Solskjaer's legacy and his future

He'sRaldo

If Rooney could damage his legacy by puting himself before the club, I don't see why the same doesn't apply to Ole.

Him waiting for the sack payoff is no different than Jose, and even worse than what an outsider in LVG did. At least LVG offered his resignation when things weren't going right.

Robbie Boy

Done some good work, that has become massively overstated due to a lack of on-field success. Was glad he got us out of the Jose era and brought back some positivity, but should never have been appointed as full time manager. I appreciate the positives, but for me, the negatives outweigh them.

abailey123

Ole will always be a legend. I’ve been Ole in until the last 3 weeks when it’s clear we need change.
Nothing will change the memory of 99, one of my best moments growing up.
He’s also stabilised us after the Jose storm. A new record unbeaten away.
He’s took us as far as he can but that will never change his legacy at the club 20Legend

Revan

Assumptionman
He'll always remind me that sportfans will only support you if you win.
Why it should be different? It is not an allegiance to the king, for crying out loud.
[/QUOTE]
We went from Young, Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Pogba, Matic, Lingard, Pereira, Lukaku, Mata to
---------------------- Shaw, Maguire, Varane, AwB, McFred, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo.

If the next manager succeeds immediately it will most definitely be because of the squad building we've done the past 3 years.

If the next manager fails and it takes another 4 years and hundreds of millions more down the drain I will accept that we haven't really rebuilt the squad well.
He had three years to win something or do some progress. He miserably failed.

I won’t give him any credit if the next manager turns out to be good and win stuff for us. No one would have given any credit to Mourinho if Ole won the league for example, so we should be consistent with this.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Why it should be different? It is not an allegiance to the king, for crying out loud.
You mistake me.

I mean that fans will only support the manager and the team when they win. If they lose its always negative, and always a blame game. No comforting shoulder, only demands and criticism. Matchgoing fans are pretty chill, they lift the mood and keep cheering on be it hard or good times. Its good that there's no live feed from the internet to accompany that vibe.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
To whatever mod just deleted my post with my opinion re online fans only supporting the team and players when its going well: I didn't break any forum rules so I'll take my leave permanently if thats the way you're moderating discussion.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His legacy will remain untarnished. He is a legend at the club and rescued us from dark times under Mourinho. Its not his fault that we gave him the contract when his job was done.

Red Star One

I’m very sad for this but these are lows we haven’t reached with any of our post-SAF managers and considering the amount of talent in that squad what Ole is doing is absolutely criminal. He might as well be remembered as our worst manager in decades and the one to have wasted such a team, so much time and money. And don’t defend him by saying it’s all Glazers fault not to have sacked him - after three years Ole should be fully aware he’s miles off other manager in the league, his comments on keeping going and us being so close to what he wants show that he puts himself over the club, which is exact opposite of the United DNA.

As a player? Unquestioned.

As a coach? Moyes with shinier toys.

DeGea

Ole needs to go if he wants to remain a legend at the club. If he resigns with dignity, people will respect him more. He is starting to be a bit delusional now I think, and this is due to his overzealous optimism. He cannot see the facts for what they are.

KingCavani

A resounding failure. Basically a charity case we held on to because he was the Glazers perfect little puppet.

dove

Legacy? One of the worst managers to manage United in quite some time, no doubts.

led_scholes

Awful coach. The worst we ever had the last 50 years and probably one of the worst - if not the worst- in the league now.

And probably an awful person too. The way he treated Romero (and DVD now) in the EL campaign shows how he views the players. Jose for all his toxicity, kept Romero as a starter even when it was our only chance for next year's Champions League.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Awful, awful manager. He’ll always have 99 but I’m almost bitter it was him that scored that goal rather than anyone else. Just feck off and never show your face again. Twat.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Awful coach. The worst we ever had the last 50 years and probably one of the worst - if not the worst- in the league now.

And probably an awful person too. The way he treated Romero (and DVD now) in the EL campaign shows how he views the players. Jose for all his toxicity, kept Romero as a starter even when it was our only chance for next year's Champions League.
Agreed. Walks away with millions too.

Red Star One

Add to that his record of rushing with injured players and selecting them in the staring eleven even if unfit - all that only to save his ass when his job was on the line. Always putting himself before the club or players, comes across as very narcissistic and egoistic.

Roboc7

He’ll be remembered as a laughing stock that left behind a big mess. Will just get worse the longer he is here, personally will just forget about his managerial spell and remember the player.

The Hilton

Some serious overreaction in here.

As a caretaker manager he was an unqualified success.

As a full manager he was decent until the start of this season, the only one post Fergie who's been able to back up a top 4 finish, but this season our performances have fallen off a cliff, and it's time to go.

MoskvaRed

Since Ole likes a boxing analogy, he’s been more Audley Harrison than Tyson Fury. I really do hope he leaves after this match so as to preserve a shred of dignity.

RUCK4444

Some serious overreaction in here.

As a caretaker manager he was an unqualified success.

As a full manager he was decent until the start of this season, the only one post Fergie who's been able to back up a top 4 finish, but this season our performances have fallen off a cliff, and it's time to go.
My thoughts exactly. But this is real bad now, it’s dropped off a cliff this season.

I just hope we have somebody like Ten Haag lined up.

UnitedFire

Another record today to add to the Liverpool one....

First City derby at Old Trafford with an own goal scored against us! This might bit seem like an Ole problem and it mostly isn't, but the lack of closing down of the cross by Fernandes and the lack of sharpness by Bailly are arguably down to Ole's management.

Fernandes too comfortable, lack of intensity all round.

Bailly new contract and doesn't get used over Lindesoft and injured Maguire.

Roboc7

A decent spell that took us forward...but we are at the point now where he’s taken us as far as we can go.
Hasn’t taken us forward though, will leave us where we were three years ago. Jose is remembered as being toxic because that’s what he left, Ole will be remembered for the shit show he’s leaving.

Kopral Jono

Untarnished as it should and we'll move on when he gets sacked. As much as a fraud he is as a manager, he was a legend for us as a player and is responsible for one of our greatest moments as a football club.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
[
If this was an actual respectable forum, the likes of you would be banned. Pathetic.
Excuse me for caring about the state our club is, rather than wanking myself off to Solksjaer’s Gollum face and moaning “Ooh I’m such a top red baby”

SAFMUTD

I was very young when Ole scored that 99 goal, so I'll remember him more like the shitty loser manager he is rather than the talisman player he was.

But that's just me.

UnitedFire

Hasn’t taken us forward though, will leave us where we were three years ago
I'm starting to debate this myself, but im sure good players are underperforming from poor management rather than suddenly all becoming crap!

The longer this rot goes on the more good players will become shit. Sancho, VdB, Bailly, Telles, Dalot all being wasted.

Idxomer

Untarnished as it should and we'll move on when he gets sacked. As much as a fraud he is as a manager, he was a legend for us as a player and is responsible for one of our greatest moments as a football club.
But also one of the worst which hurts his overall legacy.