Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

It was reported by one source and not a particularly reliable one, the local beat writers for Forest like Bailey said there was nothing in it and considering they were in the middle of negotiating for Sangare who they have today signed I think it was total bs. The valuation mentioned in almost all reporting this summer has been around 30M Euro and guess what, we are paying a 10M Euro fee with an option to buy for a further 20M Euro. The structure might be odd but it is what it is and either way we are getting a player at a position of need for a relatively low fee. The moaning and negativity in this thread is ridiculous.
Fair point - I have no idea how reliable the £17m figure was. It could be that Fiorentina were accepting lower bids as the deadline approached knowing the player was essentially on strike and the prospect of losing him for nothing in 12 months drew on, but it's at least equally likely that it was bullshit and they were always looking for £25-30m like you say.

Either way, if he's a midfielder that we are confident on, surely it'd have been preferable to buy him for £25-30 million in June and have him training with Ten Haag all summer rather than have a poor start to the season and end up paying £10m for a loan on deadline day?

ThinkTank@Cafe

1. Amrabat was insanely good as a DM for Morocco at the World Cup. I don’t watch a Serie A, so had an impression he is a DM but

2. Fbref shows he in the 98 percentile (or higher) for passes attempted, accuracy, and progressive passes.

3. He’s on loan deal and it’s “make it or break it” for the Moroccan. Motivation must be through the roof.

Excited to see him in our shirt.

Jeffthered

Good work, the lad can play a bit and it freshens up the squad. I'm pleased we finally got this done, but this late, late, late show for transfers cannot be best practice... It's shabby looking, makes you wonder about the quality and capacity within the people responsible for buying and selling. It simply doesn't take this long with other clubs. There must, must be a reason

parmenio

Well exactly, maybe it’s time they propped up the cash side of things, like every other Premier League club owner does.

It’s just infuriating they’ve managed to make this FFP line stick, it’s clearly a load of horse shit. We’ve sold about 50m of home grown talent this year, if we fail FFP after doing that and only spending 175m we’re in serious trouble.
FFP line is just that.Spin it and keep saying we need to stop spending due toFFP. Nope due to the Glazers we’re skint and they don’t wanna put cash in they want it out. Fortunately this lad really wanted us good signing who I’m confident will surprise a lot on here. Gives our midfield balance and depth.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People rewatch games of Fiorentina, Napoli, Inter Milan, Juventus, Atalanta and AC Milan weekly? Yeah right :p
You don't have to watch teams weekly to be familiar with them and their players. And keep in mind that you just made a post where you shared your opinion on all these players, is it based on watching them weekly or should we consider that you are full of it?

OverratedOpinion

In theory I agree with you but this applies to you, unless you watched these players how can you judge someone else's opinion/list? It's also annoying when someone assumes or declare that because they don't watch or know something no one else does.
Well in that specific circumstance because he provided a really obvious yet still quite poor list, it felt like "who are the top 10 rated serie a midfielders in fifa".

I don't always assume people don't watch specific leagues or teams. For example I think he is called Invuctus posts on here and I feel he is a bit obsessed with football but posts great stuff I didn't know about certain players who I just know by name, I think from memory you yourself may have on occasion too.

You sort of make your own judgement on who is talking waffle and who isn't. Not a perfect science but I reckon it is pretty obvious sometimes.

Red Royal

As he's getting close to joining, now is the time to complain about him going to AFCON in the middle of the season.
It is a shame we will miss him and Onana for a few weeks in January for Afcon. Just got to hope we have enough cover in that period

Valencia Shin Crosses

Good work, the lad can play a bit and it freshens up the squad. I'm pleased we finally got this done, but this late, late, late show for transfers cannot be best practice... It's shabby looking, makes you wonder about the quality and capacity within the people responsible for buying and selling. It simply doesn't take this long with other clubs. There must, must be a reason
It's absolutely an indictment on Murtough and the others tasked with outgoings that we can't seem to understand the value of our players nor when/how to sell them. We literally had to negotiate a fecking loan with Amrabat because we couldn't get rid of anyone. We turned down Maguire and McTominay interest. We sell our younger players for essentially pennies.

