Solskjær press conference vs Leeds (A)

chiz2kul

He's going to be diplomatic.

He's then going to get slated for it.
Some say diplomacy, other say spineless. We will see. It is telling though that Pep, Conte, Klopp, Arteta weren't afraid to give a strong opinion, while maintaining an aura of diplomacy.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hello fans who will become outraged when the manager does not willingly risk his career so you can feel justified in your complaint, and subsequently will focus all your fury on the manager, who had nothing to do with this to begin with.

EliotTheRed

Hello fans who will become outraged when the manager does not willingly risk his career so you can feel justified in your complaint, and subsequently will focus all your fury on the manager, who had nothing to do with this to begin with.
Come on, common sense and rational thought doesn’t always apply here!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
As long as he doesn't insult our intelligence by trying to convince us Joel Glazer loves the club, which we all know isn't true in any sense of the word, then it's all good.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As long as he doesn't insult our intelligence by trying to convince us Joel Glazer loves the club, which we all know isn't true in any sense of the word, then it's all good.
To be fair to him, he may not have a choice. As much as we want him to show his disapproval of the owners he may have been instructed to swerve it.

As long as he is protecting the players and respecting the fans, I wouldn't be asking for much more (or less) from Ole.

kaiz

If you have as much intelligence as you think you do then you would know that he is just trying to do his job and whatever he says or does doesn't matter in term of ownership, Sir Alex Ferguson can't.

For reference, Klopp said their owners are good people and no one said anything. Unfortunately for Ole, I don't think he is gonna get away with the G word here.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole presser bingo
  • Glazer puppet
  • Yes man
  • Spineless
  • Dodging the questions
  • Not my manager
  • Out of his depth

Samid

Solskjaer issues Bailly and Rashford injury updates
“Yes Eric is back and has been training this week,” Solskjaer told club media. “It’s been a good week.

Marcus hasn’t trained but I hope that he will join us tomorrow.

Apart from that everyone – of course Anthony is injured still - has had a couple of days of recovery and a week of preparation and training."

Samid

Solskjaer breaks silence on European Super League collapse
"First of all, I'm very happy the fans have voiced their opinion and that we've listened to them. In a strange sort of way, it's brought the football pyramid and community together and I think that's important, and I'm very happy.

I'm a supporter myself, and there'll be a day when I come back and watch Man United and I wanna watch a Man United team with a fear of failure.

I didn't like the (Super League) concept anyway, it has to be on sporting merit, I wanna earn the right to play in Europe, we know we've been pioneers and we've been in Europe for many, many years, with the Busby Babes, we want to be part of a successful European campaign again.

One of my best nights was something we worked really hard towards. To get to that, that fear of failure, you can't be given it because your name is such and such, you have to earn the right to be there.

And I've always felt and believed in stepping out of your comfort zone, being afraid of failure. That spurs you on, living on the edge a little bit, and that wasn't part of this.

And, for me, I'm very happy all of the clubs that have admitted their mistake this was a bad idea and the way it came out as well. Just when we're talking about getting fans back into the stadium, we get this.

We were looking forward to getting fans back in the stadium the last two games of the season and then weren't able to look forward to it. But the fans - we have a banner at Old Trafford that 'football is nothing without fans' and we've felt that for a year. It's been a difficult year but now, just when we're gonna welcome them back we get this.

The preparation for the Leeds game was a little bit different, but then again that's part of being in this industry and this club. Man United is the biggest club in the world, we want to be part of European football. Like my players last season, they were excellent."

