Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

Hang on, thought this was a done deal !! Sky saying it’s close but not done
it’s not officially done until all the paperwork’s been signed and he’s a registered Utd player but it’s pretty much done. I’m sure we’ll have all the paperwork ready to go in case we need to go beyond the 11pm deadline, in which case we’ll submit it and get an extension. No need to panic, just yet anyway.

reddev3

the final vs West Ham is on youtube if anybody wants to see him play a full game vs a Prem side.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hopefully it gets done and it'll be interesting to see Mainoo and Amrabat in the team together at some point in the season. I think the decision to integrate Mainoo in the team is a brave one but I think it's a decision that is correct because he has the potential to develop into a midfielder that we've missed for a long time. And Mainoo is the type of midfielder we should be giving opportunities to as the #6/#8 hybrid, which is a role I think he's going to be developed in. Unfortunately he got injured but the plan was to have him alongside both Casemiro and Amrabat as a genuine rotation option imo.

GioF

I watched the final a couple of months back and Amrabat was the best player on the pitch and really stood out as a class act. Really hope we get him signed in the next couple of hours

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a good thread on the player by someone who is knowledgeable about the game and he has also appeared on the Overlap recently with Gary Neville where he spoke about Rasmus Hojlund.

didz

Hopefully it gets done and it'll be interesting to see Mainoo and Amrabat in the team together at some point in the season. I think the decision to integrate Mainoo in the team is a brave one but I think it's a decision that is correct because he has the potential to develop into a midfielder that we've missed for a long time. And Mainoo is the type of midfielder we should be giving opportunities to as the #6/#8 hybrid, which is a role I think he's going to be developed in. Unfortunately he got injured but the plan was to have him alongside both Casemiro and Amrabat as a genuine rotation option imo.
I'd be surprised to see the two in a pivot together (Mainoo and Amrabat, that is) simply because of how weak we are at set pieces in general.

We've got Varane and Casemiro who can win headers, and Licha and Shaw who are good at putting people off. You take the Brazilian out of that equation and it starts to look even worse, which is probably why Ten Hag is alright to keep McTominay and Maguire around the squad.

Unless something crazy happens in the next 2 hours, I think we'll be seeing McTominay as the de facto stand in for Casemiro, even with Amrabat signed. As for Mainoo, I hope that when he's back he gets as much time next to Cas as possible! No better midfielder around to coach you through a game.

madzo2007

Apparently the deadline can go beyond 11pm if certain things are already in place for a transfer.
Yeah if the deal sheet is submitted to the PL in time then its all good. Transfers get announced after the deadline all the time, after clearing up the finer details

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd be surprised to see the two in a pivot together (Mainoo and Amrabat, that is) simply because of how weak we are at set pieces in general.

We've got Varane and Casemiro who can win headers, and Licha and Shaw who are good at putting people off. You take the Brazilian out of that equation and it starts to look even worse, which is probably why Ten Hag is alright to keep McTominay and Maguire around the squad.

Unless something crazy happens in the next 2 hours, I think we'll be seeing McTominay as the de facto stand in for Casemiro, even with Amrabat signed. As for Mainoo, I hope that when he's back he gets as much time next to Cas as possible! No better midfielder around to coach you through a game.
I think that could be a option in certain games. But I think Amrabat is going to be the first receiver in midfield with Casemiro pushed up in the build up phase.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
This is a good thread on the player by someone who is knowledgeable about the game and he has also appeared on the Overlap recently with Gary Neville where he spoke about Rasmus Hojlund.

The minute I see someone with Ronaldo as their user profile pic I instantly cannot take them seriously

didz

I think that could be a option in certain games. But I think Amrabat is going to be the first receiver in midfield with Casemiro pushed up in the build up phase.
Well Amrabat pretty much walks into the club as its best first receiver, so no argument there.

I don't think he'll be key immediately or anything, but seeing as how Ten Hag tends to go man-for-man in midfield, I can pretty much see him as an almost direct rotation with Mount, depending on who we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.