Solskjaer's contract

arthurka

He is doing a fine job and the club is going in the right direction. Hope he keeps on building for the future. Still need to play better football.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Think it’s too early. He’s not exactly going to leave us so why not wait til the end of the season? We love giving out contracts prematurely.

Foxbatt

They gave Moyes a 5 year contract and sacked him after 8 months.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If they give him it now they are just asking for the backlash if things go badly in the last few months. There's no rush. Get top 4 again (maybe a cup) and then give him a new deal. It would be the first back to back top 4 finish we've had since Fergie if he does it so it will be deserved.

I just don't see what we stand to gain by doing it now.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Deery

Dreary
Solskjaer must be one of the luckiest bastards in the world to go from Molde to one of the biggest clubs in the world and only be expected to get top 4 to get a £9m a year contract, truly amazing how United throw money about.

Not that I dislike Ole or anything but I don’t see us really winning anything for the next 3 years with him at the helm but I suppose he has done enough.

ShinjiNinja26

2 losses in our last 26 games, dreadful form.
We are far from being assured top 4 at this point and we’re certainly not guaranteed to win any of the cup competitions we remain in. So handing out a new contract is premature at this point considering things could still potentially go tits up.

Wayne's World

Okey

Can't make this up can you? What on earth is the justification for contract talks before the season is over? This better be empty rumour.

Deery

Dreary
Can't make this up can you? What on earth is the justification for contract talks before the season is over? This better be empty rumour.
MOTD seem to have confirmed it also at the end of the programme I think it’s very much true.

laughtersassassin

MOTD seem to have confirmed it also at the end of the programme I think it’s very much true.
Oh FFS. When will we ever learn? Backed into a corner now. Next week better go well and the rest of the season.

I really worry for this club. We are very consistent in our daft decisions.

tomaldinho1

I just don’t get it, what possible benefit does it have doing it now? Just added pressure.

ColvaleGoa

Well it's all set up to blow up the social Media tomorrow. It's the clicks that matter not points or victories to the owners!

edgecutter

We are a shit show in the board room. How on earth can the Glazers allow Woodward to remain in charge I will never know.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a horrendous idea , sums up what a terribly run club we are . Ole is lucky to be managing a club like this and it's ridiculous that we are even in discussions about a contract at this stage . You just know what is going to happen now , everyone apart from the people running the club can see it .

AshRK

Too soon. This is the worry I have with this board. They don't learn.Let the season finish and then we can decide. Ole is not going anywhere so why this hurry.

Gazza

You don't "reward" someone with a new contract, you give one based on the prospects for future progression. I really don't think Ole is a smart investment in that regard. Let's hope it works out!

Buffalo Bills

Same as De Gea, no where else to go so what's the sense of giving and or improving his contract until the end of the season.

I think that it does matter whether he finishes second or wins a cup. It's a results industry and we're definitely not playing attractive football for the majority of the time.

edgecutter

Same as De Gea, no where else to go so what's the sense of giving and or improving his contract until the end of the season.

I think that it does matter whether he finishes second or wins a cup. It's a results industry and we're definitely not playing attractive football for the majority of the time.
They could have left it till the international break. At least by that stage we would know if we were still on course for a cup. It's complete madness to award him a new deal.

Renegade

Surely we’re not worried about another team snapping him up? How about see how this season plays out?

el3mel

Giving him a new contract just now will be an absolute madness and a proof nothing has changed in how football is being run in this club.

L1nk

This club is finished and will meager about in mediocrity for years and waste the careers of the likes of Rashford. We will not win anything significant under Solskjaer, you can quote me on that and come back to this post whenever you want.

Womp

idiot
Not for the parasites that own us. All they ask for is top 4 without any drama. Ole should be able to do that with a few more record braking transfers.
Ya, what's baffling though, is even from their perspective - this makes no sense. You'd think they would be looking for the best and most progressive managers out there, so the increased results makes them more money/gets the fans off their back too. Instead they're 'rewarding' a coach half way through a season with a new contract, when 2 and a half years into his managerial reign, there are still huge question marks over his coaching ability.

