Television Solar Opposites

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Discovered this show thanks to @Hoof The Ball who referenced it in the Rick & Morty thread. It's co-created by Justin Roiland, who also voices the main character, Korvo. It focuses on a family of aliens from planet Schlorp who had to flee their world when it was destroyed by an asteroid, and ended up stranded on Earth with a broken ship. The show seems to find its feet and grow in confidence as the season goes on (8 episodes so far), and while I feel it hasn't yet fully embraced its whackiness, there's a lot of laughs to be had and great potential for future seasons.

Has anyone watched it?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Been watching this on Disney+. I hated the first couple of episodes yet I couldn't stop watching. Love it now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished the first season of this and it’s pretty good.

I thought the people in the wall thing would be a one episode arc but to make it a subplot that eventually took over the whole season was great :lol: It really reminded me of a Community episode, where a situation arises there’s suddenly a hierarchy and everything has descended into madness.

b82REZ

I enjoyed this, surely there's going to be Rick and Morty crossover at some point.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New season is pretty good so far! The wall stuff is still so good.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Still surprised that the thread for this is so bare. If you haven't watched it yet then what the feck are you doing? You'll watch shite docudramas about serial killers on Netflix but not this work of art? Twunts.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still surprised that the thread for this is so bare. If you haven't watched it yet then what the feck are you doing? You'll watch shite docudramas about serial killers on Netflix but not this work of art? Twunts.

Just been me propping the thread up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought Season 4 was pretty good. The voice change took some getting used to but it felt natural by the last few episodes. The Wall and Silvercops sub plots are almost better than the actual show at this point though.

Looks like it’s been review bombed due to Roiland’s sacking though. As is typical these days.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thought Season 4 was pretty good. The voice change took some getting used to but it felt natural by the last few episodes. The Wall and Silvercops sub plots are almost better than the actual show at this point though.

Looks like it’s been review bombed due to Roiland’s sacking though. As is typical these days.
"Wokeness ruin show now can't watch becos of ailwinsnand wimmin" I'm guessing is the main argument being made by the usual suspects?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Such a good show.

I love the wall storylines, not a huge fan of the Silvercops one but the wall is basically a sub show in itself at this point :lol: (though this season's wall plot wasn't my favourite). The change in voice didn't bother me at all, though probably because I was high throughout most of the episodes I watched.