Solskjær press conference vs Sheffield (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fat Frank's sacking
"It's not for me to comment too much on that. I know Frank doesn't want us to feel sorry for him, with his character.

I'm sure he'll bounce back and have a good managerial career. They just had one bad spell, not long ago they were top of the league. It's not many bad spells they've had."

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Just as long as Rashford and Greenwood aren't out long-term, I couldn't care less if he stripped off and starting screaming "WE'RE GUNNA WIN THE LEAGUE". Just stay injury free.

Samid

Patience a virtue?
"I'm grateful for the patience because we've had two or three really bad spells of form.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes at clubs."

Samid

Lingard and Williams latest
"They're still part of our club, training well, no deal has been struck for any player yet, there's still a little period left of course.

There's been many clubs interested in our players, so let's see what happens.

For me it's always important to take our wishes and our plans into consideration, but also the players' of course, because they are Man United people through and through."

Samid

Addressing home form
"I've said a few times, home and away doesn't really matter now. You don't have that 12th man that we normally have and we want to have back.

Our form has come through the coaching and the work the players have done. We had a few difficult home games to start with and the circumstances in those games were hard.

Now the form is good, the confidence is good and we're in a good moment, which we've got to enjoy."

Samid

Rashford latest
"Marcus is available, he trained fully this morning. He tweaked his knee a little bit but he should be fine. We are looking strong."

Samid

Diallo and Pellistri
"There has been quite a few clubs interested in Facundo to go out on loan and that's maybe something we will let him do now. He's had a few games in the reserves and we want to get him regular football in a different level.

Amad is different, he's only come in and he's training in a different scenario. It won't be long until I can bring him into the squad."

Samid

Solskjær contract talks
We haven't had any discussions yet. We looked at the squad, the situation we were in, we put a long-term plan in place. We knew there would be some patchy periods and we had to stay strong mentally.

I'm very grateful for the communication [with the club], which has been very open all the time."

Samid

United back on top?
"We're not getting carried away. The two teams who have been top of the league last few season have been incredible. Consistency.

We know this is only the start of something, we want to be competitive and keep on improving. Keep working as we do."

Samid

Just as long as Rashford and Greenwood aren't out long-term, I couldn't care less if he stripped off and starting screaming "WE'RE GUNNA WIN THE LEAGUE". Just stay injury free.
It was a tactical change? No talk of any injury.

Samid

On Mason Greenwood
"We think Mason is going to be very important in the second half of the season. But it's not going to happen by itself just because he played a good game and scored.

Mason has grown, matured, and he's been training with Edinson Cavani for half a season now. Whoever's learning from a professional like him, or Bruno, that's it. I'm very confidence that Mason will chip in with goals and assists."

Samid

What is Cavani bringing?
"Oh how long have we got?

What he brings is, you know when a striker of that age runs almost 12km... he chases down the centre-back, every time their keeper has the ball, he tackles the centre-midfielders, he makes a mistake and then gets back in his own 18 yard-box. His reaction, his work-rate, his habits, his humility... we can go on and on.

His experience and attitude has been a lesson for every single one of us."

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What is Cavani bringing?

What he brings is, you know when a striker of that age runs almost 12km... he chases down the centre-back, every time their keeper has the ball, he tackles the centre-midfielders, he makes a mistake and then gets back in his own 18 yard-box. His reaction, his work-rate, his habits, his humility... we can go on and on.

Martial feels personally attacked.

CG1010

On Mason Greenwood
"We think Mason is going to be very important in the second half of the season. But it's not going to happen by itself just because he played a good game and scored.

Mason has grown, matured, and he's been training with Edinson Cavani for half a season now. Whoever's learning from a professional like him, or Bruno, that's it. I'm very confidence that Mason will chip in with goals and assists."
Bruno and Cavani for Ole are like Pogba and Ibra were for Mourinho. Two top class professionals who can help the entire team to improve.

croadyman

Lingard and Williams latest
"They're still part of our club, training well, no deal has been struck for any player yet, there's still a little period left of course.

There's been many clubs interested in our players, so let's see what happens.

For me it's always important to take our wishes and our plans into consideration, but also the players' of course, because they are Man United people through and through."
There certainly seems a lot more noise about Jesse going out on loan than Brandon, however these quotes suggest Utd are open to him getting some first team football elsewhere as well

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent news on Marcus being fit, and good insight on Diallo. Seems he will indeed play a part in our season. Looking forward to it.

RUCK4444

What is Cavani bringing?

Wow that’s some praise that.

It must be very impressive and refreshing to see a big name veteran player come in and show as much hunger and desire as he has.

Feckin first class attitude, that’s exactly what we need, love it. :devil:

GMoore23

Bruno and Cavani for Ole are like Pogba and Ibra were for Mourinho. Two top class professionals who can help the entire team to improve.
:lol: :lol: Mourinho hated Pogba and called him a Virus. Matic was his favourite.

PJS007

I wonder why Ole' doesn't feel like Pellistri is nearly ready for the 1st team squad whereas Diallo nearly is?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Agreed, that was also the time I enjoyed most under Mourinho. We might have only finished 6th but I stand by the fact we were a better team that season, than the next one in which came second. Loved watching Ibra just as much as I'm now enjoying Cavani. Both top-class players and professionals.

Dr. StrangeHate

Diallo and Pellistri
"There has been quite a few clubs interested in Facundo to go out on loan and that's maybe something we will let him do now. He's had a few games in the reserves and we want to get him regular football in a different level.

Amad is different, he's only come in and he's training in a different scenario. It won't be long until I can bring him into the squad."
Sounds promising.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
What is Cavani bringing?

Thats fantastic

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wow Ole really loves Cavani doesn't he.
He's a managers dream. Having Cavani and Fernandes pressing from the front - I really wish the rest of the team was on the front foot too.

If only our defence didn't prefer to sit back and stay in shape we could be a well drilled pressing machine.

Gator Nate

What is Cavani bringing?

I wasn't too sure about bringing Cavani into this team, but I've seen nothing but good come of it. He's both professional and passionate on the field, and this quote from Ole is just one of several that shows Ed has earned the trust of the manager very quickly off the field, as well.

Martial feels personally attacked.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, Tony's "only" 25. He needs to be learning from Cavani, too.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
What is Cavani bringing?

I hope Martial is watching the interview

GMoore23

If you’d been a fan back then you’d know that Pogba joined summer 16, Matic summer 17 and Pogba was a Jose favourite up to the end of 17/18 :lol: :lol:
I know matic was signed the year after. Where have I stated otherwise.:houllier::houllier:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Diallo and Pellistri

Positive comments for both. I agree that Pellestri needs regular senior football - there's been occasions where I feel he's too good for the U23s. Granted, I may have not watched all of his games.

Diallo seems to have the attributes that make him a threat from the get go. Hopefully within a month he'll get his first appearance from the bench.

acnumber9

I wonder why Ole' doesn't feel like Pellistri is nearly ready for the 1st team squad whereas Diallo nearly is?
He probably thinks Diallo is a better player. His fee would also suggest it.

GazTheLegend

Wow Ole really loves Cavani doesn't he.
Who doesn't. Cavani has been an absolute revelation. People forget he was a whisker away from putting us through in the champions League as well.

Vaguely remember someone on here saying he was "slow" too but man did he put that myth to bed. Its been a world of difference from Falcaos spell but there again Cavani didn't suffer the injuries Falcao did.