g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Rumours has it that ETH want MG back subject to club decision. I think MG will be back because if he was to go out on loan he would have leave by now.

With Hojlund, MG, Rashford and Martial we have 4 very good ST for the position. I think we are well covered in this area compared to last season where we have to play Weghorst
Martial is such an injury liability that's why we still need another down the middle striker,also Rashford generally prefers to play off the left.

Yakuza_devils

Martial is such an injury liability that's why we still need another down the middle striker,also Rashford generally prefers to play off the left.
It will be fine he is just a backup suit his injury records. Hojlund, Rashford and even MG will be ahead of him

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Rumours has it that ETH want MG back subject to club decision. I think MG will be back because if he was to go out on loan he would have leave by now.

With Hojlund, MG, Rashford and Martial we have 4 very good ST for the position. I think we are well covered in this area compared to last season where we have to play Weghorst
But he misses preseason which would make it almost impossible to be up to speed whitin months

Bojan Djordjic

I think it will be Hojlund and Rashford. We have some serious competition on the wings (hopefully) so Rashy can also play upfront without a huge quality difference
It remains to be seen how effective Hojlund will be but it would be a disaster if we’re relying on Rashford at number 9. Not alone is he very average up top but you negate our most dangerous attacking weapon by him out of left wing. Garnacho is a great prospect but he’s largely been great springing off the bench.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It remains to be seen how effective Hojlund will be but it would be a disaster if we’re relying on Rashford at number 9. Not alone is he very average up top but you negate our most dangerous attacking weapon by him out of left wing. Garnacho is a great prospect but he’s largely been great springing off the bench.
But it is what we have. And according to our budget. We had so many positions to improve, so that what needs to work next season

pascell

Yeah IF Greenwood gets the go ahead
At this point I think he's going to be let back in through the back door. It'll be a phased return where he comes back to Carrington to do some 'individual training whilst we finish our investigation' and he'll play some behind closed doors friendlies, finally around Jan/Feb he'll be on the bench for a game and then he's back into the fold.

I hope I'm wrong but there has been absolutely nothing to suggest he's leaving either permanent, or on loan and he's obviously still in contact and in the good books with some of the players.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
At this point I think he's going to be let back in through the back door. It'll be a phased return where he comes back to Carrington to do some 'individual training whilst we finish our investigation' and he'll play some behind closed doors friendlies, finally around Jan/Feb he'll be on the bench for a game and then he's back into the fold.

I hope I'm wrong but there has been absolutely nothing to suggest he's leaving either permanent, or on loan and he's obviously still in contact and in the good books with some of the players.
Wasn't it heavily rumoured that we attempted to use him as a make-weight in the Hojlund deal to keep the fee down?

Reyoji-Utd

If we're not signing this guy, I think this is a role we don't have to spend big bucks on and we can be a bit creative. Federico Redondo, son of Fernando, might be a cool pick up at entry level prices. He's super press resistant and always seems to get his pass off.

Or else, I love the look of André Trinidad. Another super cool customer under pressure.

Quite interesting. Redondo could be the hybrid between CB and CDM as he tall, strong, can tackle and pass too. Maybe can be the RCB for us in the future. Andre is good too if we look for the press resistence MF and could offer us more variety as a squad.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
But he misses preseason which would make it almost impossible to be up to speed whitin months
I don't understand what the club's strategy is regarding MG. I can understand not wanting to take him to the US with the cloud over his head but if he is to play a part this season then he needs to get some minutes in pre season under his belt.

Similarly, if the idea is to offload him either on loan/permanently then don't know why it hasn't been done yet. Clubs from Saudi, Turkey etc at the very least would have no issues taking him ( plus reputed journalists from the Athletic had reported we had already received offer for him), so it's not like there will be no takers.

Bojan Djordjic

Quite interesting. Redondo could be the hybrid between CB and CDM as he tall, strong, can tackle and pass too. Maybe can be the RCB for us in the future. Andre is good too if we look for the press resistence MF and could offer us more variety as a squad.
There’s an obsession on the CAF in moving players out of their natural positions. Don’t understand the logic of taking someone who is excelling at a young age in a notoriously difficult position to fill and then moving them to play in a position we have no idea they can play to any level especially at CB which there’s usually half a dozen young prospects at any time.

