Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That's not entirely true, they've sanctioned such shit transfers and paid stupid fees/wages to get us in this mess.

Or at least the people they've employed.
Yeah I don’t disagree with that, our transfer dealings of the last few years have been utter shambles and we’ve wasted a ton of money but the reason why aren’t getting Amrabat is definitely not the lack of money in our bank accounts.

We’ve spent north of £150m in this transfer window alone, while recouping virtually nothing.

Giggsyking

That's good but what happens when all of those players return? Do we bench £70m Mount? Does Mainoo go back to the U21s? Early retirement for Eriksen or Casemiro? Like you said, McTominay barely features, wait until we add Mainoo and Amrabat back in to the mix
He should be a bench warmer for Bruno, and knowing Brunos rare injuries, then Mount should only feature in dead rubbers.

ShinjiNinja26

This has absolutely nothing to do with Glazers though.
Of course it does. They are the ones putting clowns like Ed Woodward in positions of power that allow him to burn through money like it’s going out of fashion, making bad signing after bad signing and sanctioning crazy contracts for these players which ultimately affects our ability to sell them for decent fees down the line, which has a direct impact on FFP. Not to mention the Glazers have the final say on all of this and ok’ed it at the time. Now we’re suffering for it right when it seems like we’ve finally got the right manager worth backing.

Litch

This club. They are now searching down the back of the sofa...

hobbers

Fecking hell surely the common sense thing is for him to agree to activate his extension then loan to us with an obligation to buy for £15m or whatever in 2024.

worldinmotion66

He should be a bench warmer for Bruno, and knowing Brunos rare injuries, then Mount should only feature in dead rubbers.
He can play in the same team as Bruno, we just haven’t got it right yet. I prefer Bruno from the right personally

Aint gota Kalou

We simply don't rate him all that much - we can afford more than €2m and the break clause says a lot. We do need bodies so this still may happen though.

Jig1234

John Murtough is good at his job they said...."fixing Woodward's Mess"

Guy just different version of of Woodward just a different kind of incompetence.

Superunknown

Honestly, I can see us making a few similar-ish loan bids for a few other players before the window ends, with other rejections to follow. Don't think the embarrassment is over yet.

This is years of bad business (in and out of the club) coming back to bite us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

John Murtough is good at his job they said...."fixing Woodward's Mess"

Guy just different version of of Woodward just a different kind of incompetence.
Woodward would’ve spent money we don’t have and somehow agreed a 40m deal on the last day of august. I’m not sure which is more harmful :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Honestly, I can see us making a few similar-ish loan bids for a few other players before the window ends, with other rejections to follow. Don't think the embarrassment is over yet.

This is years of bad business (in and out of the club) coming back to bite us.
Yep, and I feel bad that it’s bitten the first competent manager we’ve had for a while on the arse. Think of all the money we’ve thrown away on Maguire, Fred, Matic, Lukaku…

Although in fairness, 80m on Antony is a big reason why we can’t buy this summer. Even so, that’s down to the club.

hobbers

Can always judge how big the shitshow is behind the scenes by how many desperate loan bids are flying about.

Fecking three desperation loans in January (Butland, Wout, Sabitzer) and still at least another two to come this summer. Five shitty loan deals in the space of 8 months.

It makes sense to do the sort of loans that Arsenal did with Raya to defer payment. But not this shit with loan fees for unwanted players and nothing at the end of the loans but more loans.

Dannn411

How about don't sign fecking Cucurella or Bayindir and ride it out with Dalot and Fernandez or whoever else we have in the reserves at LB and give a youth GK a chance as number 2. That's £11m created in a flash. What a clownshow.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I bet we've approached this like the guy who tries to sell me Sky TV every lunch time in Bradford.

Bro listen yeah, I know you want £30m but how about £1m now and £1m later yeah? With Movies AND Sports too bro.

OrcaFat

Happy with this signing if we make it.

His inconsistency esp defensively is a bit of an issue but he does tend to do well against the better teams. For Verona or even last season I thought his best games came against Napoli earlier in the season and the away game at San Siro, pocketed Tonali in that one, another was Juve away. When he is switched on, Amrabat is a very good midfielder which I believe he showed at the WC (Watched them only twice though)
Having to compete with Casemiro and constantly fight for his place should help keep him focused.

Superunknown

Yep, and I feel bad that it’s bitten the first competent manager we’ve had for a while on the arse. Think of all the money we’ve thrown away on Maguire, Fred, Matic, Lukaku…
Yeah, I do feel for him. He's obviously got a list of preferential targets and the higher-ups have either not got those targets, or have paid way over the odds for them. It was the same pre-ETH and it'll be the same after him if these fecking parasites don't piss off.

Funny you mention Lukaku. I thought the club generally did well to move him on quickly and recoup a huge amount of that cost. We spent big on him and then transferred him when it became apparent he wasn't the right fit. I actually wouldn't mind if the club did more of that. 2 years is a good amount of time to judge whether a player is worth sticking with or moving on.

mav_9me

I’m sure we could have done better but if we went out and spent in the January window we would have Gakpo here for 40m odd that doesn’t really fit into the team not 8 months later.
it was a risk but somehow worked out.I’d also say we can use the market better rather than just using it incorrectly.
My point is we went a whole 12 months, two transfer windows without a proper striker ( 18 months if you don't think Cavani was a proper striker for Jan to June 2022)

There's got to be better options than Weghorst on loan, esp when you know the situation way way way in advance, unlike say the Cucarella deal.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Loans are actually quite expensive FFP wise because you can’t amortise the fee over 5 years. 4m for Cucurella and the same for Amrabat would be the equivalent of a 40m fee on a 5 year deal on this years books. Plus the 200k plus wages combined. And we want an attacker on loan too supposedly so I can see why we’re haggling.

OrcaFat

We’ve made a 2m loan bid with a break clause in January meaning we can cancel it and only pay the 1m. I’m still not convinced we want him all that much…
It’s a lot of trouble to go to if we have no interest. It’s more a case that we have no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.