Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Serious whiff of “Manchester United can confirm that the club has reached agreement with Valencia for the loan of Sofyan Amrabat for the 2024/2025 season. The agreement is subject to personal terms, visa requirements and a medical and will contain the option for the move to be made permanent. The club wishes to place on record its appreciation of Sofyan’s efforts in his time at the club and wish him the best for the coming season” off this fella.

Dobba

Serie A is shit and we're potentially signing someone from it for 30m. The club is a joke.

Unless we're talking about Kim Min-Jae in which case Serie A is the hardest league in the world and anyone who plays in it would improve us immeasurably and make 30m look like a bargain.

IrishRedDevil

Serious whiff of “Manchester United can confirm that the club has reached agreement with Valencia for the loan of Sofyan Amrabat for the 2024/2025 season. The agreement is subject to personal terms, visa requirements and a medical and will contain the option for the move to be made permanent. The club wishes to place on record its appreciation of Sofyan’s efforts in his time at the club and wish him the best for the coming season” off this fella.
So we are going to buy him and loan him out straight away?

You silly sausage.

The_Midfielder

I hope he's great. Statistically, he looks good. I'm still slightly concerned that other top teams didn't seem to be looking at him and he's relatively cheap.
Wasn't that the case for Bruno too.
Hope he is as successful as Bruno

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Basing on who or what?
Its just s tweet, strange to be so worked up about it.
It's just a bit cringeworthy, along with fans spamming social media with desperate pleas for us to sign him. It's like we're desperate for people to believe we've signed a world class player - let's just wait and see how it goes because he's not yet proven to be that level.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I hope he's great. Statistically, he looks good. I'm still slightly concerned that other top teams didn't seem to be looking at him and he's relatively cheap.
Think it was pretty clear he was holding out for us

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Very happy we got a player like him for a reasonable price and seemed like he only wanted us.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not really.

Good players can go under the radar.

Palhinha went to Fulham and now Bayern
Nunes Wolves now City

Bit short sighted to judge all players the way you suggest
You need more Sporting players.

Sorry about Rojo though.

Real Name

Time to change to title of the thread but watch it, it should the one at which rival fans wont laugh at.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not really.

Good players can go under the radar.

Palhinha went to Fulham and now Bayern
Nunes Wolves now City

Bit short sighted to judge all players the way you suggest
Both those players were well known - even on RedCafe. The fact bigger clubs didn't take a punt is a different matter.

But Statman Dave thinks he's one of the best in the world at the age of 27 years old, playing for Fiorentina....you think a player genuinely at that level is playing for Fiorentina, Hellas Verona, Utrecht, Club Brugge? I'm fairly in the 'wait and see' camp, but given we spent a shit load on Mount, I'm guessing he'll be a bench player and a tactical player for bigger fixtures.

MUFC OK

Makes you wonder why Real didn't save a load of money and sign him instead of Bellingham if he's that good.
Not every player has to be world class. Completely different to Bellingham but we need his attributes in midfield - former set up was making Casemiro look bad.

Ekeke

He is a better passer than Fred with same level of energy. McT is an interesting comparison but I think they would complement each other very well.
Fred is just as good a passer, maybe more creative as well. But he is so inconsistent, one moment he makes a nice pass into the forward and the next he cant manage a 5 yard pass to a teammate and finds an opponent. So I think we can say Amrabat is likely to be a bit more reliable and predictable but Fred was capable of the big switch passes too which is the main thing Amrabat has.

TheReligion

Abusive
Both those players were well known - even on RedCafe. The fact bigger clubs didn't take a punt is a different matter.

But Statman Dave thinks he's one of the best in the world at the age of 27 years old, playing for Fiorentina....you think a player genuinely at that level is playing for Fiorentina, Hellas Verona, Utrecht, Club Brugge? I'm fairly in the 'wait and see' camp, but given we spent a shit load on Mount, I'm guessing he'll be a bench player and a tactical player for bigger fixtures.
I’m not sure of your point?

No one has taken a punt on Amrabat until now much like Paulinha, Nunes, even Bruno.

Not really how you judge a player is it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fred is just as good a passer, maybe more creative as well. But he is so inconsistent, one moment he makes a nice pass into the forward and the next he cant manage a 5 yard pass to a teammate and finds an opponent. So I think we can say Amrabat is likely to be a bit more reliable and predictable but Fred was capable of the big switch passes too which is the main thing Amrabat has.
You will be surprised to see the difference in the passing between Fred and this guy.

dasty

On this forum, Serie A is considered a shit league because Smalling did well there. Bundesliga is considered a shit league because Sancho/Mkhitaryan did well there. Ligue 1 is considered a shit league because they are French. La Liga is considered a shit league with only 3 good teams, so any player outside of them are shit. Portugal is a farmer's league (the popular opinion when we were signing Bruno), same for Holland (popular opinion every time we are linked to any Eredivisie player).

