Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

I dont disagree, but that doesnt mean Amrabat does
Im happy to try something new because, as the saying goes, repeating the same mistake and expecting something different is bat shit crazy...something like that anyway

Ekeke

Im happy to try something new because, as the saying goes, repeating the same mistake and expecting something different is bat shit crazy...something like that anyway
I think this is the repeat. Sign an average player that ten haag knows from the netherlands on loan. Like with Weghorst. Sign someone average like Fred was. There were plenty of players who look better than the tired Fred and McTom chances, we just didnt pick one. We signed a different type of player in Mount and now we're taking an average midfielder to fill a gap, rather than improving an area that needed improvement

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Good move for us and the player. Not saying he will be a hit, but certainly has some great passing attributes and can dictate the tempo well

croadyman

I think this is the repeat. Sign an average player that ten haag knows from the netherlands on loan. Like with Weghorst. Sign someone average like Fred was. There were plenty of players who look better than the tired Fred and McTom chances, we just didnt pick one. We signed a different type of player in Mount and now we're taking an average midfielder to fill a gap, rather than improving an area that needed improvement
I get the annoyance at Reguilon but come on let's at least give this guy a chance before completely writing him off already. He deserves that after all the clubs he has rejected because only wanted the Utd move since the start of year

Witchking

Bayindir, Reguilon and Højlund are all in the match day squad for Sunday.
My apologies. Said it wrong, but meant to say, we may be able to see them all guns firing post the break.

Anyway doubt any of the 3 would start such a high profile game away from home.

Bayindir may see some time during the AFCON tournament when Onana is away.

Hojlund may come in around 70 minutes for a rescue mission if we are a goal or 2 behind probably.

Dorris

The fact it’s a 10m loan fee shows what bollocks this “restrained by FFP” is. In accounting terms it’d have been cheaper to buy him in this years accounts by about 5m. It’s the Glazers refusing to spend.

mav_9me

The fact it’s a 10m loan fee shows what bollocks this “restrained by FFP” is. In accounting terms it’d have been cheaper to buy him forin this years accounts by about 5m. It’s the Glazers refusing to spend.
Excellent point

TheReligion

Abusive
A defensive beast for sure
Big upgrade on McFred
He’s been class the whole tournament.
Seems like ideal pair stylistically. The guy makes runs and excellent under pressure. Upgrade of Eriksen in terms of physicality and mobility.
Yeah that valuation will no longer be valid. Double it at least and I see him getting a big move now
One of the standout players in this world cup. He's really impressed me.

26 years is relatively young for a DM/CM, so he's 100% getting picked up big a big team soon.
Could do, and then it would be Bruno or Eriksen for the last spot in the middle.

Having those 4 plus McTominay for 3 positions would be pretty strong.

Fred the obvious one to cut loose.
Can performce well under pressure
Just get him or pump his price tag to chase Liverpool away
I'll stick my neck out and say in 2/3 years time he'll be regarded as one of the best DM's in the world.
Jeez he's only 26.
We've got casemiro now but I don't you could go wrong by taking a punt on the lad.
comments from last year.

happy everyone?

reddev3

We've known he was £30m for 3 months, it took us this long to get the deal in place instead of giving him a preseason with us.
.Amrabat is a player who has been desperate to leave all summer and available for about £17 million who we have signed on a deadline day loan due to having a midfield crisis and being skint.
We've basically paid an extra €10m in total to comply with FFP for this year, because we couldn't raise enough cash through player sales to match Fiorentina's €25m asking price.
I love how everybody knows Fioretina's business but all have completely different "facts".

NLunited

Amrabat is great, outplayed Rice who cost £105m.

Top level passer and press-resistant.

tjb

We've had an exceptional transfer window particularly given the FFP situation we had to deal with.

We signed players early and had enough time to pivot and make late additions which were forced due to injuries. We have cover for Casemiro now, with Mainoo, Mount and Amrabat also competing for the spot next to Casemiro and Bruno. We have a new striker, whilst still having Martial as a back up. We kept Pellestri, Amad and Sancho to compete with Antony for the slot on the right hand side. We even managed to get a temporarily left back to cover both of our injured left backs so Dalot can compete with AWB. We replaced DDG with a capable keeper too. All this was done whilst sticking to a strict budget.

We no longer will see Fred or Mctominay in midfield. The honest truth is fans need to give the new signings some time to embed. The play in key positions which is why we signed them in the first place. The only reason anyone has complained about this window has been due to the new players not settling in quickly enough. Mount hasn't even had a chance to show ETH's plan, Hojlund has been injured and Onana has just been unlucky. But we filled what was needed. Eriksen literally is covering Mount( depth), Martial is covering Hojlund( depth).

My only concern is Varane. That's always hard to truly plan for. CB's play almost all games that aren't throwaways. How do you plan for an excellent defender that's injury prone. Do you sign an expensive quality defender and risk a disgruntled team or do you keep a solid defender in the squad who can fill in when needed ( lindelof, backed up by Maguire). I think we took the right approach, but the question is, how solid is Lindelof

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is he someone that will dictate play for us and can play long passes to switch play?

Gopher Brown

Looks like he's going to be suspended most weeks looking at how he dives into the tackles.

Hopefully Casemiro won't do that as much any more cos he's bad at it.

