Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

Eriku

Looks good on paper. But within 2-3 years IF (if ole's plan going according to plan) we would have our own set of mercenaries by then.

If next year we're somehow challening for the title you can bet the curreent good guys would demand a big contract, martial rashford lingard etc would be on much higher wages.

High wage comes witu being a united player. Regardless.
If they’ve helped bring us to the title race then a wage rise is in order. That’s quite different to bending over for Sanchez and the like before a ball is kicked.

ghagua

But generally they are on the up over a given length of time they have been fantastic, Division 1 in 08-09 to winning the PL in 15-16, this whole "a certain team has a certain status and they should stay in it" needs serious revision. The game has moved on massively in the last 10 years.
Never mentioned Leicester's "status" and that's where they belong. I said that they were struggling to stay out of the relegation zone after winning the league title, but suddenly with great coaching, they are challenging for the title once again. I was one of the few on here who said that Leicester City were going to win the league when they did when most everyone on here said they would fall apart.

soralapio

Fans have failed to grasp this. 4 wins in the PL is poor, whatever board. The board might be crap but they have spent £150m this summer.

If you had a proactive manager, we would have signed Tielemans, Ziyech and Bruno Fernandez all on decent prices.
[citation needed]

This whole "it's Ole's fault United didn't sign X" narrative is ludicrous, and I have no idea where it's coming from. Do you seriously think he didn't want a midfielder? A striker? He was talking of hoping to sign more players right until the close of the window. Maybe the fault lies more with Woodward literally spending 4-5 months haggling Maguire's price down a couple of million, and not being able to get deals done in time? And what's more, by all accounts Fernandez was never moving in the first place beyond the wild dreams of muppets, because he was massively overpriced and not that keen on the move to begin with. But yes, it's Ole's fault, just like when I slipped on ice yesterday. If we had a manager who knew his job I would've stayed upright! And I could stand to lose a few pounds too, get it fecking sorted, Ole!

romufc

[citation needed]

This whole "it's Ole's fault United didn't sign X" narrative is ludicrous, and I have no idea where it's coming from. Do you seriously think he didn't want a midfielder? A striker? He was talking of hoping to sign more players right until the close of the window. Maybe the fault lies more with Woodward literally spending 4-5 months haggling Maguire's price down a couple of million, and not being able to get deals done in time? And what's more, by all accounts Fernandez was never moving in the first place beyond the wild dreams of muppets, because he was massively overpriced and not that keen on the move to begin with. But yes, it's Ole's fault, just like when I slipped on ice yesterday. If we had a manager who knew his job I would've stayed upright! And I could stand to lose a few pounds too, get it fecking sorted, Ole!
Citations required on the bold part.

Ole wanted to sign English / British players, which is well known by everyone.

The board sanctioned £150m spending and we have 5 wins up until December. Let that sink in.

The managers job is to get the team playing too.

So we are the only team who cannot find midfielders? Spurs agreed personal terms with Bruno Fernandez.

Tielemans wanted to come to United.

PaulRich

Whilst I’m fully in the Ole in camp, the last two results have put him on thin ice.
Newcastle and Burnley next. Needs 6 points - draws could finish him.
Yep. Any loss against these two would surely render his position untenable.

Strelok

Yep. Any loss against these two would surely render his position untenable.
I doubt he'd get the sack even losing both.

Imo this season is pretty much a write off and he'll get the support from Ed as long as we're not in danger of relegation and until CL football next season is impossible. And despite I'm still really unhappy after the last match, rationally us being relegated has same chance to happen as us winning the league. He'll stay here for at least another 4 months I think.

So may he starts to kick things up otherwise it's gonna be painful, really painful for us fans.

Roboc7

He’s here until the end of season unless it gets even worse maybe. We won’t win the next two games just like we were never going to win the previous two, nothing will change.

Question is whether he will be here next season at the moment I would say he will be but the club must already be having serious doubts.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't see him beating Moyes points total in 13/14. That was 57 I think so you need a much better points total than you've managed in first half of the season just to get near to 60 points.