So the general consensus amongst this forum is that we should only sign players from PL, mainly because that is the only league they watch and have some knowledge of. :lol:

Real Name

It's just a bit cringeworthy, along with fans spamming social media with desperate pleas for us to sign him. It's like we're desperate for people to believe we've signed a world class player - let's just wait and see how it goes because he's not yet proven to be that level.
Well the best thing to do is not to read what the fans on social media are writing cause its a cesspool.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
On this forum, Serie A is considered a shit league because Smalling did well there. Bundesliga is considered a shit league because Sancho/Mkhitaryan did well there. Ligue 1 is considered a shit league because they are French. La Liga is considered a shit league with only 3 good teams, so any player outside of them are shit. Portugal is a farmer's league (the popular opinion when we were signing Bruno), same for Holland (popular opinion every time we are linked to any Eredivisie player).

So the general consensus amongst this forum is that we should only sign players from PL, mainly because that is the only league they watch and have some knowledge of. :lol:
And then we do that. "Brexit FC mate, stupid club, look at all these bargains from other leagues"

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
So how did Matt Hargreaves do in rock, paper, scissors?

Ekeke

He plays a different role to both of them though? I haven't seen him at all really, I have no idea if he's good or crap but if he can positionally play the role it's pointless to compare him to McT or Fred or any of our midfielders bar Casemiro. Hardly damning if a manager doesn't want to risk playing academy products, we are a CL club and are aiming to have that standard of player starting for us, I'd be surprised if there are many 20 year olds at that level even with all our woes.
He plays the same position as Fred and McTom did for us as the 2 Dms but his strength is his passing so that makes him a bit more like Eriksen who is also deployed in the same role. He's not as creative or a threat going forward like Eriksen at his best/prime though. He's just a ball retainer who can switch the ball from one side of the pitch to the other. A very basic skeleton version of Eriksen's game. I dont think he'd get on Arsenal's bench even because he's worse at it than Jorginho

ErikElevenHag

Here we go.

Happy with the signing and has a profile of player missing from our squad currently.

Case and amrabat has the makings of a destructive double pivot for the big aways.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
what do I know?

Players I wasn’t excited about at all that turned out really good : Martinez, Casemiro (due to age and wages more than anything) Varane (ditto but always injured)

Players I was really excited about and they haven’t delivered yet : Sancho, Antony, Malacia.

Everyone wanted Ronaldo and Sanchez and I could tell they were a busted flush and going to be bad for overall morale once the hype died down.

I think Onana Mount and Rasmus will all at least be solid this season and have levels to go up. We can’t ask for more than they work their asses off and stay professional.

This guy is a steely NT captain but uninspiring to me in the same way Martinez was. Managers project player bla bla bla. Martinez leaves it all out there and is a really good honest gutsy player. If this guy is more of the same I’ll be delighted. I loved Fred but he wasn’t strong enough to always fully trust on the ball to make a run with full conviction that he won’t get turned over behind you. McT will just pass it back, hide beside someone or give it straight back to the opposition. We need more steel industry aggression and basically any decent cover in the centre. I’m quite looking forward to seeing how he does. I think he’ll quickly become a fan favourite due to his no nonsense approach.

joedirt87

No, I've already seen plenty of him. Theres going to be people claiming we shouldnt have let Fred leave
That's already happened after watching our midfield part like the red sea the first two games. I am happy to get Amrabat in. He profiles like a player that could be really useful in this team at multiple roles. He could also suck and not play that much in which case the club paid 8.5 million pound for a emergency backup option for a season.

Ibrahimorich

Apparently we're paying £8m loan then another £21m as an option. The press led us to believe he was available for 25m Euros though... Have we mugged ourselves off again?

JediSith

It is Seria A tbf
Smalling was doing decent there, having an impressive record in Italy means feck all
Serie A has been on the rise in recent years. Just look at all the European competitions last year. Especially the CL. Even the final the so-called underdogs gave City a better match than any prem team I saw last year.

This comment reminds me of when United played Madrid in 99/00. Shows a complete lack an awareness to what’s going on in other leagues.

Ekeke

That's already happened after watching our midfield part like the red sea the first two games.
Well yes, but clearly signing a new midfielder is supposed to improve us. So if we do and people still think we shouldnt have got rid of Fred, thats going to be damning

Real Name

Luka Modrić played his trade in Croatian and Bosnian league. Imagine what they think of those leagues then.

Apparently there is life outside of PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.