Solskjær press conference vs Villarreal (N)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer on Maguire
"Harry is just going to jog up and down the side line a bit I reckon."

Samid

Solskjaer on the flight to Poland
“I'm feeling good, the difference is we flew concord to Barcelona, that was horrible. The flight yesterday was comfortable. This final, we’ll have to try and enjoy it."

Samid

Team selection?
“It’s always difficult to leave players out, but throughout the whole season, a final is a reward for what you’ve done the whole season, then if there’s a doubt between a couple then it’s the form in the latter stages. We’ll enjoy the last session and the players will get the team tomorrow.”

Samid

Shaw on Maguire
“Harry’s here, he's travelled with us. There’s another session to go and we’ll see how he is. We’re hoping he’ll be available but the main focus is for the players who are fit out there to enjoy the session today and be ready for tomorrow"

Samid

Shaw on Sir Alex Ferguson travelling with the team
"I wouldn’t expect him [Sir Alex Ferguson] to speak to us, we see him in the hotel at the moment but I think within the team we need to inspire ourselves and focus on what we need to do as a group. I’m sure we don’t need people to inspire us for the game tomorrow, as much as a legend he is.”

Samid

Fernandes on winning the Europa League
“It’s important for us to win trophies. As players we want to win, we know we represent a big club and trophies are part of this club. It’s important of course, everyone knows that. The most important for us is doing what we have to do."

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
That team selection answer almost makes it seem like he's gonna start Greenwood over Rashford.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That team selection answer almost makes it seem like he's gonna start Greenwood over Rashford.
Seems like it. In which case we’ll be seeing the McFred midfield pivot. At least with someone like Rashford on the bench offers us quality coming on

Samid

Solskjaer on what winning the trophy would mean
“We have five wins in Europa and we’ve lost twice to Barcelona. These are big nights for us, it might be the stepping stone for something better to come. It’s a bright future, this team is a young team, it’s a team we’ve rebuilt over the last few years. Hopefully, this is the start of something more.

Sir Alex is with us we know the 26th of May is Sir Matt’s birthday, but when players sign to play for Man United, they sign to win trophies. They accept the challenge of being the best, because this is the best club in the world so that’s the pleasure of the pressure of Man United"

Samid

Fernandes on playing in front of the United faithful
"We know our fans are important. As we’ve seen over the last year, football without fans is such a different sport. To have them back again, another game in a final is really good for us and I hope they can enjoy."

Samid

What did Solskjaer learn from the 1999 Champions League success?
“What did I learn? Trust your team, trust your gut instinct, I’ll tell the subs that aren’t starting that they might have to play a big part from us. It’s happened before.

Be disappointed, be angry with me, but be ready when you come, and whoever starts, make sure you enjoy it because you don’t play too many finals in your life."

Samid

Solskjaer on Sir Alex Ferguson
“Some of the players and staff went to see his documentary. I sat there thinking about this man and what he’s done for the club, I’m sure Luke sitting next to me felt the same. He’s a special man and he’s like an encyclopedia of football, even though I got him on a quiz question yesterday. One of the players got the answer before him, I’m sure he’s not happy at that.

Just to have him around when we eat, in the restaurant, if the players wonder about something they can ask him, he’s always available for a chat because this is the club of his heart and I hope he enjoys tomorrow night because I have to say I owe most of my career to him and this club."

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Genuinely think there's a strong chance Harry comes on in the 93rd minute if we're comfortable

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Solskjaer on Sir Alex Ferguson
“Some of the players and staff went to see his documentary. I sat there thinking about this man and what he’s done for the club, I’m sure Luke sitting next to me felt the same. He’s a special man and he’s like an encyclopedia of football, even though I got him on a quiz question yesterday. One of the players got the answer before him, I’m sure he’s not happy at that.

Just to have him around when we eat, in the restaurant, if the players wonder about something they can ask him, he’s always available for a chat because this is the club of his heart and I hope he enjoys tomorrow night because I have to say I owe most of my career to him and this club."
No matter what I love Ole. United legend.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Seems like it. In which case we’ll be seeing the McFred midfield pivot. At least with someone like Rashford on the bench offers us quality coming on
Don't think anyone expects anything but a mcfred pivot. He's played that in pretty much every big game this season. The three questions are Axel or Bailly , De gea or Henderson and Rashford or Mason. You could make a case for all of them but I think Ole will go seniority and pick de gea, bailly, Rashford.

red_de_pologne

Shaw on Maguire
“Harry’s here, he's travelled with us. There’s another session to go and we’ll see how he is. We’re hoping he’ll be available but the main focus is for the players who are fit out there to enjoy the session today and be ready for tomorrow"
Apparently doesn't even take part in the training session.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Although he's wearing his school uniform, this picture was taken five days ago.

Those crutches look suspiciously like legs to me.

That's either a very impressive design or...

Wait a minute, those aren't crutches, they're real legs!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Maguire hasn't been on crutches for at least a week!!

No doubt he has been in some form of very light runnning, I still believe he will be fit with a pain killing injection to sort any potential niggle that he may still have.

arthurka

Jones forgot how to keep tight lines. This gap would be enough to split any defense.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Do we always have to take the piss out of poor gargoyle bonce

rotherham_red

How can anyone read some of these quotes and not want him to be a success here, I will never know. What a man!

I'm strangely more confident about tomorrow than I was when I woke up today. Everyone involved in the press conference just seems to ooze a quiet confidence.