Solskjaer's legacy and his future

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You reach a point where you surely just have to walk away? The incompetence is crazy.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'll always have time for Ole the player, that's my age showing...but Ole the manager, I can't wait to see the back of him. No trophies, shit football, baffling decisions and general incompetency.

I won't be surprised if the younger posters around here who didn't watch him play hate his guts and I won't begrudge that. If Jasper Olsen took on the United job and fecked up as much as Ole, I'd be thinking this guy is the fecking idiot who had zero credentials getting the job and then failing miserably at it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His legacy ad a player will be a good squad player who had great moments for us.

Past that - a man who was deluded beyond belief into thinking he was a good manager if he doesn't walk away.

PoTMS

So he picked us up when we had just finished a distant second in the league and then started the new season in shambolic form languishing in midtable. We are now exactly back in that situation except we've spent the best part of £500m with feck all to show for it. What progress have we made?

The Bloody-Nine

So he picked us up when we had just finished a distant second in the league and then started the new season in shambolic form languishing in midtable. We are now exactly back in that situation except we've spent the best part of £500m with feck all to show for it. What progress have we made?
"Mentality". "Passion". "Attitude". "Atmosphere". And other made up nonsense.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
(Assuming this is solely about the managerial legacy) — It’s diminishing by the day. As @Fortitude said in the sack thread; any good he has done is very drastically being whittled away by having him overstay his welcome with total shit on a stick panic stations tactics.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
A fantasy football manager. Spent a load of money on big names and that’s as far as the grand plan went.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oles legacy - top 4, mediocre coaching and us bring trophyless being the expectation.

::sonny::

Playing with the player who are friends with, even if they are unfit, till they’re getting seriously injured

Look today with Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire

Varane, Rashford last season

A real clown

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Well yeah, he spent over 400 million. Anyone can do that.
Not true. This has been done by our other managers and we have struggled.

He is a rubbish manager but has helped our squad.

Time for him to go because the squad value his better than him aswell.

Djemba-Djemba

If he'd gone in the summer say, even without winning anything I think he could have left with his head reasonably high.

Very good squad on paper, back to back top 4 and never losing the dressing room. It would have been decent.

Now his time will be looked back on as a complete and utter disaster.

The Bloody-Nine

Not true. This has been done by our other managers and we have struggled.

He is a rubbish manager but has helped our squad.

Time for him to go because the squad value his better than him aswell.
It's absolutely true. Which hidden gems has Ole unearthed? Zero. Any member of the Caf could have bought the players he has.

UnitedFire

No manager walks away. Too much money left on the table.

He isn't getting another PL or even Championship job so he'll hang on for the payoff.
Not just the pay-off, his stock right now is very low. He might just tinker his way to some success and suddenly things are better for him....then again he might get us relegated next year with the level of growing incompetence.

Revan

Assumptionman
For me, at this stage, his legacy is being the worst United manager in my lifetime.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's absolutely true. Which hidden gems has Ole unearthed? Zero. Any member of the Caf could have bought the players he has.
Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinhk all left us in a place where people were asking us to have a bench like City.

Our City now has players like Rashford, Sancho, Van De Beek, Bailly, Lindelof, Players who were once our starters.

Proves alot but again it's a sad period where we are dissapointed in Ole so it's he has done nothing in 3 years.

If you see that then that's fine.

As I said we have Varane over Bailly, Sancho over Sanchez, Bruno over Mkhitarayan etc.

Ole needs to go today.

OverratedOpinion

Could have been quite solid, based on getting rid of some bad players and some decent signings.

He is totally ruining it now.

The Bloody-Nine

Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinhk all left us in a place where people were asking us to have a bench like City.

Our City now has players like Rashford, Sancho, Van De Beek, Bailly, Lindelof, Players who were once our starters.

Proves alot but again it's a sad period where we are dissapointed in Ole so it's he has done nothing in 3 years.

If you see that then that's fine.

As I said we have Varane over Bailly, Sancho over Sanchez, Bruno over Mkhitarayan etc.

Ole needs to go today.
We agree on the last part, at least. Sadly, I don't think he will.

Roboc7

We’re miles better off squad wise.
Depends on next manager, who he wants and doesn’t want, can he turn around flops like Sancho and DVB.

Anyone thinking Ole will be remembered for progress is living in a dream world. He’ll be remembered for leaving behind a broken mess just like Jose.

thesheriffjw

Its been an absolute shitshow

There is no legacy. Utd are going backwards. Again

No fight. No orgsnisation. No tactics. No clue

City have had one of their easiest game and not so much as a fight from a utd player

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
(Assuming this is solely about the managerial legacy) — It’s diminishing by the day. As @Fortitude said in the sack thread; any good he has done is very drastically being whittled away by having him overstay his welcome with total shit on a stick panic stations tactics.
This has to be the end now; we're a nothing team. A complete non-entity drifting aimlessly from game to game whilst OIe's tactics get increasingly more desperate and completely about self-preservation.

There's nothing left to even say by now; we're so, so bad.

Revan

Assumptionman
His record is still better than SAF/Klopp after 180 matches
His record is not as good as Klopp’s after the same amount of matches. But that is besides the point, considering the starting squad for both, and the money they spent (Ole more than any other manager in the world, Klopp relatively nothing).

Mentioning SAF in the same sentence as Ole should be ban-worthy by itself.

NK86

Legacy - a good player. An absolutely shite manager.

fergieisold

Depends on next manager, who he wants and doesn’t want, can he turn around flops like Sancho and DVB.

Anyone thinking Ole will be remembered for progress is living in a dream world. He’ll be remembered for leaving behind a broken mess just like Jose.
rubbish - he’s improved the squad hugely, and rightfully so given the money. He’s got us playing decent football at times but I admit the last period has shown he’s not good enough to take us any further. Things don’t have to be polarised as either good or bad.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I dont know. He's supposed to have improved our defense but its shit. Our midfielders are shit and pogba is leaving. Sancho hasnt showed anything so far. Bruno is a hit. Ronaldo and cavani has been decent additions so far. But he's spent a fortune and we are having a terrible season far and have won feck all.