Solskjaer should resign now to retain his great legacy at Utd...

L1nk

We're closer, in the league, to 14th, than we are 4th

It's so so damning.

R'hllor

Dunno how out of touch you can be if you think Ole is this or that, has club interest at heart as number one prio and all other dumb shit. Money for himself and his family trumps everything below and this is not dig at him, not at all.

Swivel Hips

What I find disconcerting is that Sean Dyche was on the touch line shouting and cajoling his players pretty much whole of the match, United‘s management team just sat on the bench. Also every one of those Burnley players absolutely run their guts out for 90 minutes, every time united had the ball, they pressed all over the pitch, they may not be the best players in the world but that were well organised and determined. I believe it’s mostly down to coaching, yes we have had a few injuries and the squad is a bit thin but Dyche tactically got it right and Ole had no answers.

SqueakyWeasel

But that distinction actually matters.

Before he signed that contract the players didn't know who they were going to have to impress to stay in the team, what system they were going to end up adopting, were not really being coached at all by Ole, had very little pressure on them and were on a high after the end of the Mourinho "sack me ffs" first half of the season.

The pressure and the expectation and the relevance of the coaching methods only began when Ole signed that permanent deal. And that is the exact moment everything fell apart.
Keep telling yourself that :lol:

Abusian

And walk away from millions of money? I highly doubt that mate. Even he'd know that sooner or later Ed is going to sack him.
That’s unfair. Ole is not about the money at all, he’s trying his best for the club he loves. Sadly his best doesn’t seem to be good enough but to accuse him of money grubbing is below the belt, IMO.

BR7

A few people on here saying we have to separate ole the manager from ole the player but this then raises the question how did he get the job as the manager in the first place, as caretaker?

Because of his CV winning the equivalent of a pub league or because he was a club legend as a player? He was brought in as a mouthpiece for the glazers and he accepted. This completely affects his position as a club legend in many people’s eyes and I do not think think its unreasonable to go either way with this argument.

But Ole, I said it from day one, you were never good enough to manage the club. Your CV sucked

MrSingh2002

He should resign but he won't. He'll need to be sacked but don't think Ed wants to sack his lapdog of a manager.

Josep Dowling

People on the assumption things are suddenly going to get better if we sack Ole need to wake up.

He’s not a great manager but we need change above him. Say we get Poch in, he will have his targets in the transfer market, chances are we will still be haggling over the transfer fee when we could have signed the player 3 months before.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
That manager bounce when Ole came in changed everything. The idea was to have Ole as a caretaker for 6 months until another manager would take over. The players which you can not fault them for, played for the manager and badge, which gave an indication of a possible fairy tale of a club legend who’d bring the club back to where it belongs, on the forefront of the most competitive football league in the world. 13 months later, (with all the factors included on and off the pitch), the club has its worst start to a season since 30 years. The club is in a serious state of emergency and you have to wonder wether this club will see any silverware in the upcoming decade(s). That is how serious this issue has become. Ex players have now targeted the board more definitifely and match going fans can not even be bothered anymore to finish the game on their seat. These are ‘encouraging’ developments, however, the underwhelming pitch performances only add more fuel to the fire. The reality is that Ole as an inexperienced manager, carrying the burden of a rebuild proces, is more likely then not heading towards a failed project. The blame game is more nuanced. Every person involved in this project has to be held accountable. There is no chance that the manager is sacked while the board survives another season thrown into the bin. Or is there? With this club at this point in 2020, you actually never know.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Agree with this. Not doing well, is one thing. Selling your soul and your defending inept owners to cling to your job is another.

Defending this regime while doing as badly as he is doing, will harm his legacy.

It will be impossible to talk about the player without recalling his role in this mess.

He should resign if he truly loves the club.
He will eventually tarnish his image with the club for sure if he continues to back the leeches who have really ruined Manchester United.

LoneStar

That’s unfair. Ole is not about the money at all, he’s trying his best for the club he loves. Sadly his best doesn’t seem to be good enough but to accuse him of money grubbing is below the belt, IMO.
I'm sure he's doing his best and wants the club to do well. But we are talking millions here, surely anyone would be foolish not to think twice in that regard.

arthurka

Not a chance he will throw away millions by leaving on his own. Ed got us into this he will need to sort out.

Adcuth

Can someone explain exactly why he's gonna care about the club over money? He's not a youth product, spent most of his time injured like some other players that get shit around this forum. He scores goals...so did tevez. Is it cause of 99 that you want him to carry on attempting do to a job he isn't qualified for? He'll not give a shite about our results, our league position or when he gets sacked. But he sure as feck isn't resigning and losing his pay out. He's not that much of a club legend. Just was there at the appropriate time to consider him one. "Money or Utd" should be our new fecking slogan. Guess what everyone takes?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
If he really loves the club he should resign and desert an injury-hit young squad who are struggling to handle expectations whilst also helping save the club some money so it can go towards the next Glazer dividend.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Serously mate? He's not the first player turned manager to have a hard time being at the helm (examples: Souness, Evans, Robson and Keane just on the top of my head) Should he still be manager? No. Will his possible qutting put Man United in a better position? No. Does all that touch his legacy as a Man United player. Feck no.
Strange examples mate. Roy Evans played 9 games for Liverpool and had them playing some good stuff at times. I think he won them a League Cup too.