Looking at your fixtures you've got loads of tough away games left. Ironcially you do o.k in them given you won at Man. City but can't just bank on going and winning at likes of Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool so will be plenty of points dropped.

Think OGS will see out the season and it will be a mutual consent decision a few days after the season ends. He could save himself by winning the europa though.

Sweet Square

I'm not sure what people are expecting, all season long we've been great against the big teams and shite against the smaller teams. This isn't going to change over night.

The Spurs and City games showed this team has the potentially to beat the best(It also guaranteed Ole the job for the rest of the season), calling for the sack over yesterday result seems silly.

C3Pique

It's not just yesterday though is it, it's Everton Crystal Palace, West Ham, 6 wins out of 18 or whatever it is, half a season and we're below Sheffield United, level on points with NEWCASTLE, ffs.

M16Red

Yesterday there was no fight or drive, that is firmly on Ole's shoulders.

It reminded me of when Moyes was in charge.. we didn't look up for it.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The Spurs and City games showed this team has the potentially to beat the best(It also guaranteed Ole the job for the rest of the season), calling for the sack over yesterday result seems silly.
No, it shows the way the team is set up is that we can beat the big teams on the counter as they allow us more space. Against the lesser teams who are happy to sit in, we haven't got a Scooby, and that falls squarely on the management/coaching staff.

Being unbeaten against the top 6 means absolutely feck all if you can't beat the other 13 teams in the league, as that's where you accumulate most of your points from, hence we are where we are.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not just yesterday though is it, it's Everton Crystal Palace, West Ham, 6 wins out of 18 or whatever it is, half a season and we're below Sheffield United, level on points with NEWCASTLE, ffs.
Bournemouth, Newcastle, Southampton (who had 10 men for a good 20 mins). It even extends to last season. Smashed 4-0 by Everton, played an already relegated Huddersfield and was played off the park losing 2-0.

Mid 30 percentile or thereabouts. Woeful.
Ah, cheers.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No, it shows the way the team is set up is that we can beat the big teams on the counter as they allow us more space. Against the lesser teams who are happy to sit in, we haven't got a Scooby, and that falls squarely on the management/coaching staff.

Being unbeaten against the top 6 means absolutely feck all if you can't beat the other 13 teams in the league, as that's where you accumulate most of your points from, hence we are where we are.
I'm not so sure I agree. We didn't do much against some good sides who weren't just soly there to be parking the bus.

Nickelodeon

The support outlined to him doesn't showcase any desire that he'll be sacked regardless of the result. More mid-table mediocrity beckons.

Nickelodeon

What's his win % since being perm?
30 points from 25 games. Also, we've lost more matches than we've won in the same period across all competitions.

Still the biggest disgrace for me is making Lingard captain Manchester United.

JESSE FECKING LINGARD

Sweet Square

But if thats the case then it should also apply to when we win the against the likes of City. Or are we just picking and choosing when to hate Ole ?

The situation isn't great(And isn't going to change overnight) but we've seen the potential of this team(Playing the league champions off the park for 30 mins away).

The rest of the season will mostly likely be very similar to what we've already seen, lots of awful performances mixed in with some great ones(we won't make the top 4)and maybe a good cup run. Tbf after Pogba got injured, I'm not how anyone could expect anything more(The United squad for the most is pretty average with some great potential as well).

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
But if thats the case then it should also apply to when we win the against the likes of City. Or are we just picking and choosing when to hate Ole ?

The situation isn't great(And isn't going to change overnight) but we've seen the potential of this team(Playing the league champions off the park for talk an hour).
What? Pointing out that the management team only seem to have one setup isn't hating Ole.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Barring a complete implosion, I can see him being allowed to stay on for the 2nd half of the year and re-assessed at end of season, at which point he won't have any excuses since Rashford is having his best year yet, Greenwood has emerged as an impactful option off the bench, and Pogba is back from injury. If we don't finish strong and in a top 4 slot, he will be gone imo.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There was stat they put out on MOTD 2...1 win in 11 or 12 games this season when you've had more than 50% possession in the game.

