Solskjær press conference vs Bournemouth (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer arrives at Carrington
The United manager has been pictured arriving ahead of this morning’s press conference. The United squad will be travelling down to Bournemouth later today.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
What's wrong with those 'arriving at Carrington' photos? They always look like poor photoshop jobs.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What's wrong with those 'arriving at Carrington' photos? They always look like poor photoshop jobs.
I’m glad someone asked this. To ensure that the players arriving/leaving are not constantly papped, at the start of the season United organise a “arriving at Carrington” day where there is a pool of players and managers arriving. The press take multiple photos and then photoshop the changes in outfit throughout the season. Think of it this way, teams could see who was injured/not otherwise. One of the best changes Gill made.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Around all parks and easily accessible water in the UK they have those floaty things. Surprised some teens haven’t nicked them and thrown them in like they do around here.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The United manager has been pictured arriving ahead of this morning’s press conference. The United squad will be travelling down to Bournemouth later today.

That looks photoshopped

Kostur

海尔的老板

Ole's at the wheel.

Eleven-Eighteen

Looks photoshopped. Are we sure it's the real Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
At least he's confirming that he is, in fact, at the wheel.

Samid

Injury latest on Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford
It’s still early, hopefully we can get them back on the pitch tomorrow, they had some treatment yesterday, a little more treatment today, light session but I can’t exactly tell you.

Samid

Tuanzebe, Matic and Shaw updates
They’re not ready for tomorrow, that’s the update. Probably after the international break, that’s always the risk if you push them back too early but the two extra weeks after internationals should be ready.

Samid

New confidence
That’s football, sometimes you get luck of the dice, the game on W night was decided by an unbelievable strike by Marcus, in Partizan we defended really well, great last ditch defending there, and Norwich I think that was a good game. The confidence is getting better, players back from injury helps, all put together. In football it’s not every far from failure to success or other way round.

Samid

Liverpool result the key?
International break came at a great time for us, we prepared for Liverpool game and when you get a decent performance and result against the league leaders it gives you a bit more energy. And from then on the boys were happy with the work we did, maybe the change of system helped and the coaches have done a great job.

Every game is a new opportunity to show what you can do, and that’s part of being here, I didn’t play every game, every game I played was a chance to show the manager I should play the next one and hopefully these boys feel like that because we are getting players back.

Samid

Lack of consistency
Fine margins decide football games at this level, decisions by the ref or by a player at a certain moment, turn down a pass, turn down a finish, it is so much easier getting confidence or momentum by results and at the moment the boys look like they’re playing on instinct rather than having that split second to think.

Samid

What to expect from Bournemouth
It’s gonna be a tough game, they’ve got quick forwards running in behind, direct, Josh (King), Callum Wilson, Solanke, Fraser, their attacking prowess, it is quite surprising they haven’t scored (in October) but probably fine margins as well and not conceded lots of goals, hopefully we score the first goal because they are also very dangerous on set-plays.

Samid

Rashford form
Since Anthony’s come back Marcus has blossomed, he’s probably happier facing goal, being direct driving at people, taking players on rather than target man with back to goal.

But, Marcus wants to master all the skills, only just turned 22, maybe as a two with Anthony maybe as a three like we did against Norwich or wide like we did against Chelsea, different ways of playing with Marcus and it was important for him, and for me, that he stepped up for that penalty against Chelsea.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
How I hope we've got more in our tank and continue winning. Absolutely crucial for the rest of the season.

Samid

Scott McTominay performances
He’s been excellent and now that him and Fred work in a good relationship, work well together did that last season, PSG, when we had a few injuries and now as well they are working as a pair.

Scotty’s a leader, a Manchester United boy, you can see he’s been a striker with the goal at Norwich on a half turn, but he’s developing into a very good midfielder.

Samid

The season so far
It’s hard to evaluate after just 10 games and cup games, but some fine margins.

We’ve played really well at times, developed a team spirit, an identity, more intensity and aggression in the team and suffered a bit from injuries.

Judas

Open to offers
Injury latest on Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford
It’s still early, hopefully we can get them back on the pitch tomorrow, they had some treatment yesterday, a little more treatment today, light session but I can’t exactly tell you.
Feck me, more injuries.

Jones and Rojo at the back tomorrow :drool:

United Hobbit

Shaw is STILL not fit??

Makes you wonder if he has recovered from the initial injury but his fitness isnt up to scratch - what was even wrong with him in the first place it's been so long I've forgotten

romufc

Shaw is STILL not fit??

Makes you wonder if he has recovered from the initial injury but his fitness isnt up to scratch - what was even wrong with him in the first place it's been so long I've forgotten
Hamstring if i recall.

Tbh, if he cannot get himself fit, we now do have someone who can fill in so it isnt a major concern.

Samid

On Martial
Now he is maturing, he is nearly 24. You have to be obsessed with scoring goals as a No. 9 and he is looking more and more like a player who wants to score goals and not just show his tricks. For me he has matured a lot in his behaviour on the training ground as well. I believe we will see the best of him in the next few years.

Samid

On squad mood
He [Martial] looks happier. He seems happy. He is an infectious boy, his smile and sense of humour, you can see he is happy here and that rubs off on everyone and it's great to see.

The whole group as well, the whole mood, it's miles better on the training ground, they encourage each other, it's nice to be a coach and a manager when you see them come out and wanting to do extras so we are improving. I think the group is more ready for tougher times and better times.

I think it's a miles better group that we have now. The camaraderie, the attitude of the boys, the selflessness, the humility.

We are getting closer to what we want to see everyday, that culture, the performance in training, the way they prepare for games.

Samid

On Rashford's playing time
He doesn't want a rest. I've been able to rest him a couple of times in Europe but he's such a fit boy, a professional boy. He looks after himself.

Hopefully he had loads of sweets [Thursday] night on his birthday so the energy levels are up, but when you get goals, when you score goals, when you get performances, you just want to play games.

The rhythm of playing, resting, recovering and playing again, sometimes that's just as good.