We had a good start to the season, I get that, but quite a few people considered whether or not that was sustainable and lo and behold, our performances as of late have reverted to what was expected.

Whether you're Ole in or out, coaches shouldn't be rewarded with new contracts, they should be earnt. Especially not half way through a fecking season, when both results and performances are still leaving a lot to be desired as of late. It's hardly as if Ole is fecking going anywhere.

I can't even put this management down to stupidity anymore, it's bordering on pure arrogance. These are mistakes they have made time and time again.

Robindinho

Why?! God, I hate our board... Just wait till the end of the season ffs.

2 and a half years without a trophy, could quite easily be out of the EL and FA cup within the next week.

That’s ok though - so long as we’re in the top 4. Doesn’t matter how many points behind 1st we are or how much of a scrap it is getting in there (like going to the last game of the season last year). Not to mention the shite football. feck off.

Wayne's World

This club is finished and will meager about in mediocrity for years and waste the careers of the likes of Rashford. We will not win anything significant under Solskjaer, you can quote me on that and come back to this post whenever you want.
I just wonder about Bruno, imagine this time next year and we are still 15+ points off first and only talking about top 4 again. I reckon he'll hand in a transfer request in private and who could blame him. He didn't join this club to be fighting to be in the CL every season

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Ya, what's baffling though, is even from their perspective - this makes no sense. You'd think they would be looking for the best and most progressive managers out there, so the increased results makes them more money/gets the fans off their back too. Instead they're 'rewarding' a coach half way through a season with a new contract, when 2 and a half years into his managerial reign, there are still huge question marks over his coaching ability.

We had a good start to the season, I get that, but quite a few people considered whether or not that was sustainable and lo and behold, our performances as of late have reverted to what was expected.

Whether you're Ole in or out, coaches shouldn't be rewarded with new contracts, they should be earnt. Especially not half way through a fecking season, when both results and performances are still leaving a lot to be desired as of late. It's hardly as if Ole is fecking going anywhere.

I can't even put this management down to stupidity anymore, it's bordering on pure arrogance. These are mistakes they have made time and time again.
They dont want the best and most progressive managers out there, because those managers will want to win trophies and will demand, transfers and staff maybe even bringing in their own coaches etc, the way the Glazers have set things up now they have a yes man in every position of the club. No drama and CL money from 4th spot every year. Thats all they want. We will be a top 4 club from now on, probably never win the league or CL ever again.

RedDevilzFox

I just wonder about Bruno, imagine this time next year and we are still 15+ points off first and only talking about top 4 again. I reckon he'll hand in a transfer request in private and who could blame him. He didn't join this club to be fighting to be in the CL every season
People always say that but he wasn't exactly winning UCL after UCL at sporting. And it seems he wasn't on many radars either. So instead of playing apologists maybe we should be holding our players accountable for taking us to UCL win. Not that I am suggesting Bruno isn't doing his part mind you.

Foxbatt

They dont want the best and most progressive managers out there, because those managers will want to win trophies and will demand, transfers and staff maybe even bringing in their own coaches etc, the way the Glazers have set things up now they have a yes man in every position of the club. No drama and CL money from 4th spot every year. Thats all they want. We will be a top 4 club from now on, probably never win the league or CL ever again.
This is exactly what I said too. A top manager is going to demand the players required for trophies. We are doomed. But they will sacrifice Ole once he doesn't start winning and the sponsors start questioning.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Waste the career of Rashford?! The state of the club was the only reason he broke through when he did. If he came a decade earlier he would be sent out on loans until he was 20-21 and who knows if he would’ve survived the loans and tackled the serious competition for places at the time. If anything his United career has been massively enhanced because we’ve been poor.