Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaku06

Let’s add to the mediocrity.
He isn’t mediocre. He is a good midfielder not a world beater but good. We need a midfielder right now and don’t have the money to spend huge on a midfielder so at £25m it’s a no brainier really.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It’ll take far more than one game to show we can’t go it.
I’d go as far ti say they need 4/5 games before we can judge really. We can’t make such sweeping statements after one game
we had pre-seasons, hadn't we?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Let’s add to the mediocrity.
Amrabat goes to City and plays well*

Why can’t we get a player like Amrabat?! So cheap aswell! Why do we always have to buy so expensively! Sack EtH, Sack Murtough! *angrily waves fist at cloud*

Castia

It’ll take far more than one game to show we can’t go it.
I’d go as far ti say they need 4/5 games before we can judge really. We can’t make such sweeping statements after one game
Yeah that’s fair but it would have to improve about 500% to look anywhere near a viable way of playing. I read thats the most shots a side as had at OT since 04….and we’ve seen a couple of hammerings at OT

Let’s see in the coming games but with Spurs and Arsenal away approaching it’s not ideal

Last edited:

Sir Hag de Ten

My overall impression is that he's more of a potential 8 who can also moonlight as 6.
If there's only the possibility of s single signing in midfield this summer we need a profile like that providing at least some cover...
That’s a decision for the ETH to make and must be allowed to call the shots , we need more steel in midfield and 55m shouldn’t be a barrier. Besides, if we want to move forward we should end this mentality of looking at every expensive buy as an obstacle to progress. The team is in transition so various experiments are permissible. remember Pep has been changing his expensive defenders till he got a working formula so our manager should be given similar freedom.

buchansleftleg

This guy might be a good addition, but we have had good passers in the team before. Hell even Onana is a good passer but he had no-one showing for the ball. To me getting Amrabat won't be effective unless we also get some forwards that actually....make runs!

I'm sick of watching strikers that don't make any sort of speculative runs....diagonal runs....runs to create space for others to run into. Cavani was the last striker we had that actually did ANY of the work that you would associate with a Striker at anything close to some sort of pace. Wout, tried but he was more of a cart horse than a thoroughbred. Rashford only ever runs when balls are lofted over the top or diagonally towards him. He doesn't make short runs to pull the defence around.

I can see Hojlund getting easily picked off by defenders because, yet again we will be attacking in ones or two's. Watch any video of our title winning sides and you will see 3 or 4 attacking players hurling themselves forward, some into channels, others running diagonally to pull defenders over and create space that midfielders can then exploit as well.

We've had players capable of world class passing in the side and we are resorting, more often than not, into high lofted balls into channels like a throwback to Wimbledon days. I'd suggest that maybe EtH needs to implement a rule - if a striker loses the ball and walks back, they get fined. If they aren't involved in the press...they get fined. If they do the "I'm pretending to run but I'm actually doing a jog" routine they get subbed off.

When Varane shows more drive and determination to get into the box than your strikers then it is time to bin them off.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Amrabat goes to City and plays well*

Why can’t we get a player like Amrabat?! So cheap aswell! Why do we always have to buy so expensively! Sack EtH, Sack Murtough! *angrily waves fist at cloud*
What a bizarre scenario to make up. Oddly enough City are about to sign their 2nd midfielder this summer for a much higher fee than Amrabat is available for after already missing out on 105m Rice - they haven’t gone near Amrabat - and they won’t.

Chief123

A lot of Kim Min Jae vibes. Lots of foreign reports stating with certainty deal is done and then nothing happens.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A lot of Kim Min Jae vibes. Lots of foreign reports stating with certainty deal is done and then nothing happens.
Yup pretty much. I'd be surprised if we sign him. Surely we need a more physical presence in the middle.

Telsim

I remain unconvinced. I just don't see how he changes last night? We need world class in that position.

But I get we don't have the money, and most have already moved, so I suppose it's better than nothing. I don't see what are we going do when Casemiro is out, though?

OrcaFat

I remain unconvinced. I just don't see how he changes last night? We need world class in that position.

But I get we don't have the money, and most have already moved, so I suppose it's better than nothing. I don't see what are we going do when Casemiro is out, though?
When Case is out Amrabat will play at no6. Amrabat is really a no6 who is tough and good on the ball. Could play in a double pivot when required. Not really a no8 by most people’s definition.

Frank Grimes

October is two months away and we’ve got an international break in the middle! Teams get injuries all the time , you don’t need to make a signing for each one.

