Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer18

I don't think there was any doubt behind the scenes we wouldn't get this deal over the line, so of course he'd be happy to refuse offers if he wanted to come to us.
We waited to deadline day and even then, it looks like a loan deal with no obligation. He was taking a risk if he refused any other offers, which I don't think happened. Both Atletico and Liverpool gave him the swerve

Infra-red

Looks like he's going to be suspended most weeks looking at how he dives into the tackles.

Hopefully Casemiro won't do that as much any more cos he's bad at it.
Amrabat committed the most fouls of any Serie A player last season (average 1.9 per game) so it is something he'll need to work on.

Lebowski

I’m going to be honest and totally disagree with all of that.

Amrabat has been waiting for United since June and he’s clearly been a top target for us. The issue has been our finances and priorities in terms of spend.

I don’t think you’re well versed on what’s going on at the club this summer if I’m honest.
You're entitled to your opinion and obviously I hope he goes on to have a great season for us despite it looking like a deadline day desperation deal.

Put it this way though, if he was a top target for us since June, then don't you wish the club had got him in on a permanent deal months ago rather than paying £10m on deadline day to get him on loan?

It was widely reported that Forest had a bid of £17m accepted for him a few days ago - wouldn't it have made more sense to pay the extra £7 million and buy him on a permanent deal weeks earlier so he's ready for the start of the season?

Dorris

Or United not having any cash, which may be the bigger problem.
Well exactly, maybe it’s time they propped up the cash side of things, like every other Premier League club owner does.

It’s just infuriating they’ve managed to make this FFP line stick, it’s clearly a load of horse shit. We’ve sold about 50m of home grown talent this year, if we fail FFP after doing that and only spending 175m we’re in serious trouble.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Well exactly, maybe it’s time they propped up the cash side of things, like every other Premier League club owner does.

It’s just infuriating they’ve managed to make this FFP line stick, it’s clearly a load of horse shit. We’ve sold about 50m of home grown talent this year, if we fail FFP after doing that and only spending 175m we’re in serious trouble.
Yes im sick of hearing the FFP line form the club too. The only silver lining is that maybe the Glazers are being even tighter than usual as they are about to sell up.

OverratedOpinion

Adrien Rabiot
Barella
Piotr Zelinski
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Ismael Bennacer
Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
Stanislav Lobotka
Luis Alberto
Teun koopmeiners
Lorenzo Pellegini
hakan Calhanoglu
Amazing that you find the time to watch Napoli, Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Atalanta and Juve enough to have the foggiest what you are talking about whilst also keeping up with Utd games.

Gandalf

You're entitled to your opinion and obviously I hope he goes on to have a great season for us despite it looking like a deadline day desperation deal.

Put it this way though, if he was a top target for us since June, then don't you wish the club had got him in on a permanent deal months ago rather than paying £10m on deadline day to get him on loan?

It was widely reported that Forest had a bid of £17m accepted for him a few days ago - wouldn't it have made more sense to pay the extra £7 million and buy him on a permanent deal weeks earlier so he's ready for the start of the season?
It was reported by one source and not a particularly reliable one, the local beat writers for Forest like Bailey said there was nothing in it and considering they were in the middle of negotiating for Sangare who they have today signed I think it was total bs. The valuation mentioned in almost all reporting this summer has been around 30M Euro and guess what, we are paying a 10M Euro fee with an option to buy for a further 20M Euro. The structure might be odd but it is what it is and either way we are getting a player at a position of need for a relatively low fee. The moaning and negativity in this thread is ridiculous.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Delighted with this. We needed desperately soneone like him.
But why is 10 mil loan fee? Avoiding FFP with that?

zaafi

Adrien Rabiot
Barella
Piotr Zelinski
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Ismael Bennacer
Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
Stanislav Lobotka
Luis Alberto
Teun koopmeiners
Lorenzo Pellegini
hakan Calhanoglu

Done
Did you just google "best Serie A midfielders?"

The only player that is surely better from that list is Barella and probably Bennacer. The rest are either vastly different midfielders from Amrabat, same level or worse.

Milinkovic-Savic doesn't play in Serie A any longer.
Zambo Anguissa, the Fulham reject? I mean, he failed in PL and was good in Serie A. Let's see how Amrabat plays in PL before you assume a Fulham failure is better.
Luis Alberto is a CAM, so it would be like comparing Bruno to Amrabat.
Rabiot have got no where near Amrabat's passing stats, but is better in other areas.
Calhanoglu is also way more offensive-minded.
Zielinski, Lobotka, Koopmeiners, Pellegrini? What makes them better than Amrabat?

