Solskjær press conference vs Saints (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Team news and injury updates
"Apart from the wear and tear and quick turnaround everyone should be available, they're not injured anyway, it's just a matter of energy levels and see how they feel tomorrow, no new fresh injuries anyway.

It's not been time to do a lot on the training pitch, the boys that played are still on the recovery track from Sat night but they have to prepare for the game tomorrow night, it's right in between for them, the session was light but some scored goals, wanna get that mojo back, that spark, created enough chances to score the goals now it's about feeling good, taking a deep breath and putting the ball between the posts."

Samid

What can clubs and authorities do to stop racist abuse?
"I don't this is just a matter of footballers or famous people, that gets highlighted, which is in a sense, it's good that we talk about it, highlight it but it's unacceptable behaviour and it happens all across society and we work with the authorities and it has to be stopped. This way of discrimination on social media, we can't do a lot, have to work with the platforms and they've got to make sure we're stronger to stop this.

We all know there's freedom of speech but this crosses a line of what is unacceptable, this is unacceptable behaviour in 2021. The ignorance, you feel sorry for them, just gotta help them and sometimes you help them by taking away the chance to express themselves."

Samid

Transfer window plans
"We've made decisions we feel have been good for individuals and us as well, with the young players moving on, with Garner, Chong, Mengi, Pellistri getting the chance to play more football has been important for us and our group is a tight knit group, we don't have too many players in excess and hopefully Jesse can get going and play well at West Ham as well."

Samid

How many teams are in title race?
"We should just focus on ourselves, take one game at a time and not talk about title, play well, keep improving, for us it's to get momentum back on, performances and continue where we've been."

Samid

New signings ruled out as Phil Jones added to squad
"I can confirm there won't be anyone coming in, so don't stay up late. Phil has been recovering from a knee injury, an operation he had, he will be included on the list and hopefully he'll get his fitness back sooner rather than later and be available to play."

Samid

Southampton preview
"I expect them to have a similar team to what we played against, a strong XI, they've got many injuries over the course of the season with the football they play, high intensity, direct, loads of energy, they've had a patch with loads of injuries, when players come back, come back too early, I've been lucky in that respect, strong and fit and healthy squad.

They've had to ask a few times I've had to leave players out with a few niggles. Hopefully they can get theirs fit soon because this season is relentless."

Samid

United's challenge for rest of the season
"We wanna keep on trying to dominate games, we need a little bit of brightness, spark up the last third, take chances, I don't like to bring these up - the momentum shifted for us with the Sheffield United game - but I've got the delegates report through from the ref and the two decisions were wrong - they admitted their goal should have been disallowed and ours should have stood.

That's a big, big momentum changer for us, when you go 1-0 up and that's fine margins and it has been the way this season, you hit the post, it foes in or out, sometimes you're lucky sometimes not, gotta focus on this game and results and performances will come."

Samid

How does Solskjaer keep side focused?
"Mental side is vital in football, it's for me the be all and end all, happy players, confident players will play better. Life is as it is, the world is as it is, we're privileged to see each other every day in training, play games, we're lucky. The mood in the camp is good, bonded well, tight knit group, 22 or 23 players we'll rotate and everyone wants to play and the more we win and play well the happier. The sun will come out in Manchester one day as well."

I'm not sure about the last sentence.

Samid

When will we see Amad Diallo in the first-team?
"We're gonna give him the time to settle in and keep showing his skills, improving, get used to England and our way, if we go from that game, I'd pick Joe Hugill. Scored four goals, should have taken the penalty and got five instead of giving it to Amad, so Amad got two.

But Amad has come in and does well in training, he's got very good, close technique, he'll open up defences, so I don't think it's gonna be too long before he's involved in a matchday squad."

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They can feck off. I'm done with football . Seriously though- we go top with that win and Arsenal match is probably again a winnable match .

Aren't they ashamed to admit it despite having VAR ? Atleast stick to what you did feckers !

SATA

They can feck off. I'm done with football . Seriously though- we go top with that win and Arsenal match is probably again a winnable match .

Aren't they ashamed to admit it despite having VAR ? Atleast stick to what you did feckers !
They’ll make up for it by giving us a 50-50 penalty in the next match or two

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

It's annoying, BUT if there goal is disallowed technically our disallowed goal never happens and who the feck knows where that game goes.

Aunt had balls and all that.

GledTheRed

When will we see Amad Diallo in the first-team?
"We're gonna give him the time to settle in and keep showing his skills, improving, get used to England and our way, if we go from that game, I'd pick Joe Hugill. Scored four goals, should have taken the penalty and got five instead of giving it to Amad, so Amad got two.

But Amad has come in and does well in training, he's got very good, close technique, he'll open up defences, so I don't think it's gonna be too long before he's involved in a matchday squad."
Pick him then don't waste a bench spot on Dan James who you have clearly lost all faith in as we all have.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's annoying, BUT if there goal is disallowed technically our disallowed goal never happens and who the feck knows where that game goes.

Aunt had balls and all that.
It's Sheffield. I would bank a home win any day when it's 0-0.

While I understand we weren't great, we just need some luck in grinding wins on days like that. The missed points are going to be so crucial come end of the season for Top 4.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It's Sheffield. I would bank a home win any day when it's 0-0.

While I understand we weren't great, we just need some luck in grinding wins on days like that. The missed points are going to be so crucial come end of the season for Top 4.
Yeah, normally I'd agree but considering how crap we were, and the fact that we did get it to 1-1 and still couldn't go on to get the win... I'm not convinced!

Red_toad

I still fondly recall how Caf residents stated VAR would solve footballs issues with regards to officials making errors. I passionately didn’t want VAR, I standby my initial reaction. Can’t even enjoy a goal now as it has to be cleared:rolleyes: and then they still feck stuff up.

croadyman

Bloody bad break for us just at the time when there was real momentum building, yes I will admit we should have done more in the game but little things like that certainly don't help a squad whose belief in themselves is questionable

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They’ll make up for it by giving us a 50-50 penalty in the next match or two
NO! they won't.
Remember Lampard did a number on them before the FA Cup semi.We had a clear penalty in that one but nothing...

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I still fondly recall how Caf residents stated VAR would solve footballs issues with regards to officials making errors. I passionately didn’t want VAR, I standby my initial reaction. Can’t even enjoy a goal now as it has to be cleared:rolleyes: and then they still feck stuff up.
Whilst I also hate VAR, it is worth noting that nothing in the Sheff Utd game changes if there was no VAR presence.

Though I guess thats why VAR is a bit naff isn't it? Cos' its run by imbeciles

MattofManchester

The ignorance, you feel sorry for them, just gotta help them
No, I really don't feel sorry for them, and frankly people who are racist deserve to be punished with something that stains them for life. They don't need help, unless help is throwing them into the insane asylum, then sure, why not.

AFC NimbleThumb

Whilst annoying, their goal actually doesn’t bother me much - DDG has been bullied so much I’ve become used to refs ignorance in that area.

What does really p*ss me off is the ref blowing up for our chance so quickly; he’d made his mind up the second Maguire moved in the direction of the ball but paid no attention to the fact his eyes were on the ball & their goalie was a mess.

Becks00

Same as Maguire should have been sent off against Arsenal... You give some, you get some.
If Maguire should have been sent off, then surely Lacazette should have been off earlier as well for doing an even worse version of ducking on Pogba.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Two clear yellows against Lacazette. Not that I complain that he was not sent off, just thought he was lucky not to be.
I can't even remember one yellow worthy challenge from him?!

I thought that people thought Bruno was the lucky one for the one on Xhaka? (I personally thought that was just a yellow)