Solskjær press conference vs Saints (H)

Nickelodeon

Whilst annoying, their goal actually doesn’t bother me much - DDG has been bullied so much I’ve become used to refs ignorance in that area.

What does really p*ss me off is the ref blowing up for our chance so quickly; he’d made his mind up the second Maguire moved in the direction of the ball but paid no attention to the fact his eyes were on the ball & their goalie was a mess.
I actually would also place some of the blame to our players. I genuinely believe if the players should some reaction to the clear push on De Gea, then the VAR would've scrutinized it and possibly overturned the goal. Same thing happened last year against Everton at OT. We all know that pressurizing the ref isn't a noble tactic, but the situation is similar to expecting a penalty for a foul without going down, its never gonna happen otherwise.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Two clear yellows against Lacazette. Not that I complain that he was not sent off, just thought he was lucky not to be.
Bollocks! He just threw himself to the ground at every opp.

If you're looking for someone who's got off lightly,then look no further than Thiago

Raredaredevil

Must win game if we still want to have any realistic chance of winning the league if it's fading. Southampton is a team we always seem to struggle against and even if we win, it's by a goal and very hard fight.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I actually would also place some of the blame to our players. I genuinely believe if the players should some reaction to the clear push on De Gea, then the VAR would've scrutinized it and possibly overturned the goal. Same thing happened last year against Everton at OT. We all know that pressurizing the ref isn't a noble tactic, but the situation is similar to expecting a penalty for a foul without going down, its never gonna happen otherwise.
I tend to agree - I just said it in the VAR thread but i think there's definitely a much greater chance that the VAR has a stronger look at it if De Gea goes mental at the ref... much like he did vs. Liverpool last year.

Why I also think half the reason we got that penalty vs. Brighton was the strength of the appeal from Maguire.

croadyman

I tend to agree - I just said it in the VAR thread but i think there's definitely a much greater chance that the VAR has a stronger look at it if De Gea goes mental at the ref... much like he did vs. Liverpool last year.

Why I also think half the reason we got that penalty vs. Brighton was the strength of the appeal from Maguire.
Yeah if you want a prime example just look at the reaction of Schmeichel to that Leeds goal yesterday, he was straight up when the ball hit the net and over to the official questioning the decision

Becks00

Kevin Friend, heard it during live commentary
That's twice he has screwed us over now.

Remember the discussion I had with a friend after the match against Burnley and he made a point about if Fergie was still around he would have made more of the Maguire disallowed goal, especially given the back drop of Klopp rant about penalties and then we getting denied a clear penalty on Fred during the fulham game. He predicted then that the decisions doing against us was going to cost us sooner and of course it did.

Sometimes Ole is way to nice with calling out wrong calls in our games. Refrees are humans and they can be influenced by opinions, if opposition managers are setting up a narrative that we get too much decisions going our way and you see it influencing calls in our games, you don't overlook just because it didn't cost us in that particular match. You throw a big fuss about it and make sure your voice is heard because if you let it slide like he did, it was always going to cost us.

ShinjiNinja26

What an absolute fecking joke! The standard of officiating in the PL is a disgrace, they have VAR now to get these right and they still feck it up, these poor decisions have serious consequences for teams. Just like that whole mess with the City goal against Villa every man and his dog could have told you it was miles offside and should not have stood yet they give it, only to come out days later and admit they made a mistake and change the rule only after City have benefited from it. Shambles!:mad:

Inigo Montoya

Brilliant underplaying of Diallo and praise of Huge Hill there.

The Irish Connection

Feck all good to us now saying that. Our squad isn’t the strongest mentally, that result really dented us.
And apparently they admitted that the Cancelo offside goal for man city was wrong too, and they changed the rules afterwards...how is that right?

HJ12

100% agree. We are far too accepting of contentious decisions and its screwing us over. I'm glad Ole's made the contents of the report public - at least it puts some sort of spotlight on the refs for calling so terribly against us, and will hopefully subconsciously cause them to think twice before giving bad decisions...and if not, at least it serves to highlight how bad the refereeing has been.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Team news and injury updates
"Apart from the wear and tear and quick turnaround everyone should be available, they're not injured anyway, it's just a matter of energy levels and see how they feel tomorrow, no new fresh injuries anyway.

It's not been time to do a lot on the training pitch, the boys that played are still on the recovery track from Sat night but they have to prepare for the game tomorrow night, it's right in between for them, the session was light but some scored goals, wanna get that mojo back, that spark, created enough chances to score the goals now it's about feeling good, taking a deep breath and putting the ball between the posts."
We have been extremely lucky with zero injuries so far what with all other rivals around us losing key players to injuries.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We have been extremely lucky with zero injuries so far what with all other rivals around us losing key players to injuries.
Some of that is the clubs‘ own fault though. Playing Kane & Co against 2nd rate Europa teams, playing Matip, Fabinho, Jota, ... in the CL when Liverpool were already qualified, etc.

dev1l

Some of that is the clubs‘ own fault though. Playing Kane & Co against 2nd rate Europa teams, playing Matip, Fabinho, Jota, ... in the CL when Liverpool were already qualified, etc.
True. Apart from Maguire and Fernandes, the rest of the players were rested in some games

romufc

Bailly missed the first half of the season
Luke Shaw was injured for 5/6 games with a hamstring
Lindelof has been out.
Pogba missed the first couple months with covid

We also have a bunch of fans that cry about everything. If Ole doesn't rotate and keeps the same team, Ole has run them to the ground, that's why they are injured.

