.

Would he start with Casemiro though is the question?
Could do, and then it would be Bruno or Eriksen for the last spot in the middle.

Having those 4 plus McTominay for 3 positions would be pretty strong.

Fred the obvious one to cut loose.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's playing like he's on some potent mix of steroids and horse placenta.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I didn't watch the game, but the 22 year old midfielder for Morrocco, Azzedine Ounahi is getting a lot of praise.

He seems like a player who can carry the ball and maintains poise with a final pass.

fallengt

Can performce well under pressure
Just get him or pump his price tag to chase Liverpool away

LARulz

Should look at a few if them. Almost all had a great engine, technique and kept calm under all sorts of pressure

Cathy Ferguson

I didn't watch the game, but the 22 year old midfielder for Morrocco, Azzedine Ounahi is getting a lot of praise.

He seems like a player who can carry the ball and maintains poise with a final pass.

Very impressed by him. Great stamina and he can carry the ball from midfield. Will be much cheaper than Bellingham and only 22.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Think he might be a product of the whole team performing well. Given I've only seen a few performances from him with Angers, but certainly didn't stand out this much. Definitely got clear ability, but I'd be cautious with him based of this tournament.

DarkXaero

Amrabat has been one of the best players in this tournament. No idea how he is at club level though.

Sea-Cow

I was impressed by this lad's engine and he still looked fresh even at the end of 120 minutes of running his socks off. But, he also dribbled straight out of bounds multiple times.

I am curious how he does at club level.

troylocker

No thanks. Decent player who had a couple of great performances in the WC, but is not the level required to elevate us to the next level in the PL.

Okey

Not usually a good idea to target a player based on world cup performances alone. Amrabat's body of work is way below what we've seen these last couple of weeks. He's playing out of his skin at this tournament, rather than being a great player hitherto unknown. Way below the level we need. That said, I hope Liverpool bite. Between him and Nunez, the hilarity would be worth it.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
No thanks. Decent player who had a couple of great performances in the WC, but is not the level required to elevate us to the next level in the PL.
It would be stupid to recruit Amrabat when you already have Casemiro, agree on that. Would he be able to improve you? Definitely. He is like Essien in his prime, look at those thighs and also look at how he waits for the opposing player trying to control the ball before he intercepts.
A firm no to World Cup break out players, he'll go back to being a decent midfielder for Fiorentina after tomorrow.
It depends. In the right setting tactically and with responsibility afforded to him he could be world class. In a less optimal setting he could be good but not at the same level. Kind of like James, Thiago or Coutinho, three of the best players of the last 20 years who have had ups and downs I believe Amrabat might need the keys to the team in order to thrive.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'll stick my neck out and say in 2/3 years time he'll be regarded as one of the best DM's in the world.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Would snap at any offers above 50m to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.