Solskjaer speaking about Eikrem

lysglimt

Scout
Solskjaer was asked about Magnus Eikrem in norwegian newspapers and said the following:

"His development is going in the right direction - he reminds me a bit about myself when it comes to physical development. But he will probably be a bit bigger than I am. I have told him to be patient. Once he is fully developed - he will be a fabolous player. "

Sounds like Ole believes in Magnus

Decotron

Next year is a massive year for him. The clock is ticking somewhat for him. Injuries have hampered his development ala Fletcher once upon a time.

Classy and technically gifted hopefully physically he catches up.

Decotron

Theres a hell of a lot of competition in Petrucci whos younger and probably destined for greater things. With Drinkwater and even Brady coming through hes up against it imo, but you can never tell with some youngsters. If he steps it up again next season you never know.

westlife4ever

Eikrem reminds me of Markus Neumayr, who I liked a lot. Hopefully Magnus will at least have a decent career, not necessarily with United, but certainly better than Zulte Waregem (Belgian First Division) where Neumayr plays now.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Next year is a massive year for him. The clock is ticking somewhat for him. Injuries have hampered his development ala Fletcher once upon a time.

It's all about the physical side. I know everybody hates the "we just need to bulk him up" kind of comments, but he does seem so lightweight.

lysglimt

Scout
Eikrem reminds me of Markus Neumayr, who I liked a lot. Hopefully Magnus will at least have a decent career, not necessarily with United, but certainly better than Zulte Waregem (Belgian First Division) where Neumayr plays now.
Eikrem is very good at what he is good at, but not good enough at the stuff he is not good at :)

His passing and set-pieces = Premier League class...

The rest ... nah

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things

Always feel I should point out that the coaches were saying when we signed him that they didn't expect him to make any sort of impact on the first team until he was at least 20-21 because of his size. It often seems to be forgotten. I think he's still just about 18 isn't he?

Decotron

Always feel I should point out that the coaches were saying when we signed him that they didn't expect him to make any sort of impact on the first team until he was at least 20-21 because of his size. It often seems to be forgotten. I think he's still just about 18 isn't he?
He only turns 19 in August so time is still on his side somewhat. I did hear that comment about his development aswell. I still think its an uphill task but the ability is there for all to see.

Tribec

I've not seen enough of Eikrem to make a judgement, so going on this comparrison, he sounds technically gifted, however for me Neumayr was a bit lazy and should have gone on to greater things. Has Eikrem got a greater work ethic? If so, he'll certainly make a better career than Neumayr.

Bammy

I think he needs to be given more of a chance in centre midfield,is often just stuck out on the wing,and his style of play doesn't suit it imo. Great passer of the ball.

datura

I think he needs to be given more of a chance in centre midfield,is often just stuck out on the wing,and his style of play doesn't suit it imo. Great passer of the ball.
He's probably the best crosser of the ball we've had in the youth ranks since Beckham though, so I can see why they play him there. He is also quite elusive although not a natural winger.

lysglimt

Scout
He's probably the best crosser of the ball we've had in the youth ranks since Beckham though, so I can see why they play him there. He is also quite elusive although not a natural winger.
He is a Beckham-light. Not that talented of course - but his strengths and weaknesses are very much the same

westlife4ever

I've not seen enough of Eikrem to make a judgement, so going on this comparrison, he sounds technically gifted, however for me Neumayr was a bit lazy and should have gone on to greater things. Has Eikrem got a greater work ethic? If so, he'll certainly make a better career than Neumayr.
Yes Neumayr's work rate wasn't the best, so Sbragia made him the captain to put more responsibilities on him. He improved quite a lot in his last two seasons at United. From what I've seen of Eikrem, he's a willing runner and always trying to help the defence (even tho he's not quite good at defending becus of his small physique).

Technical wise, Neumayr and Eikrem are very similar, both play in the Beckham way. Eikrem's crossing is marginally better but Neumayr was absolutely deadly from freekicks.