Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

This season's Weghorst. Bet you were delighted with him
Weghorst was an unfortunate necessity given Ronaldo's petulance and attack on the club, this seems a normal signing because we want a CM? Or is there something I am missing that you can fill me in on given your reply (and I don't think you were even the quoted poster) gives the impression you are hammering the keyboard through bleary, tear soaked eyes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So hang on, he's in the last year of his deal and we're getting him on loan for €10m after which we could sign him on a free...and we're quibbling about it? Am I missing something because it sounds like a bargain to me!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
United don’t want him, its all made up by Italian press or something…

Ekeke

Weghorst was an unfortunate necessity given Ronaldo's petulance and attack on the club, this seems a normal signing because we want a CM? Or is there something I am missing that you can fill me in on given your reply (and I don't think you were even the quoted poster) gives the impression you are hammering the keyboard through bleary, tear soaked eyes.
Just someone who has actually watched him play for Fiorentina, I know its a rarity in these parts. He's no better than McTom and Fred which arent good enough for competition. The only reason he would be filling a space is because Fred is gone and McTom decides he wants to play every week so we sell him. And the manager doesnt rate Hannibal or Gore to do the job. Which would be damning for them and I'd imagine Hannibal goes too

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So hang on, he's in the last year of his deal and we're getting him on loan for €10m after which we could sign him on a free...and we're quibbling about it? Am I missing something because it sounds like a bargain to me!
They've got some kind of extension in his contract they can trigger apparently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really????? Get the feck in. Annoyed we waited so long but delighted to get it over the line if true.

Kingslayer18

I hope this is not a permanent deal. He's a fairly average player who had an outstanding world cup, he's not even in the top 10 midfielders in Italy. There's a reason all the top 6 teams , the UK, Spain and even in Italy are not after him despite having a low fee. Liverpool, who had a huge hole at no 6, passed over him and so did Bayern. He is not going to take us closer to the top teams and will essentially be a squad filler. I'd rather it just be a loan fee and we focus next summer on getting a press resistant, dribbling, athletic midfielder,

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I hope this is not a permanent deal. He's a fairly average player who had an outstanding world cup, he's not even in the top 10 midfielders in Italy. There's a reason all the top 6 teams , the UK, Spain and even in Italy are not after him despite having a low fee. Liverpool, who had a huge hole at no 6, passed over him and so did Bayern. He is not going to take us closer to the top teams and will essentially be a squad filler. I'd rather it just be a loan fee and we focus next summer on getting a press resistant, dribbling, athletic midfielder,
Our midfield isn't even top 10 standard so it's an improvement.

Dannn411

Very happy about this deal. At least something to brighten my mood this weekend.

Redstain

Loan is an excellent move hopefully with no obligation but a fee so if he fails to deliver he's not added to the list of players that need to be shown the door.

This is not necessarily the best player United have purchased this window but it's the best piece of business, I'll give the handlers credit for this agreement.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Actually excited with this one. I think he's the player United needs to balance the midfield. Good signing.

MyBloodIsRed

Finally! It’s clear that there were other priorities. Just shocks me that we have to wait until the very end of the window to make this happen.

evil_geko

Will people stop repeating this?! There are tons of examples where player was brought for small fee and exploded while no other big club was interested, this mean literally nothing. The fecking misery on this forum about everything, bloody hell!

Mike Smalling

I'm gonna go overboard here and say that this is a potentially season altering signing, in that we add another quality holding midfielder, which simultaneously means we won't have to run Casemiro into the ground.

tomaldinho1

Just someone who has actually watched him play for Fiorentina, I know its a rarity in these parts. He's no better than McTom and Fred which arent good enough for competition. The only reason he would be filling a space is because Fred is gone and McTom decides he wants to play every week so we sell him. And the manager doesnt rate Hannibal or Gore to do the job. Which would be damning for them and I'd imagine Hannibal goes too
He plays a different role to both of them though? I haven't seen him at all really, I have no idea if he's good or crap but if he can positionally play the role it's pointless to compare him to McT or Fred or any of our midfielders bar Casemiro. Hardly damning if a manager doesn't want to risk playing academy products, we are a CL club and are aiming to have that standard of player starting for us, I'd be surprised if there are many 20 year olds at that level even with all our woes.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is a better passer than Fred with same level of energy. McT is an interesting comparison but I think they would complement each other very well.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Loan is an excellent move hopefully with no obligation but a fee so if he fails to deliver he's not added to the list of players that need to be shown the door.
Pretty sure there's obligation to buy. I don't think Fiorentina would accept a loan offer with his contract situation without an obligation to buy guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.