Solskjær press conference vs Crystal Palace (H)

Squeaky Bumtime

"No value in the market"
"Jesse has been working hard in training, double, triple, quadruples sessions, like a new signing"
"Marcos learnt how to not cremate his toast, also like a new signing"
"Jonesy has peeled himself off the treatment table after half a season, great to see him, he looks motivated, like a new player"
"Aaron can now cross a ball to the striker, after his 10th attempt, improving everyday"
That's like.. Really, really bad.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"he's talking about looking at this season when it's over. It was the first day of the new season. "

I didn't get this part. What did Mason say in press conference? Which season?
That Mason had so little rest between the end of the previous season and the start of this season he didn't even realise that the new season had started. He needed a break, instead England call him up for internationals, put him in front of media for 25 minutes on his first day, start asking him about the Maguire arrest etc.

TLDR: Southgate is a spineless cnut

United58

Good man Ole :devil: Get Sancho over the line and he's had a brilliant close-season for us in fairness in terms of managing the squad and improving us

AFC NimbleThumb

From an OgS sceptic his recent responses have been encouraging; the answer on transfers put the ball firmly in the clubs court.

Get me some players.

snowkarl

That Mason had so little rest between the end of the previous season and the start of this season he didn't even realise that the new season had started. He needed a break, instead England call him up for internationals, put him in front of media for 25 minutes on his first day, start asking him about the Maguire arrest etc.

Either he's an England international or he isn't. It's an honour and a privilege to represent the country and it's not Southgate's fault Maguire created all the wrong kinds of headlines. Everyone had little rest, not just Greenwood.

gajender

Well done ole. You are starting to show some teeth
Well he is growing into the role of United manager hopefully he is able to continue progress on the field as well .United might be surprise package this season if we get further signings in before the window closes.

United58

Our Ole has always had bite. Anyone and everyone who played with him said he’s a competitive fecker with a savage turn of phrase. Yet for some reason on this forum he’s seen by many as a Glazer shrill.
Tbf it's an internet forum; I doubt any of the people who are constantly whining here have any accurate perception of reality/real life responsibilities :p

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

OK, got it.

Sambob

Absolutely nothing useful out of that presser really, just fluff.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Either he's an England international or he isn't. It's an honour and a privilege to represent the country and it's not Southgate's fault Maguire created all the wrong kinds of headlines. Everyone had little rest, not just Greenwood.
:houllier:
Even if he got selected it is Southgate’s responsibility to manage his players. Were there no other England players in the squad older than 18 and not being called up for the first time who could have given an interview instead of Mason?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
"No value in the market"
"Jesse has been working hard in training, double, triple, quadruples sessions, like a new signing"
"Marcos learnt how to not cremate his toast, also like a new signing"
"Jonesy has peeled himself off the treatment table after half a season, great to see him, he looks motivated, like a new player"
"Aaron can now cross a ball to the striker, after his 10th attempt, improving everyday"
:lol:

Southgate is a moron i asked the same question at the time, why was Greenwood allowed to do a press conference??

EwanI Ted

He’s getting good at these things. He was always lovely to listen to when he joined, but kind of came over as just happy to be here and not wanting to offend. Now he’s much more assertive and bullish than before. Still dead polite and positive, but means business.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
United shielded him from the media all year and the first thing that happens when he's on England duty is that he has to give a press conference for 25 minutes. Playing for England doesn't mean you have to act as a lightning rod on your first call up.

"Everyone" didn't have little rest. Lots of teams/players had their season end 2-3 weeks before us. "Everyone" isn't 18 years old and had just completed their first full season at the elite level. You clearly know little about management.

Sambob

What exactly do you want him to say or do? Throw a hissy fit like Mourinho?
How did you get that from what I said?

It was a pointless presser, the only thing of substance was him mentioning Mason and I think that the standpoint he took was fine but basically youve got an 18 year old role model hiring sex workers during a deadly pandemic and you are saying he needs management....is he saying its Southgate's fault then, the two games he was with England made him make bad choices? Its pretty much saying Ole/the club didnt manage him well in terms of his decision making as a person, and that he has no control over whether his players go off to things that are not good for them.

Presumably you liked the presser then?

Mihai

Of course he is a fully English international. He scored in Iceland while in the national team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why wouldnt he be allowed?
Because he’s an 18 year old whose domestic club have actively shielded him from being hounded by the press all season? And his manager asked the NT coach to continue this?

trafford1980

It was a pointless presser, the only thing of substance was him mentioning Mason and I think that the standpoint he took was fine but basically youve got an 18 year old role model hiring sex workers during a deadly pandemic and you are saying he needs management....is he saying its Southgate's fault then, the two games he was with England made him make bad choices? Its pretty much saying Ole/the club didnt manage him well in terms of his decision making as a person, and that he has no control over whether his players go off to things that are not good for them.

This isn’t true.

Alemar

Good replies by OGS, but sadly we didn’t know anything concrete about transfers and tomorrow’s match squad

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

It's like you've taken every fact and tweaked to an anti-United slant. The press conference was fine and Ole is right about the Greenwood situation.

Sambob

It's like you've taken every fact and tweaked to an anti-United slant. The press conference was fine and Ole is right about the Greenwood situation.
Oh I see, I didnt realise, ok its fine now I like it again.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Absolutely nothing useful out of that presser really, just fluff.
What do you want from a presser though. Its a media obligation and I am sure Ole would prefer to be on the training pitch with the team rather than taking the same shit questions week in week out.

' What transfers are you working on Ole?'

'I don't comment on other clubs or there players'

Wash rinse repeat x infinity

Sambob

Good replies by OGS, but sadly we didn’t know anything concrete about transfers and tomorrow’s match squad
No you arent allowed to say that in here, it was a great presser.