Kingslayer18

Who are top 10 midfielders in Serie A since you pretend to know?
Adrien Rabiot
Barella
Piotr Zelinski
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Ismael Bennacer
Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
Stanislav Lobotka
Luis Alberto
Teun koopmeiners
Lorenzo Pellegini
hakan Calhanoglu

Done

Cloud7

I have a good feeling about this one. Looking forward to seeing him play

TheReligion

Abusive
Nunes and Paulinha were highly rated players who went for £30-40 million on permanent transfers. Amrabat is a player who has been desperate to leave all summer and available for about £17 million who we have signed on a deadline day loan due to having a midfield crisis and being skint. They aren't really comparable deals. I think the reaction would have been a bit more positive had Amrabat been United's first choice and we'd signed him permanently in June when it became clear he was available.

I think the frustration of a lot of United fans is that once again, the deal shows a lack of forward planning. It was obvious for months that we would need a midfielder since Ten Haag clearly doesn't trust/want Fred or McTominay and Casemiro can't play every week. We've sat out as the likes of Caicedo, Rice, Lavia, Baleba, Kovacic, MacAllister, Tonali, Prowse, Endo, Nunes, Gravenberch, Palhinha etc join other clubs. That's fine if we have another plan, but the fact that we've ended up paying 10 million euros on deadline day to take Amrabat on loan for a year has the same tones of desperation and panic that have been too common to post-Ferguson United recruitment.
I’m going to be honest and totally disagree with all of that.

Amrabat has been waiting for United since June and he’s clearly been a top target for us. The issue has been our finances and priorities in terms of spend.

I don’t think you’re well versed on what’s going on at the club this summer if I’m honest.

NYAS

Adrien Rabiot
Barella
Piotr Zelinski
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Ismael Bennacer
Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
Stanislav Lobotka
Luis Alberto
Teun koopmeiners
Lorenzo Pellegini
hakan Calhanoglu

Done
Since you’re adding players who currently play in Saudi Arabia, why not add Casemiro and Frenkie de Jong while you’re at it?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We've had an exceptional transfer window particularly given the FFP situation we had to deal with.

We signed players early and had enough time to pivot and make late additions which were forced due to injuries. We have cover for Casemiro now, with Mainoo, Mount and Amrabat also competing for the spot next to Casemiro and Bruno. We have a new striker, whilst still having Martial as a back up. We kept Pellestri, Amad and Sancho to compete with Antony for the slot on the right hand side. We even managed to get a temporarily left back to cover both of our injured left backs so Dalot can compete with AWB. We replaced DDG with a capable keeper too. All this was done whilst sticking to a strict budget.

We no longer will see Fred or Mctominay in midfield. The honest truth is fans need to give the new signings some time to embed. The play in key positions which is why we signed them in the first place. The only reason anyone has complained about this window has been due to the new players not settling in quickly enough. Mount hasn't even had a chance to show ETH's plan, Hojlund has been injured and Onana has just been unlucky. But we filled what was needed. Eriksen literally is covering Mount( depth), Martial is covering Hojlund( depth).

My only concern is Varane. That's always hard to truly plan for. CB's play almost all games that aren't throwaways. How do you plan for an excellent defender that's injury prone. Do you sign an expensive quality defender and risk a disgruntled team or do you keep a solid defender in the squad who can fill in when needed ( lindelof, backed up by Maguire). I think we took the right approach, but the question is, how solid is Lindelof
Nice post, agreed

RuudTom83

Looks like he's going to be suspended most weeks looking at how he dives into the tackles.

Hopefully Casemiro won't do that as much any more cos he's bad at it.
Imagine the the sliding tackles in training! him and AWB will have to have a "sliding tackle battle" just to decide who is king.

Tibs

Him and Casemiro bossing midfield will make us look like a different team

Kingslayer18

Could, should, would, every single transfer is a risk, doesn't mean we should be constantly miserable and only look at negatives all the frecking time.
Clearly we should when we end up paying 100m for the likes of Antony. There were better midfielders we could have got. Like i said, if it's a loan for a year, I'm happy with that. If it's a permanent deal, then he's going to be a warm body that we're looking to upgrade in a year or two. I don't think he improves the overall squad or is a long term solution.

ThorLoother

The fact it’s a 10m loan fee shows what bollocks this “restrained by FFP” is. In accounting terms it’d have been cheaper to buy him in this years accounts by about 5m. It’s the Glazers refusing to spend.
As there's an option to buy, if we take up that option, the loan fee can be added to the agreed transfer fee and amortised over the length of the player's contract. So it'd still work out at around €5M in this year's accounts (assuming 4-5yr contract is agreed). In fact, they don't even need to wait until taking up the option, they just need to decide whether they're "reasonably certain" to do so or not. If we don't take up the option, then it'll be the whole €10M loan fee going down as a cost for this year.

I suppose, this way, it keeps options open so they can account it as a ~€5M cost right up until pulling the plug on a permanent transfer.

Infra-red

Or United not having any cash, which may be the bigger problem.

Winrar

I’ve almost given up on this one expecting him to be the next Thiago.

Glad to see this one over the line.

Hopefully this all goes through. Should have gone through before Mount, alongside Onana and Hojlund he will be a key signing for us. Even if he turns out to be a bit shit at least he's playing in the right position.

Status
Not open for further replies.