If he does rotate, Ole rotates too much.

Now here we have a new one.. when our players get injured, Ole is to blame for running them to the ground but when other teams get injuries its unlucky :lol: :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
True. Apart from Maguire and Fernandes, the rest of the players were rested in some games
Yep, plus mostly we didn’t even have a choice with our CL group. I am sure if we had qualified after the 4th or 5th game we would have rested players for the last game.

RedDevil@84

Bailly missed the first half of the season
Luke Shaw was injured for 5/6 games with a hamstring
Lindelof has been out.
Pogba missed the first couple months with covid
And I am not even sure Rashford has been 100% fit.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
We all know that the officiating is all over the place. In combat sports they say never leave the decision the judges. We shouldnt be relying on incompetency to beat Sheffield United.

Inigo Montoya

That’s funny, the Utd coaches and Rashford himself are in the best position to judge but the Caf coaches know better.

He’s been very erratic and that’s it with Rashford; a MO M performance here and awful there. If we had Martial chipping in and better quality on the bench this wouldn’t be an issue

romufc

Looks that way... but saying that he hasn't looked fit for a long time. Either its that or he has dropped a level, mainly in his intensity.

RedDevil@84

That’s funny, the Utd coaches and Rashford himself are in the best position to judge but the Caf coaches know better.

He’s been very erratic and that’s it with Rashford; a MO M performance here and awful there. If we had Martial chipping in and better quality on the bench this wouldn’t be an issue
Jeez. It is just an opinion from the way he plays. No one is making excuses for Rashford's performance. Stop being so touchy.

When someone posts "That has been Luke Shaw's best performance of career", it does not mean the poster has hundreds of papers with statistics and videos of every game played by him and come to a logical and statistical conclusion.

NYAS

We all know that the officiating is all over the place. In combat sports they say never leave the decision the judges. We shouldnt be relying on incompetency to beat Sheffield United.
You can say that all you want, but the reality is nobody wins every game they “should” win. When you get games like that it would help if incompetence wasn’t the determining factor.

Chairman Steve

Boy, would that feck you off for the rest of the day. It’s much worse knowing they could have used VAR to review it. In non-VAR days, I’d have begrudgingly respected the honesty but now it looks massively incompetent.

tomaldinho1

I still fondly recall how Caf residents stated VAR would solve footballs issues with regards to officials making errors. I passionately didn’t want VAR, I standby my initial reaction. Can’t even enjoy a goal now as it has to be cleared:rolleyes: and then they still feck stuff up.
VAR is brilliant it's just awfully - to the point I feel the refs are half boycotting it - run. The lack of basic common sense on show is worryingly bad.

Inigo Montoya

Jeez. It is just an opinion from the way he plays. No one is making excuses for Rashford's performance. Stop being so touchy.

When someone posts "That has been Luke Shaw's best performance of career", it does not mean the poster has hundreds of papers with statistics and videos of every game played by him and come to a logical and statistical conclusion.
But you didn’t, you posted about Rashford and fitness. And you’re right it was an opinion, it wasn’t a personal dig

ROFLUTION

I still fondly recall how Caf residents stated VAR would solve footballs issues with regards to officials making errors. I passionately didn’t want VAR, I standby my initial reaction. Can’t even enjoy a goal now as it has to be cleared:rolleyes: and then they still feck stuff up.
It puts a dull cloud over everything. There's no vengeance on the field neither, like you normally would have seen against Arsenal after them going at Fernandes. So fecking dull and the opposite of why I started liking british football in the first place. I still hate VAR

Manoucha09

Kevin Friend, heard it during live commentary
Was actually David Coote, famous for failing to spot a stamp by Lo Celso against Chelsea while on VAR last season.

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59089
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Coote_(referee)

It's actually crazy that they'd have two inexperienced refs working together in Bankes and Coote. I know Coote's been around for a few years now, but he's still not as experienced as others.

Anyway, we've just got to accept what has happened and move on to the next game. Tough game coming up tomorrow. Really hope Ole goes for it right from the off.

ROFLUTION

Two clear yellows against Lacazette. Not that I complain that he was not sent off, just thought he was lucky not to be.
Gotta put it in perspective if you call out Maguire - Lacazette should have too with his ducking on Pogba. And had that happened, Maguire would not have a player in front of him to commit the second yellow you talk about

Dve

Anyone know who the VAR referee was for that game?
It was David Coote. Martial´s goal was never an issue for VAR since the referee blew the whistle before the ball crossed the line, so that´s all on the ref. DeGea was pushed in the back, though, but it seems like VAR has decided to take the back seat in most situations. In September, the goal would have been ruled out.

Dve

Feck all good to us now saying that. Our squad isn’t the strongest mentally, that result really dented us.
Dented the fans, that is. The game in London can hardly stand as proof that this also applies to the team. A point at Arsenal is not a bad result, especially when we created more than needed to win the game.

Dve

Still, with VAR they get it correct more often than not. Just imagine getting rid of VAR, and next game, we´ll score a perfect goal ruled out for "offside". I don´t think there is a way back, really.