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
13:33KEY EVENT
Solskjaer breaks silence on European Super League collapse
""First of all, I'm very happy the fans have voiced their opinion and that we've listened to them," Solskjaer said. "In a strange sort of way, it's brought the football pyramid and community together and I think that's important, and I'm very happy.
"I'm a supporter myself, and there'll be a day when I come back and watch Man United and I wanna watch a Man United team with a fear of failure.
"I didn't like the (Super League) concept anyway, it has to be on sporting merit, I wanna earn the right to play in Europe, we know we've been pioneers and we've been in Europe for many, many years, with the Busby Babes, we want to be part of a successful European campaign again.
"One of my best nights was something we worked really hard towards. To get to that, that fear of failure, you can't be given it because your name is such and such, you have to earn the right to be there.
"And I've always felt and believed in stepping out of your comfort zone, being afraid of failure. That spurs you on, living on the edge a little bit, and that wasn't part of this.
"And, for me, I'm very happy all of the clubs that have admitted their mistake this was a bad idea and the way it came out as well. Just when we're talking about getting fans back into the stadium, we get this.
"We were looking forward to getting fans back in the stadium the last two games of the season and then weren't able to look forward to it. But the fans - we have a banner at Old Trafford that 'football is nothing without fans' and we've felt that for a year. It's been a difficult year but now, just when we're gonna welcome them back we get this.
"The preparation for the Leeds game was a little bit different, but then again that's part of being in this industry and this club. Man United is the biggest club in the world, we want to be part of European football. Like my players last season, they were excellent."

Siorac

If he doesn't shit on a photo of the Glazers in the middle of the Press Conference then THATS IT!
I expect him to drag in Joel Glazer, hog-tied, and do the shitting in his actual mouth.

Samid

Leeds rivalry
"Inside the stadium there won't be any fans unfortunately, obviously we focus on our game.

Fans between our teams have always had a rivalry, it has to be a healthy one, especially at a time like this."

Samid

What to expect
"That game we started unbelievably well. It was never a 6-2 win, I don't expect same type of scoreline.

The difference between the two teams was not four goals. We were clincial, Dave made some big saves."

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Criticised him on his sporting ability as a manager on several occasions but you can rely on him to put this ESL in context and that was never in doubt on this one aspect.

RUCK4444

Great answer. These journo's are desperate to get a line from him stating that Joel loves the club.

Don't give them any scraps to skive a living off Ole.

0le

And I've always felt and believed in stepping out of your comfort zone, being afraid of failure. That spurs you on, living on the edge a little bit, and that wasn't part of this.
Breaking News:

Korean Lawyer calls Ole a racist for calling Spurs a fearful club.

Samid

Solskjaer's own background
"You don't expect people from Kristiansund to make it?! That's completely out of order! (jokes)

You have to aim high and dream. That is part of football, you have to dream big. To be an example of that is great."

Samid

Do owners really care about United?
"I have said what I said about the Super League.

I am so happy all the owners have agreed it was a mistake. I have always had good working realtionship with the club and the owners.

We speak, they listen to my opinions."

Samid

Do fans need louder voice in football?
"I think the fans, football without the fans is nothing.

We have to listen to them. We have all been voicing our opinions this week. That is part of my job to speak to them, showing them that we want to be a better team."

Samid

Reaction to Woodward resignation
"Football is emotions. I have had a very, very good working relationship with Ed. We have to move on without him.

I will work as long as United want me here and hopefully we can end the season successfully. Ed would be part of that."

Samid

What does Leeds rivalry mean?
"They mean a lot to me.

I have played in some massive games vs Leeds. We as a team got stretched against them, we looked forward to it.

The respect for the level. I feel the same now, they have sown their qualities."

Samid

Concerned fans could criticise United as an 'elite club'?
"This has brought football together in a strange way.

United and Leeds fans have same opinion on this topic (ESL). I don't think it will be an issue."

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Do owners really care about United?
"I have said what I said about the Super League.

I am so happy all the owners have agreed it was a mistake. I have always had good working realtionship with the club and the owners.

We speak, they listen to my opinions."
Biggest 'you know what I think but I cannot say it' quote I've ever seen.

Pickle85

If you have as much intelligence as you think you do then you would know that he is just trying to do his job and whatever he says or does doesn't matter in term of ownership, Sir Alex Ferguson can't.

For reference, Klopp said their owners are good people and no one said anything. Unfortunately for Ole, I don't think he is gonna get away with the G word here.
If you had as much intelligence as you think you do then you would end your first sentence intelligibly. I don't think there's anything wrong in what @Random Task said - there's a world of difference between being diplomatic and actively trying to convince fans that Joel Glazer is the good guy in all this...