Solskjær press conference vs dippers (A)

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Could be a great weekend for us. Tottenham just dropped points and it's likely Chelsea, Sheffield, Wolves and Crystal will all drop points. On the other hand, Liverpool has to lose a match at some point, why not tomorrow?

Gasolin

Anyone heard about Rashford our for the season? Hope it’s not true

Embargoed quotes

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On challenging Luke Shaw
Potentially we have the best left-back in England. Luke has the potential to be the best one. And that is the great challenge for him now, Brandon has come in and done so well.

Samid

On 1999 Man Utd being better than current Liverpool
I would say so wouldn’t I, but let’s see when the season has finished. We’re just past halfway and there are many, many games to go. Last season the race between Liverpool and City was amazing. You look at Liverpool now and they have 33 wins and five draws from the last 38 games and that’s a decent season, 104 points. It was close between them both last season. They both have half a season to play.

That [1999] showed as a squad we could cope with three tournaments. It was an amazing season, an amazing group. The personalities, the camaraderie. I’m sure with Liverpool, they can win all three, so I’m not going to say no or yes, but let’s see in May.

You have to do it again and again and Sir Alex is the only one who has won it three times [in a row]. He had an exceptional way of motivating us and getting us ready – a way of just letting trophies be trophies. Win them and move forward.

Samid

On improving like Klopp's Liverpool
The spirit is there, the players are humble and they want to improve. That is a great starting point and foundation. We know we need to sign a few but we understand that. We look at when Jurgen took over at Liverpool and he finished eighth in his first season, so this is our first season together.

We want to build step by step, and layer by layer, and in the end you can just send them out without having to wait until Saturday to do the last preparations because you know what they are able to do.

If you look at Liverpool now with (Roberto) Firmino, (Mo) Salah and (Sadio) Mane, they all understand each other when he moves there and him there, they drop and rotate. That’s where we want to get to but that takes time.

Samid

On the defence growing together
I would hope so. Then again we have got Diogo who is a great attacking full-back, Tim is coming back who is 21 and played loads of games of Holland, and Axel as a centre-back.

So for me the foundation is there. Of course the back two as well, David [De Gea] and Sergio [Romero], make you very confident. So that is the foundation.

We did spend the majority of our transfer money in the last window on Aaron and Harry because I felt we needed to defend better but also dominate and control games more, with Harry back there because he is such an authority back there and he is confident on the ball.

Samid

On De Gea's improvement
We have been working on it of course. It is always the foundation of any team to defend well.

I think David is improving, his work with Richard [Hartis] and Craig [Mawson] here now coming in is bearing fruit. Victor and Harry, they have been excellent as a pairing, I think they’ve grown to know each other.

But it is the whole team. I think it is the workrate of the whole team. And we know everyone of us, 11 of us, has to defend well against Liverpool if we are going to be able to keep clean sheets.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
On challenging Luke Shaw
Potentially we have the best left-back in England. Luke has the potential to be the best one. And that is the great challenge for him now, Brandon has come in and done so well.
Ole go out of his way to give some of these suckers extra chances. It should be motivating that he never gives up on you. But... If they disappoint him after he has put his name on the line for them, he'll be ruthless with them I'm sure. If not, he is too gullible.