Robson and Keane never managed Manchester United.

But Souness?? You mean the European Cup winning hero who took over a club, and after initial success, made bad decision, after bad decision, setting the club back years and eventually left, a derided and often hated figure by fans of the football club that had once adored him?

That Souness?

Last edited:

norm87cro

Look all three mentioned players except Evans were not that good of managers but are remebered fondly as Mufc/Liverpool legends. So why shouldn't the scorer of probably our greatest goal in club history enjoy the same luxury?

Giggsy13

Ole is out of his depth but so is Woodward, which is the much bigger problem. I would liked to have seen Ole with a starting 11 of his preference. 3 bloody signings, which is not good enough.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Dunno how out of touch you can be if you think Ole is this or that, has club interest at heart as number one prio and all other dumb shit. Money for himself and his family trumps everything below and this is not dig at him, not at all.
I'd be surprised if it's about anything other than the challenge and history of Man Utd. But he's nowhere near good enough and I doubt he has the reflective insight to see that. He's always seemed to me to be naive, with no gravitas whatsoever. But I wouldn't think money is what he's in it for, at all. Think it's more noble than that, just misguided.

Denis79

Ole will always have a special place among United fans for those who experienced his time here as a player, no matter what. Sadly he's not the man to take us forward as a manager.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He's picked his side. His comments protecting Ed and the Glazer's prove he's the puppet we all feared when he was given the job permanently. He's going to ride this out and unfortunately it will tarnish his legacy in the eyes of many, myself included.
I suspect they're manipulating him by saying that if he revealed the truth about the difficulties behind the scenes it would harm the image of the club, and so to protect the club he loves Ole says nothing. But you can't help a club or a person by lying. The healing begins by facing reality.

Ed Woodward has no "football brain", if he ever make a good appointment it will be luck. He needs to go back to marketing, that's what all his work amount to anyway. The board is just full of Glazers who also know nothing about football, so it's down to the manager to make all the decisions, impossible in the modern game. We must have a Director of Football and we have to demote Woodward.

And the Glazers are so ignorant of the nature of football that they can't tell a crisis from a normal fluctuation. They won't act until it's far too late, I suspect. Honestly I can't see the end in sight, as far as competing at the top anytime soon, it will take those changes before it's possible.

R'hllor

I'd be surprised if it's about anything other than the challenge and history of Man Utd. But he's nowhere near good enough and I doubt he has the reflective insight to see that. He's always seemed to me to be naive, with no gravitas whatsoever. But I wouldn't think money is what he's in it for, at all. Think it's more noble than that, just misguided.
He aint stupid, he knows if this blows, thats it, back to Norway. He wont get same contract anywhere else so he wont resign, in worst case, he cash in for the sack and go home.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He aint stupid, he knows if this blows, thats it, back to Norway. He wont get same contract anywhere else so he wont resign, in worst case, he cash in for the sack and go home.
Maybe so. Just my hunch that this is not a huge motivating factor for him. Don't get that vibe. But what do I know!

passing-wind

Give Poch the job in the summer, publicize it, allow the players to play Ole out the club until the end. If it's not Poch then go for a Rose / Tuchel.

shabz

Ole will always a be a club legend, you cant blame him for not being good enough. He was sought after and was happy managing Molde. He was given the contract to manage his dream club, of course he would take the role. He probably understands that walking away from the club will leave us in even more shit than now and at least while he is here, he can try to do something. He will be gone in the summer regardless of what happens but he shouldn't be the one blamed for what is happening here.

SCJY

United are in a worse spot they've been in in over 30 years.

Ole will always back the board and the owners because if they go, he goes. No new owner will want to keep Ole as manager. Look at City, as soon as the new owners came in, Mark Hughes was booted.

Ole should be out, but the owners and Woodward out first!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Solskjaer will resign if Ed Woodward will tell him to do so and it's not happening anytime soon.

Seij

"Ole is sacrificing his legacy out of his love of the club. He deserves so much better". - Fan after 0-2 home defeat to Burnley.

Figured this comment would fit well here.

Foxbatt

He wouldn't have scored THAT goal if not for Teddy Sheringham. So lets give him the gigg then? Teddy scored the equaliser and set up that goal for Ole.

Foxbatt

"Ole is sacrificing his legacy out of his love of the club. He deserves so much better". - Fan after 0-2 home defeat to Burnley.

Figured this comment would fit well here.
I see that there are people who are so blind that they cannot see what is in front of them.