Lyng

I have massive doubts about him but really hope he proves me wrong. If he can replicate his wc form he will be exactly what we need.

Gandalf

People rewatch games of Fiorentina, Napoli, Inter Milan, Juventus, Atalanta and AC Milan weekly? Yeah right :p
A few of us do. I am a football nut and one of the few advantages of living in the States, which is in most ways hell on earth, is that I can get all the games from all of the top leagues with no blackouts. Paramount + airs every single Serie A game, Espn has La Liga, Peacock has all of the PL etc. I will typically watch multiple games on the weekend and frequently catch up on games I missed during the week if I don't have much going on. I have a personal preference for Serie A over La Liga which is probably a holdover from watching football Italia on Channel 4 back in the days of Gazza and David Platt.

OrcaFat

One of the best things about this signing is hopefully that it puts an end to seeing Bruno at right wing
I’m confused by this post.

Apologies if I’m being obtuse but is it sarcastic?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One of the best things about this signing is hopefully that it puts an end to seeing Bruno at right wing
If anything I think this signing will lead to more Bruno RW - especially in big games (Casemiro, Amrabat, Mount as the middle 3, Bruno out wide)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well exactly, maybe it’s time they propped up the cash side of things, like every other Premier League club owner does.

It’s just infuriating they’ve managed to make this FFP line stick, it’s clearly a load of horse shit. We’ve sold about 50m of home grown talent this year, if we fail FFP after doing that and only spending 175m we’re in serious trouble.
So the 300k fine was all a ruse?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If anything I think this signing will lead to more Bruno RW - especially in big games (Casemiro, Amrabat, Mount as the middle 3, Bruno out wide)
Ye I think that also. A midfielder 3 that will work hard when off the ball. The only thing with that is when we want to break and we have Fernandes on the wing.

Ekeke

Amrabat is great, outplayed Rice who cost £105m.

Top level passer and press-resistant.
1 match where he was maybe slightly better. Im not talking about one match im talking about the season. He might have one good match for us, its the season im more worried about

I would say that 1 match doesnt matter but City just bought a midfielder because he had a good match against us

Dorris

So the 300k fine was all a ruse?
Not sure how minor historical breaches are relevant? Explain to me why we’ve gone for a loan which is more expensive in FFP terms rather than buy him? We can’t be that close to breaching can we

dinostar77

Yes agreed, especially when Mount is back. Also Bruno has very good crosses from the right. Hojllund will be able to take advantage of them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How long before the Caf turns in him? By October?

Another shambles of a window!
Another transfer failure by the club! Sack Murtough.
What did ETH see in him?

flameinthesun

Not a sexy line up but away from home at a big team...not bad. We have been screaming out for something more solid after a few away thrashings, that might actually help us to stay more solid when away at Etihad, Anfield etc

Ekeke

I get the annoyance at Reguilon but come on let's at least give this guy a chance before completely writing him off already. He deserves that after all the clubs he has rejected because only wanted the Utd move since the start of year
Regulion looked a great young talent before Spurs and by the numbers is still a good leftback now. He's likely to be better than Malacia this season.

Amrabat is something else. Not good in a mid table team in a league that isnt as strong as the premier league.

city-puma

The consensus here is that he can really help us in both depth and quantity. Really hope this work out eventually in terms of quality.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well in that specific circumstance because he provided a really obvious yet still quite poor list, it felt like "who are the top 10 rated serie a midfielders in fifa".

I don't always assume people don't watch specific leagues or teams. For example I think he is called Invuctus posts on here and I feel he is a bit obsessed with football but posts great stuff I didn't know about certain players who I just know by name, I think from memory you yourself may have on occasion too.

You sort of make your own judgement on who is talking waffle and who isn't. Not a perfect science but I reckon it is pretty obvious sometimes.
And in that case you address the list and not make a silly point about the amount of games someone can watch or not, especially since unless you yourself haven't watched these players regularly, aren't in a position to criticize it. Surely you spot the contradiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.