Reyoji-Utd

There’s an obsession on the CAF in moving players out of their natural positions. Don’t understand the logic of taking someone who is excelling at a young age in a notoriously difficult position to fill and then moving them to play in a position we have no idea they can play to any level especially at CB which there’s usually half a dozen young prospects at any time.
Maybe the word i used is not clear enough. In anyway, i dont mean to say use him as CB rather than his actual position. What i mean is that he would look better in the way like Pep playing as he can be the one that can play both position in a certain system (pep system maybe). I still have certain worries esp how we play all these years with big yet not much agile player in the DM so i think Andre is much more akin to Amrabat profile wise. I just want to see us can play from the back and be press resistence.

-Supreme-

If we can somehow sell McT for £45m, Maguire for £25m and Fred for £15m. Thats already £85m. Plus Elanga for £15m. We would have made £100m in just sales.
Plus whatever we got for Telles and Henderson for around £20-25m as well.

AneRu

Yeah now that we have got the majority of our 'must do' business out of the way I'd like for us to be creative with one or two signings for the future from the Brazilian and Argentine Leagues. Maybe if we pick up a couple at 20m a pop, Madrid have had some amazing value from South America. Why we aren't doing the same, I don't know.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wonder if the transfer negotiation team is staying in one central location and doing all three transfer deals. They can just book an Airbnb and just work out of that, rent a car and drive up & down Italy to conclude these deals.

I don't ever remember any summer where we did three consecutive transfers all from the same country and in sequence.

Bojan Djordjic

I guess have budget leftover from the Hojlund deal since we have yet to sell anyone.
We've sold Elanga, Telles and freed up budget from De Gea and Phil Jones (not sure if his last contract was a big one or not). Think Bailly has been given the CR7 seal of approval so expect that will also be done and dusted soon.

Bojan Djordjic

With the inevitable sale of Maguire, we’ll be able to get this one done.
If we do sell Maguire, which is a big if given how scanty our CB resources are now, we'll almost certainly have to pump that fee plus more into replacing him as 3rd/4th choice CB.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we do sell Maguire, which is a big if given how scanty our CB resources are now, we'll almost certainly have to pump that fee plus more into replacing him as 3rd/4th choice CB.
I’d promote Menghi instead. We’ve got Martinez, Varane, Lindelof and Shaw. Unless we can sign someone on Kim Min Jae’s level, why bother bloating out the squad with even more mediocrity?

Bojan Djordjic

I’d promote Menghi instead. We’ve got Martinez, Varane, Lindelof and Shaw. Unless we can sign someone on Kim Min Jae’s level, why bother bloating out the squad with even more mediocrity?
Why would we purposefully try to sign someone that's mediocre? I've argued elsewhere that we should begin switching our focus to project players for the rotational roles. Players that are young but show potential to be elite and displace the first team starters over time. Nianzou at Sevilla or Debast.

Understand Mengi was a big prospect when he was very young but nothing I've seen of Mengi in the past couple of years suggests he's at all capable of playing in any important games for the club. Suspect even amongst the underage teams he's been jumped at this stage.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why would we purposefully try to sign someone that's mediocre? I've argued elsewhere that we should begin switching our focus to project players for the rotational roles. Players that are young but show potential to be elite and displace the first team starters over time. Nianzou at Sevilla or Debast.

Understand Mengi was a big prospect when he was very young but nothing I've seen of Mengi in the past couple of years suggests he's at all capable of playing in any important games for the club. Suspect even amongst the underage teams he's been jumped at this stage.
If all we’ve got is the Maguire money, and that player knows they’re coming into be 5th choice, I doubt they’d be all that good. A younger player though, who could come in and learn the ropes wouldn’t be a bad idea.
Don’t know a lot about him really, in fact I thought he was a right back.

croadyman

If all we’ve got is the Maguire money, and that player knows they’re coming into be 5th choice, I doubt they’d be all that good. A younger player though, who could come in and learn the ropes wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Don’t know a lot about him really, in fact I thought he was a right back.
Can play both positions I think

cyberman

Nothing, was exaggerated to help with negotiations
I don’t even think this is true. Every Italian report for two of our signings were consistent throughout negotiations. All the way through being told we had to sell to buy or we could sign one player before the takeover or being told we couldn’t afford Onana and looked elsewhere only to then spend 130m since. I can’t see how that helps.
To think it all started with a report of a routine UEFA meeting with United that happens every year that include the line Let’s pretend the meeting had to do with failing ffp regulations..
And it grew from there

Status
Not open for further replies.