Sweet Square

What? Pointing out that the management team only seem to have one setup isn't hating Ole.
No but putting the full blame on the management for yesterday game and dismissing the results against City and Spurs, as if management clicked the counter attack option and left training earlier is well......picking and choosing when to have a moan about Ole.

Strelok

Barring a complete implosion, I can see him being allowed to stay on for the 2nd half of the year and re-assessed at end of season, at which point he won't have any excuses since Rashford is having his best year yet, Greenwood has emerged as an impactful option off the bench, and Pogba is back from injury. If we don't finish strong and in a top 4 slot, he will be gone imo.
Winning Europa League would save him regardless of how and which position we'd finish imo (of course not in relegated zone).

As long as we have CL football next season Ed will be more than happy to give him another one. Same thing with Jose in his first season and we all know Ed I think.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
No but putting the full blame on the management for yesterday game and dismissing the results against City and Spurs, as if management clicked the counter attack option and left training earlier is well......picking and choosing when to have a moan about Ole.
If it was a one off then you may have a point. My gripe is that we haven't had a clue how to beat teams that don't come at us for about 9 months now. How long is going to take to click, any ideas? It seems you have an emotional attachment to Ole and won't hear any criticism of him. My criticism is not just of Ole but the whole coaching staff. We are one dimensional and living in the past as far as tactics are concerned. I can't see how we are all of a suddenly going to get better against the teams we should be beating when this pattern has been happening for ages now.

Robbie Boy

Works both ways on here. We win, the 'Ole in' camp proclaim it as great work from Ole, we lose and it's all on the players, poor referee decisions, missed chances etc.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Looks good on paper. But within 2-3 years IF (if ole's plan going according to plan) we would have our own set of mercenaries by then.

If next year we're somehow challening for the title you can bet the curreent good guys would demand a big contract, martial rashford lingard etc would be on much higher wages.

High wage comes witu being a united player. Regardless.
This is like me saying, well, what if Kim Kardashian, Charlize Theron and Scarlett Johansson are all desperate to date me, what should I do. Who should I pick?
It's never going to happen and it would idiotic to even think about this scenario.

We are mid-table club.
There is absolutely no way that we can be challenging for the title anytime soon.
I would go so far to say that while Woodward is in charge we will not put in a title challenge, so if we assume Woodie stays in charge for at least 10 years, that's how long (minimum), it'll be before we challenge for the title.
The club has zero ambition for a title challenge.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one is dismissing results against City and Spurs.

You can't regularly underperform against sides and then go "yeah but what about City and Spurs". Its not enough for fecksake.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If one assumes Poch is an option but only in the summer, the choice is basically do we do better with Ole or a caretaker.

Given the staff currently there can't coach some decent football, can't assume it'll work out well with them.

So then what do you do? Keano to yell at them for 6 months?

I think the board have made their bed and will have to lie in it til the summer. And it's extraordinarily sad that Ole will bear the brunt of it.

AshRK

He’s here until the end of season unless it gets even worse maybe. We won’t win the next two games just like we were never going to win the previous two, nothing will change.

Question is whether he will be here next season at the moment I would say he will be but the club must already be having serious doubts.
I think his position will be reevaluated for sure. If we end up 8th or 9th and don't win the Europa then he is a goner. Surely even Woodward cannot be that naive. But yes I cannot see him getting sacked before the season ends.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yesterday there was no fight or drive, that is firmly on Ole's shoulders.

It reminded me of when Moyes was in charge.. we didn't look up for it.
I get that a manager can be a great influencer of players and I'm not sure if Ole is tough enough on them (though none of us know what goes on behind closed doors... I hope he laid into them yesterday).

But, regardless of your manager, you've got to have a personal pride to give more than they have been in some games. Players have got to take some of the blame here... this pathetic look, head down, "woe is me" attitude gets on my nerves.

Whoever your manager is, whatever the score is... absolute bare minimum is you run your arse off.