Solskjær press conference vs Wolves (H)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Press conferences are a waste of time: Pogba / transfers he can't mention / players return updates dates he can't give / every game is important … blah, blah, blah!

The press have no interest in talking about the forthcoming game. They are fishing for sound-bites to contort into click-bait headlines.

If our consistent inconsistency is anything to go by then I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we lost to Wolves at home then became the first team to beat Liverpool this season :houllier:
I'd take that probably. If only to guarantee I don't have to hear "we've got the longest unbeaten run ever la" for the next 50 years.

cyberman

10:07
On the Deloitte report
In terms of United as a club. The Deloitte report says United are at risk of not being the richest English club, is that a symptom of poor on pitch performances or a wider issue?
Has the manager of a major club really been asked about the fecking Deloitte money league?

Comet49

There doesn’t seem to be any highlights of this match on terrestrial tv, thought there would be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's pretty conclusive to me. Ole doesn't deny it, and says no news "YET"

Fair to say we're still haggling but I suspect it'll happen.

youngrell

Still talking the talk about where United should be, challenging for the Prem and Champions League.

Talked of being a couple of years behind.

Well the way we drag out heels in the transfer market, that will be right.

Spurs already wrap up one Fernandes quickly. While the Bruno 'signing' if it happens drags on and on. And I'm not just talking this window.

We should already be negotiating for the summer window but all these deals seem scattergun with not enough forward planning.
Yes, I can see how a loan deal and a £60m + permanent transfer are equal in terms of getting them across the line, especially as the players have the same surname :rolleyes:

Ranchero

Yes, I can see how a loan deal and a £60m + permanent transfer are equal in terms of getting them across the line, especially as the players have the same surname :rolleyes:
Erm. You clearly don't know about loan deals...and in particular this one which has an option to buy at a particular price.

KekiZeki

We can't expect managers to answer transfer questions, anything you say that's presumptious can only hurt the negotiations. If you want "transfer upadates" press conferences are the last place to look.

Bestietom

At the end of the day, Woodward will pay the asking price like he did with Maguire and AWB, so why not just get it done with.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
At the end of the day, Woodward will pay the asking price like he did with Maguire and AWB, so why not just get it done with.
There was a funny video on youtube demonstrating how Woodward negotiates.
It's pretty much as you described.
Though in the video, for laughs they make it so that after negotiating, the price Woodward pays, is actually higher than the original asking price.

I have no issues with us over-paying on transfer fees. Sometimes, this is necessary to get business done with the selling club, but the wages we pay bear no relation to the quality of player we are buying. I believe it is Matt Judge who negotiates player wages, but whoever it is, should be fired for doing such a bad job.

RedDevil@84

It's still a shite post

calling fans who support our manager cultists is pretty toxic
Wait what? Since when. Anyone who didn't shout LvG out or Jose out we're termed cultists.
It is kind of a tradition now

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There was a funny video on youtube demonstrating how Woodward negotiates.
It's pretty much as you described.
Though in the video, for laughs they make it so that after negotiating, the price Woodward pays, is actually higher than the original asking price.

I have no issues with us over-paying on transfer fees. Sometimes, this is necessary to get business done with the selling club, but the wages we pay bear no relation to the quality of player we are buying. I believe it is Matt Judge who negotiates player wages, but whoever it is, should be fired for doing such a bad job.
Matt Judge negotiates player transfers AND player contracts. Ed Woodward oversees it all.

So not sure why Ed is getting flak here.

chromepaxos

Don’t mate you’ll upset the ole for manager cultists. He is very busy.... he has a smiling coaching session lined up
This guy is cracking me up. In the three posts I've seen from him today he has:
  • accused anyone who supports our manager of being cultists;
  • boasted about how many *A-levels* he has (God-DANG that is funny);
  • suggested that having a lawdegree makes him special;
  • states clearly that anyone who hasn't played footie as much as him should just shut up.
He's clearly a lovely fella.

Gasolin

This guy is cracking me up. In the three posts I've seen from him today he has:
  • accused anyone who supports our manager of being cultists;
  • boasted about how many *A-levels* he has (God-DANG that is funny);
  • suggested that having a law degree makes him special;
  • states clearly that anyone who hasn't played footie as much as him should just shut up.
He's clearly a lovely fella.
This guy being? BR7?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Matt Judge negotiates player transfers AND player contracts. Ed Woodward oversees it all.

Dude is obsessed with Woodward. It's basically all he talks about.

mu4c_20le

C’mon Phil you know what I mean. The fans who think he should be and should remain as manager. Lazy typing I thought I’d get away with it.
What the heck is a smiling coaching session? More like drunk typing.

POF

Because as his boss Ed has overall responsibility and Judge only got the job because he's Ed's mate from university.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Don’t mate you’ll upset the ole for manager cultists. He is very busy.... he has a smiling coaching session lined up
I can't fathom why someone like Ole has so many cultists. I mean, does he even has A levels? :mad:

alexthelion

as you've been told many times in other threads, we didn't pay the asking price.

Why do you persist with this?