Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsy13

He can be the worst in that list and still be a strong transfer. So what if he's worse than some top top top players? You've missed the point the poster made.
Let me also add my original point, he’s not any better than what we already have. I’d rather wait on Mainoo, which appeared to be ten Hag’s original plan before his unfortunate injury.

Plastic Evra

I don't disagree with the sentiment but a lot of those examples are from a near yet so far past where those clubs were on a more equal footing financially, the rush to talent wasn't as intense, different regulations, etc...

To pick one : Zidane was at Bordeaux in 1996 but up until that point UEFA teams could only field 3 foreign players. Les Girondins had an historic run to the UEFA Cup final eliminating AC Milan along the way that very year. And besides Zidane was picked up at 20 by FCGB at AS Cannes when now it is common for good prospects to be known and trailed by major clubs at 16-17.

Half the Euro career or so of Batistuta was made in the age where limitations on foreign players were much more drastic. Fiorentina was a contender through Batistuta even if inconsistently so.

La Coruna was a massive force in Spain for the nineties, fielded Bebeto for several seasons, made the podium the year Rivaldo was there. Likewise moved to Europe in 1996 (Bosman decision again).

Last edited:

marcus agrippa

Anyone who thinks he was all that great for Morocco at the world cup probably didnt watch more than 1 of their matches. They had a good 5 players who performed better
Don't know about that.

Anecdote: went out to dinner with some friends recently, and got served by a Moroccan waiter. Struck up a conversation with him about their World Cup, and mentioned several of their players. The second I mentioned Amrabat, he gave me an immediate dap. Certainly this guy thought he was their most important player.

You can cool-story-bro me, but those are facts.

RedOrange

Maybe the worst bit of logic amongst our fans. If a big club is not interested they aren't good. Ridiculous.
What United need to do is only buy players from other big clubs, who several other big clubs are interested in buying and are already established world class players and proven in the PL. Also, they need to be bought for low fees and given reasonable wages. It's so easy, any idiot could do it.

ErikElevenHag

One of the shittest transfer sagas ever.

Nothing juicy to get us unzipping and just full of people who've not really watched him play much on here saying he's shit.

IrishRedDevil

He's not coming here.

'Sofyan Amrabat was omitted from the Fiorentina squad for their 2-2 draw with Lecce on Sunday amid the possibility he could leave and, while United have monitored him, they expect Amrabat to join another club if he does leave.

United have constantly stressed their interest in Amrabat has been overstated in the Italian media and fuelled by his agent Mahmoud El Boustati.'

Tom Van Persie

No relation
According to MEN, Utd interest in amrabat is overstated and unlikely to happen.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...chester-united-transfer-deadline-day-27602754
He's not coming here.

'Sofyan Amrabat was omitted from the Fiorentina squad for their 2-2 draw with Lecce on Sunday amid the possibility he could leave and, while United have monitored him, they expect Amrabat to join another club if he does leave.

United have constantly stressed their interest in Amrabat has been overstated in the Italian media and fuelled by his agent Mahmoud El Boustati.'
Interesting because just yesterday the Telegraph reported this.

Ten Hag had been keen to add another midfielder to his squad before the deadline, with Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat of serious interest.

SATA

Thought so too. He would have been here already if we wanted him, especially after letting Fred go. Do we have another midfielder on our radar? Cos we are running out of time

Baxquux

Thought so too. He would have been here already if we wanted him, especially after letting Fred go. Do we have another midfielder on our radar? Cos we are running out of time
Not if we needed to generate 20m or so for the books first (it's probably paid 10, 5, 5 but whatever). I don't think the club is unequivocally convinced across the board about this transfer, if other media reports are to be believed, but M.E.N. is an erratic source by local/regional media standards. They're a lot more speculative, either way, and with a lower hit rate, although maybe that also has something to do with factions in the recruitment/technical side leaking their own opinions because recruitment structure has been particularly (non)cohesive the last ten years...

parmenio

Surely with the Henderson deal more or less complete we now have the funds to complete this deal? What a mess that we cannot afford a £20m player who makes so much sense squad wise.

Castia

I trust Romano but this one is strange, he’s been pushing this one all summer when many others aren’t.

Feels like a Gaitan link but there must have been contact because Fiorentina have removed him from the squad. Strange one

Plastic Evra

Romano is really sticking with this

Most reports before was "need to sell Fred and DvdB" now it's "Scott + Donny"... :rolleyes: I get it's a tortured way to say the whole thing has to be balanced by transfer revenue, but minor annoyance.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Most reports before was "need to sell Fred and DvdB" now it's "Scott + Donny"... :rolleyes: I get it's a tortured way to say the whole thing has to be balanced by transfer revenue, but minor annoyance.
Its Scott OR Donny. Not Scott + Donny.

SATA

Romano is just feeding what United fans want to hear for clicks. I believe he doesn’t know a thing about this transfer. The UK and United journos have already said we aren’t interested in him or that the interest exists but it’s isn’t that strong as quoted by the Italian media

tomaldinho1

Romano is just feeding what United fans want to hear for clicks. I believe he doesn’t know a thing about this transfer. The UK and United journos have already said we aren’t interested in him or that the interest exists but it’s isn’t that strong as quoted by the Italian media
100% this. Fiorentina are clearly trying to cash in on him after an apparently bad season (a few people on here said this, admittedly I don't watch Fiorentina). There are so many DMs around ad we never seem to get linked seriously to any of them, Casemiro was a bit out of the blue after the FdJ chase, it's bizarre.

Bogga

There has to be something happening with him, I can't see viola leaving him out of training sessions and these last matches unless there was something concrete in the back...

croadyman

Starting to look very much like the Kim rumours where it was all coming from Italy

OrcaFat

Well there’s no sense in attaching particular importance or weight to any of these tweets saying it will happen or it won’t happen. What makes either better than the other?

I don’t put any stock in it.

Romano, Tier 1, is sticking to this being a matter of time/ subject to sales.

Telegraph, Tier 1, says we are interested.

Luckhurst, Tier 2, says it’s unlikely we’ll get him.

Loads of guys = yes

Loads of guys = no

Oranges038

There has to be something happening with him, I can't see viola leaving him out of training sessions and these last matches unless there was something concrete in the back...
Probably end up on a 10year loan deal to Juve, no money up front, no obligation to buy and Fiorentina must pay all his wages, his rent and send him money for petrol.

OrcaFat

Highfather_24

Surely with the Henderson deal more or less complete we now have the funds to complete this deal? What a mess that we cannot afford a £20m player who makes so much sense squad wise.
And we turned down a 30M bid for McTominay, and are now considering loaning him.

SoCross

Don't know about that.

Anecdote: went out to dinner with some friends recently, and got served by a Moroccan waiter. Struck up a conversation with him about their World Cup, and mentioned several of their players. The second I mentioned Amrabat, he gave me an immediate dap. Certainly this guy thought he was their most important player.

You can cool-story-bro me, but those are facts.
What’s a dap?

Status
Not open for further replies.