Casmeiro
Bruno
Eriksen
Mount
Mainoo
Amrabat

is a good set of midfielders. Would I like a brilliant playmaker in there? Yes. But for the coming season that’s a good line up to go for top 4.
Last season was the season we were going for top 4. This season was the season we were to try to compete for the title. We've turned into Manana Utd.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Looking forward to Thursday when we'll be "Officially definitely poised to go in for Sofyan Amrabat"

By the weekend we should be "Offically about to launch"

Devil You Know

Only Manchester United know what Manchester United are about to do. And if they're going to leak to anybody, it'll most likely be the usual english journalists like Laurie Whitwell or David Ornstein.

What you can be sure of, though, is that Repubblica won't be the first to know.

The bit about personal terms might be true. That news could easily have come from the player side.

parmenio

Was outstanding in the WC. Totally outshone Rice in the UEFA final. Yet since he doesn’t cost Silly money it’s a poor signing. He’s a very good player who will fit in very well. £25m is excellent biz. If Harry doesn’t leave that may be our biz over and th e squad is a lot stronger than last season for sure and first 11 a mile better.

Infra-red

Last season was the season we were going for top 4. This season was the season we were to try to compete for the title. We've turned into Manana Utd.
I don't think that was ever realistic, given how far ahead City are, our limited financial resources, lack of expertise in the market and a resurgent Liverpool/Chelsea.

A 4th place finish would represent a decent season in my view - it will be a hell of a battle to get there this year and two of Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Newcastle and Spurs will have to settle for no UCL football next season (even with the 5th place UCL qualification).

Okey

Until this guy does a Kim Min Jae and signs for someone else. Meanwhile, what's stopping us from snapping up Verratti? I hear he's been made available. Might be injury prone these days, but surely that's the level of quality we need in that midfield.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't understand why Liverpool haven't moved for him, or maybe he said no thanks. If we are really interested, we seem to have asked him to sit and be patient all summer. Great, if he only has eyes for us... but could end up moving elsewhere and I couldn't blame him.

Redstain

The spending this season hasn't reflected kicking on to make a move for the league. On paper the squad is of equal quality with no balance to the midfield. The summer signings clearly show this team is aiming for another UCL placement position. I don't think it's ever realistic for United to challenge in two seasons coming from where they was without middle eastern ownership. The best under this current glazer regime is 48 months in my opinion.

Plastic Evra

Wasn't it initially, that he purchase would be dependent on the sale of Fred? Now its Donnie?

That could be a while.
I don't know how consistent it has been but I believe most often than not it was specified contingent on the sale of Fred & vdB. Personally always took it as a major red flag because I'm skeptical vdB can be sold for actual money at all and wasn't expecting much out of the fee for Fred.

croadyman

We all agree that we need a number 8 (and also a backup number 6) but since we already signed Mount, we will not invest in another 8 or 10.

Mc Tominay can't play Casemiro's role, so we need a type of defensive midfielder.

Onana is good, but 50M for him never.
OK so we just do nothing then

croadyman

My overall impression is that he's more of a potential 8 who can also moonlight as 6.
If there's only the possibility of s single signing in midfield this summer we need a profile like that providing at least some cover...
Fecking single midfield signing after last night would be utterly disgraceful but not surprising

Big Ray

Was outstanding in the WC. Totally outshone Rice in the UEFA final. Yet since he doesn’t cost Silly money it’s a poor signing. He’s a very good player who will fit in very well. £25m is excellent biz. If Harry doesn’t leave that may be our biz over and th e squad is a lot stronger than last season for sure and first 11 a mile better.
Exactly this. What are people missing here?! Regarded as best midfielder at the World Cup. I couldn’t believe I’d never heard that much of him after watching his all round brilliance. Watched him after for Fiorentina a few times and as you say he was brilliant in the europa conference final. We need to go back to the double pivot for EVERY game as we don’t have the players for a 3 in midfield. This man ticks every box and slots in perfectly beside Casemiro. We need his mentality and aggression. Mount to the bench or starts when Bruno can’t be arsed doing short simple passes correctly.

croadyman

Exactly this. What are people missing here?! Regarded as best midfielder at the World Cup. I couldn’t believe I’d never heard that much of him after watching his all round brilliance. Watched him after for Fiorentina a few times and as you say he was brilliant in the europa conference final. We need to go back to the double pivot for EVERY game as we don’t have the players for a 3 in midfield. This man ticks every box and slots in perfectly beside Casemiro. We need his mentality and aggression. Mount to the bench or starts when Bruno can’t be arsed doing short simple passes correctly.
What are we hanging about for now?

waza7111

This signing depends on Donny leaving.

The Pavard one depends on Maguire leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.