Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

parmenio

Amrabat is the smokescreen. Caicedo will be the deadline day signing.
Amrabat will be a superb piece of biz if we get him. Caicedo is crazy money. Amrabat and a decent CH to replace Harry and we’ve had a brilliant window. Keep the Pennie’s left over for January being skint in Jan really hurt us last season. Touchmeni from Madrid would be great but for the money Amrabat looks a steal he’s a far better player than most on here realise.

Chief123

Would kind of love if we made one really left-field high risk-high reward type signing for this position. Feel its been a while since we bought some unfancied player and they burst to stardom while playing for us. Someone like Arthur Vermeeren, Gourna Douath, Redondo Jr, André would be really cool. Zaire Emery at PSG would be insane but doubt even PSG would be that negligent when it came to letting him go.
Unlikely as it is, it would be incredible if we got Caicedo in as a last minute shock. Would be the best window ever. Not because of big names but because we would have addressed every area of weakness if we got Pavard too. And also could be our best selling transfer window.

croadyman

Would kind of love if we made one really left-field high risk-high reward type signing for this position. Feel its been a while since we bought some unfancied player and they burst to stardom while playing for us. Someone like Arthur Vermeeren, Gourna Douath, Redondo Jr, André would be really cool. Zaire Emery at PSG would be insane but doubt even PSG would be that negligent when it came to letting him go.
The same Andre who was linked to the scousers

croadyman

Unlikely as it is, it would be incredible if we got Caicedo in as a last minute shock. Would be the best window ever. Not because of big names but because we would have addressed every area of weakness if we got Pavard too. And also could be our best selling transfer window.
Unfortunately we haven't the funds to rival Chelsea on this one. Pretty certain they will find an agreement with Brighton soon

Mainoldo

Man must have the patience of a saint
:lol: On the surface but in reality it only seems this way because he’s mentioned every week.

Benjamin Pavard has been waiting all window for Maguire to go so that he can arrive.

Chief123

Unfortunately we haven't the funds to rival Chelsea on this one. Pretty certain they will find an agreement with Brighton soon
If we sold Maguire, Mctominay, Fred and DVB I’m sure we would have the funds to do the deal. However we’d have to get a defender in pretty cheap.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I still hope we're selling to fund Caicedo deal. Not sure about Amrabat, he'll be a squad player but another not really exciting transfer. Also next season we will be lookig for Casemiro replacement anyway, so this looks like another "transition" move.

croadyman

I still hope we're selling to fund Caicedo deal. Not sure about Amrabat, he'll be a squad player but another not really exciting transfer. Also next season we will be lookig for Casemiro replacement anyway, so this looks like another "transition" move.
Let's just say in some parallel universe we had choice between Caicedo/Tchouameni

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Looks like Amrabat is pushing for a move to Athletico Madrid - we'll need to look elsewhere.
Looks like Margot Robbie is looking to end her marriage and marry me - her current husband will need to look elsewhere.

windycityfan

Very much agreed with all of that. Of course, every transfer is a risk no matter how big the name or pedigree etc. God knows we’ve been burnt enough in the past with very well established and sought after talents not living up to their billing.

The only thing that really matters to me this transfer season is whether Ten Hag is convinced by a player and if it addresses a pressing weakness in our squad. So far I think he’s got the big personnel decisions right (Ronaldo and De Gea plus a bunch of deadwood out, upgraded midfield, added a young and very promising 9, promotion of Garnacho and Mainoo etc) and so he’s earned enough trust to continue building the squad how he sees fit. That’s the only way that we’ll really get a chance to see what his and his team’s ceiling can be.

On the face of it Amrabat’s profile seems to make a lot of sense and addresses some really obvious deficiencies in our midfield. We haven’t had a proper deeper lying playmaker who is comfortable on the ball and can control things through an extensive range of passing since Carrick. And we’ve clearly missed that sort of profile in lots of matches where we’ve exerted no control or composure from the middle. From what I’ve seen it looks like he’ll add a bit of bite and mobility too. Given our budget constraints under the Glazers, I’m happy enough with that for the time being, although as always, the proof will be in the pudding.
Good post!

Abraxas

The Everton Onana is nowhere near cultured enough for a Man United midfield option in my opinion. We get frustrated with Fred's passing, ship him out then bring that fella in? Not for me, even if he is young and has a certain amount of potential and athleticism. I think ETH will want a better technical player than that. Amrabat is a very consistent passer of the ball so I imagine it will be other options that are also strong in this area.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Regarding Amrabat and Atletico Madrid, that isn't based on anything substantial. The origin is Diario Sport (Tier 4), and they are generally unreliable. Not a single somewhat reliable outlet/journalist has covered this with their own info, including any Moroccan outlet. At this stage, United are waiting to let go of another midfielder before bringing in Amrabat, and the player himself is waiting for us to make a formal approach.

NLunited

We already have an Onana in midfield, well, some of the time. And, he is very cultured.

Status
Not open for further replies.