If you're going to list a bunch of random CAMs or players that aren't even better, it just shows you really don't know Serie A, but I already knew that from your first post.

nmm85

He will.

Only thing that is a typical Man Utd thing is that we’ve made him £10m more expensive. He was available for £25m straight transfer. If Romano is right we’ve signed him on loan for £10m with £25m buy option.
We don't have the money to buy him. It's a loan so it will be more expensive just like when getting a mortgage, you pay so much more than buying outright.

ThorLoother

Only thing that is a typical Man Utd thing is that we’ve made him £10m more expensive. He was available for £25m straight transfer. If Romano is right we’ve signed him on loan for £10m with £25m buy option.
It's been reported as €10M loan fee and €20M option, so €30M overall or £25.7M. He's not been made more expensive at all, but we do have the option of saving €20M if he turns out to be a bit rubbish.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Amazing that you find the time to watch Napoli, Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Atalanta and Juve enough to have the foggiest what you are talking about whilst also keeping up with Utd games.
It's not that amazing. I used to watch around a dozen of games per week, if your main entertainment is Football then you can watch a lot of teams regularly.

OverratedOpinion

It's not that amazing. I used to watch around a dozen of games per week, if your main entertainment is Football then you can watch a lot of teams regularly.
Maybe you did, I tend to think a lot of people will say things like that based on a google search and wanting to be right about something.

zaafi

He just listed the exact list of players that show up when you google "Serie A best midfielders" and even included Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from that search, despite him not playing him there any more. He is full of bullshit, and it's clear as day.

JPRouve

Scout
Maybe you did, I tend to think a lot of people will say things like that based on a google search and wanting to be right about something.
The list makes little sense so you can assume that it's not based on watching these players. But the point that you made is not really accurate because watching every United games will take you 90 to 180 minutes every weeks, most football consumption is likely to not be United.

OverratedOpinion

He just listed the exact list of players that show up when you google "Serie A best midfielders" and even included Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from that search, despite him not playing him there any more. He is full of bullshit, and it's clear as day.
I didn't even realise that, it is literally the exact list in the same order :lol::lol:

JPRouve

Scout
That's beside the point I made. Watching all these teams is perfectly possible, it's a bad argument and it would have made more sense to simply disagree with the list.

Its all gone Shane Long

About bloody time, this will bring good depth to our midfield and a Case replacement, even the two of them together in tougher games.

zaafi

That's beside the point I made. Watching all these teams is perfectly possible, it's a bad argument and it would have made more sense to simply disagree with the list.
It absolutely is possible, although unlikely to follow all of these teams consistently to make that kind of list, when most of them play at the same time.

George Beast

Seen comps so I’m obviously an expert but anyone else getting Bruno vibes? Obviously very different players but in terms of passion, commitment and energy he’ll bring every game, almost feels like the defensive version of Bruno

Ricardo de la Vega

To be fair I think there are a few of us who do actually watch about one Serie a game a week at least

OverratedOpinion

The list makes little sense so you can assume that it's not based on watching these players. But the point that you made is not really accurate because watching every United games will take you 90 to 180 minutes every weeks, most football consumption is likely to not be United.
I am sure people watch lots of football. I am also sure that a bunch of people on football forums pretend to have a higher knowledge of specific players or leagues to win arguments. I just find it annoying and would rather people were more honest and comfortable saying they don't know something as it would make these type of conversations drastically more productive.

JPRouve

Scout
It absolutely is possible, although unlikely to follow all of these teams consistently to make that kind of list, when most of them play at the same time.
That's only the case if you don't know how to find games. Otherwise some of us are able to watch and rewatch nearly any game in the main leagues. :angel:

zaafi

That's only the case if you don't know how to find games. Otherwise some of us are able to watch and rewatch nearly any game in the main leagues. :angel:
People rewatch games of Fiorentina, Napoli, Inter Milan, Juventus, Atalanta and AC Milan weekly? Yeah right :p

JPRouve

Scout
I am sure people watch lots of football. I am also sure that a bunch of people on football forums pretend to have a higher knowledge of specific players or leagues to win arguments. I just find it annoying and would rather people were more honest and comfortable saying they don't know something as it would make these type of conversations drastically more productive.
In theory I agree with you but this applies to you, unless you watched these players how can you judge someone else's opinion/list? It's also annoying when someone assumes or declare that because they don't watch or know something no one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.