Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas porter

Ten Hag needs his signings to deliver, as there are mixed feeling about the impact of the signings already made. Antony, Malacia, Eriksen, Martinez, Casemiro, Mount. Important that Amrabat succeeds.
Idk understand the skepticism of ETH's signings this season. The reason we got Top 4 last season was how well did in getting our key performers back in form (Shaw, Rashford, Bruno) and imporving the spine of the team with Casemiro, Eriksen, and the Butcher. Its clear he has a vision for how he wants to setup the team and I for one fully support his moves so far in the market.

El-Manos

Ten Hag needs his signings to deliver, as there are mixed feeling about the impact of the signings already made. Antony, Malacia, Eriksen, Martinez, Casemiro, Mount. Important that Amrabat succeeds.
Eriksen Martinez & case have been a success. Mount is too early to tell.

Dve

It too early to tell for the others as well. 60 mill for Casemiro is a lot of money if it turned out we only got half a good season from him. Eriksen was free, but only had half a good season as well. Martinez has been class.

Witchking

Both Eriksen and Casemiro played well for half a season. No way are they are success. Casemiro has sucked big time last season at the start of the season and then took his own sweet time after his red cards to get back into form and has sucked since the carabao cup win. He is again playing like a 50 year old this season. Long way away from being called a success.

Martinez, yes. Was absolute golden last season but not sure of he is going to get back to his best after the injury.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doesn't that come across as a bit desperate? We need someone who is aloof and doesn't show us any love.
Like all our other signings? Want players who are desperate to come and will give us there all.

Fingeredmouse

Both Eriksen and Casemiro played well for half a season. No way are they are success. Casemiro has sucked big time last season at the start of the season and then took his own sweet time after his red cards to get back into form and has sucked since the carabao cup win. He is again playing like a 50 year old this season. Long way away from being called a success.

Martinez, yes. Was absolute golden last season but not sure of he is going to get back to his best after the injury.
Oh, cheer up you fecker or I'm sending Eowyn to sort you out.

brian017

Goodness knows why he loves us so much but fair play. I genuinely hope it works out, he deserves it

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just been watching some vids of him and he’s an absolute machine at winning the ball back. A ball winning midfielder will be perfect alongside Casa and then allow Fernandes to do is thing in front.

MUFC OK

Legend already. Get him in.
Deserves a huge welcome if he joins. To be fair United fans take well to players who get stuck in so could see him quickly becoming a fan favourite.

He would add much needed steel and protection, especially for games away at the likes of City, Liverpool and Bayern.

Abraxas

I'd imagine it's fairly explainable why he's willing to wait. We're by far the biggest club in for him, that will offer him the most money. Pretty simple sporting and financial decision. If there were half a dozen big clubs in the mix then obviously his and our strategy would have been different.

Robaldo

Hope he does well if he comes; going into the season with Casemiro from the last month's performances would be a major risk.

Not fair on Amrabat but this does all feel a bit Woodward-esque.

Gupz

Dunno maybe it's because we're amongst the greatest, most storied and prestigious clubs of all time?
I think it is more because his team over exegerated the interests of big clubs that were fancy to sign him. United seems to be the only big club left. And to save face it’s United or nothing… Would be an embaresment for him if he would end up signing for the likes as Fulham after being “linked” with elite clubs

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
United are shopping at the Europa League level. That is the reality.

Bellingham, Rice, Enzo Fernandez, Caicedo - United could never have done any of those deals. We weren't even in with a sniff.
We had a sniff alright, but not the sweet smell of success. The worst part is that pungent stench is us. Rotten to the core, ravaged by Glazer fungus.

Theonas

Scout
I'm finding this whole thing depressing.

I dont even think Amrabat is that good. A decent Europa League standard player that fills out the squad and makes us a bit more tactically flexible and resilient. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. But he's not raising our levels at all.

And while we're scrambling about trying to get him on the cheap, City have got Nunes, Arsenal got Rice, Chelsea got Caicedo and Lavia, Liverpool got Mac Allister and Szob (and probably Gravenberch). We're actually going to be worse in midfield comparatively than last year. And that's the best case scenario assuming we do actually get Amrabat.
When did Nunes become a world class player? I never heard anybody linked to him and the first time his name has been mentioned on here is when City showed interest. The reaction is largely how Pep should be trusted because he did similar things with the likes of Aké and Akanji. Lavia had one decent season as a young prospect and when has Szoboszlai been the envy of world elite before we heard Liverpool bought him? Bayern had Gravenberch for a year now and just don't want him. They're happy to swap him for Palhinha for goodness sake. It wouldn't surprised me if any of these players turned out great successes but you can't argue they arrive as establish game raisers for an elite team. We probably should stop over relying on individuals to raise our level single handedly anyway because we tried that so many times and look at the likes of Liverpool who bought the likes of Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane and Firmino who were nothing but solid "Europa League" performers before they joined and developed with them.

lilcurt

Probably because the club have been my focus/hobby/passion for 30 years of my life.

Is it irrational? Certainly. But sadly it is what it is.

I'm sure many of us feel crap after a bad result, but that's football. You can win, lose or draw.

The way the club is run, the ownership, the board... That is different. We literally have people in the highest of levels who aren't there because of any care, drive or passion they have for the club, nor do they have what is best for the football club as their primary focus. It should be criminal to do what the Glazers have done to this club.

evil_geko

Just been watching some vids of him and he’s an absolute machine at winning the ball back. A ball winning midfielder will be perfect alongside Casa and then allow Fernandes to do is thing in front.
If Casemiro continues to play like he was recently, Amrabat might even bench him, not play alongside him.

hobbers

Murtough and co are completely inept so good chance this will fall through.

With the Henderson deal, saving a few million on Reguilon, little bit from Mengi and the other penny pinching measures there's definitely enough to do a reasonable loan fee + obligation to buy deal.

Why we left it until the last 24 hours and why we didnt accept a good bid for McTominay who clearly has no part in Erik's plans, well that's more mistakes for Murtough's eventual successor to learn from.

meninred

If this deal falls through..fans should request the removal of Arnlod and Murtough for incompetency. I dont know why fans demonstrate against the Glazers only.

marktan

Is this guy any good? Watching complications of a DM / box to box probably doesn't tell me much. I know he had a good world cup but no big team is interested in him?

croadyman

Think it probably will get sorted in the end,however not having it done in time for Sunday is just a total shambles. I wanted Amrabat debut against Arsenal. Instead he will have to wait it out until Brighton after international break

Status
Not open for further replies.