Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

Seems to have went a bit quiet but Romano said we were waiting for Fred and Donny to go before making a move. The fact we’ve now been linked with Onana might suggest we’re looking at alternatives.

croadyman

Seems to have went a bit quiet but Romano said we were waiting for Fred and Donny to go before making a move. The fact we’ve now been linked with Onana might suggest we’re looking at alternatives.
They are different profiles of midfielders

ShinjiNinja26

They are different profiles of midfielders
They are but we’re obviously not signing them both if McTominay’s staying. So it’s one or the other, I’d personally rather Amrabat as he’s a lot better on the ball and I think we need more of that in midfield but maybe the manager has decided we need a different profile of player with more physicality and athleticism.

croadyman

They are but we’re obviously not signing them both if McTominay’s staying. So it’s one or the other, I’d personally rather Amrabat as he’s a lot better on the ball and I think we need more of that in midfield but maybe the manager has decided we need a different profile of player with more physicality and athleticism.
I am still hoping McTominay garners some interest so we could get both,however you are right getting both hinges on selling him

gaffs

It feels like the agreement has been made, United have a good idea on price and just waiting on the sales to get it done.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Onana stories are being generated by his agent to get him out of Everton. They look dross.

croadyman

It feels like the agreement has been made, United have a good idea on price and just waiting on the sales to get it done.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Onana stories are being generated by his agent to get him out of Everton. They look dross.
Worrying that Romano is talking him up as an alternative whereas hoping it was in addition to

Bondi77

Totally different players, surely?

Amrabat would not be brought in to replace Fred’s attributes. Fred is being let go because he doesn’t have the right attributes.
Fred has great attributes....he just has a shite technique while Hannibal has a good technique.
I reckon Amrabat would be brought in to free up Casemiro a little more and be cover when Casemiro inevitably gets a red card

Bondi77

I vaguely remember this being posted before now. Thanks.

So who are we going with, then? Morocco World News or Romano?

I have no clue, btw.
Neither have I really, same as everyone else on here but I am always a little suspicious when another club is initially linked and then our name is brought into the equation.
We will see if Fab really has his finger on the pulse with this one soon enough.

OrcaFat

Fred has great attributes....he just has a shite technique while Hannibal has a good technique.
I reckon Amrabat would be brought in to free up Casemiro a little more and be cover when Casemiro inevitably gets a red card
Yeah, effectively. My point was really that EtH doesn’t want a player of Fred’s profile and so I don’t think of anyone replacing him, as such, except purely in terms of numbers.

I am a huge fan of Hannibal. My favourite player to come through the 21s for years and years. I see him as competition in the pot with Eriksen, Mount and Bruno. Most of the time, Mount and Bruno are going to win that battle but I could see Hannibal going past Eriksen this year, if he’s able to get enough minutes to keep developing.

OrcaFat

Neither have I really, same as everyone else on here but I am always a little suspicious when another club is initially linked and then our name is brought into the equation.
We will see if Fab really has his finger on the pulse with this one soon enough.
Very true!

croadyman

Amazed this hasn't really picked up pace today now that Fred leaving was confirmed yesterday

croadyman

I know half of those tweets are probably from fabricated gossip but man... Feels like a plea for help.
Should get him in anyway,then IF we can sell McTominay and maybe couple of others make a move for Onana late in window

Winrar

Bumping this thread after seeing our midfield get run over time and time again by Wolves.

bstb3

Yeah was thinking that. No way this midfield trio works out, its paper weak. Wolves just ran straight through the middle of it unchallenged so many times. Needs someone else combative in there if Casemiro is going to be allowed to keep going forward with Bruno and / or Mount. I suppose we are waiting for sales to get this deal done, but that might change after tonights game.

avgp_1

Can show up to receive the ball from the GK or CBs, that's a positive in itself. Man do we need one of those in our midfield

Rolaholic

Yea, we need somebody like him badly...

Going to be a long season for the midfield if we don't get him/someone similar

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Can show up to receive the ball from the GK or CBs, that's a positive in itself. Man do we need one of those in our midfield
Yep. Watching Enzo turning the press with ease yesterday and likewise tonight with Nunes and Lemina. When we try anything similar it’s usually a turnover instantly. Envious of this type of player.

E-mal

I am not convinced he is the right player either. Personally I feel we need More than one midfielder as we already made a mistake with Mount in my opinion and we need another option to Casemiro

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
ANyone who puts pressure on Casemiro to perform or even outperforms him, which shouldn't be a big issue after what we saw today would be good enough. Anyoneo who can push the likes of Eriksen and McTominay down the pecking order, otherwise we look miserably average team.

Adamsk7

Christ I don’t even know if he’s any good but at this point I’ll take anyone that can pick the ball up in midfield, play a few passes and can cover defensively

Gordon S

Yep. Watching Enzo turning the press with ease yesterday and likewise tonight with Nunes and Lemina. When we try anything similar it’s usually a turnover instantly. Envious of this type of player.
People laughed at Chelsea for going crazy on this guy. He is an absolute gem in the making. Him and Caicedo could get Chelsea right back in the mix again for the next couple of years. We got Mount instead.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Whatever they want, just double it. Casemiro can't carry that defensive midfield by himself and Mount is not suited for that role.

KD6-3.7

That midfield performance against Wolves was a worrying indicator of what’s to come this season, so please wrap this deal up and also start looking for Casemiro replacements because he looked gassed in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.