Some positivity for the international break

croadyman

i guess the point it, should we cut off the nose to spite the face and sack ole even with no plan in place to improve.

fans now saying max allegri guarantees success, same as they said about mourinho and lvg, who had both won the title at every club they had bee at before they joined us.

i understand if people want a fresh approach but a real danger we go backwards again, and the new manager gets rid of players that we have just brought it. it is no wonder city have the best squad in the league and we have a terrible squad despite our squad being comparably expensive to theirs, it is that the squad is made up of players that suit ferguson, moyes, mourinho, lvg and ole and plenty of square pegs
We shouldn't need to rip up everything again with the next manager but I do fear that could well happen if we go down the Allegri/Simeone route, however if we picked someone Ten Haag/Nagelsmann then I feel that the transition would be much smoother but that is a few years away looking at public statements.

Idxomer

The road to mediocrity is always filled with some positivity.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
My positives:

1. After 29 matches we have almost wrapped up top 4.
2. With Maguire, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw and AWB we have the basis of a very good defense.
3. Bruno is one of the best AMs around.
4. Pogba is one of the best players in the world and is a joy to watch when playing well.
5. Greenwood, Diallo, Shoretire... are some of the most exciting youngsters around.
6. Rashford can be brilliant on his day and maybe maturity will bring more consistency.
7. Ole is great with man management and can be great with tactics.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We will probably finish top 4 next season too. Probably 4th though as Chelsea and Liverpool will be back. But so what? We will still be playing the same bad football, definitely not the United way. Double pivot, 4231, 6 at the back scraping 1 goal wins. That's not going to change.
Isnt that to cover for our lack of defensive pace centrally? ie the double pivot

We can be positive! We're where we are and yet Martial and Greenwood have not had good seasons to date. So the potential is there. Being in less competitions can help us with recovery and with potential fixture headaches. The players have to learn from their mistakes. Why is it bad to pass sideways in your own final third and yet acceptable to pass it to someone just outside the box when you've three of their players swarming round about. You don't take chances in your final third. They should look to clear it and win the second ball. Kick it out of play if needs be and put a press on them and win it back higher up the pitch. I hope we learn from our mistakes. But we're not 1,000,000 miles away. Our confidence levels are bipolar but on our day, we can do well. A few good buys in the market and you get players buzzing

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The sooner we accept that we are not what we used to be - a ruthless footballing powerhouse, the easier it will be for us to stomach the sporadic inconsistencies of this side.

I've given up comparing this squad to the achievements under Sir Alex. Circumstances change and right now we are in a different place both technically and ambition wise.

It's all not doom and gloom because things consistently change. Just look at Liverpool...

I didn't see the white text saying 'Brought to you by your local Glazer propaganda branch', so I'll assume this is actually serious.

You people have no standards.
United can no longer claim to be at the same level of ambition as City, Chelsea, Real, Barca etc we’re content to just be top 4, a few years out of it and maybe that might also become acceptable... no different to Arsenal.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People are forgetting that we didn't sign one single player or even alternative for our priority signings/positions to upgrade & improve our XI. How can you expect us to do better than last season without improving the XI, he was set up to fail by the board and yet the reality is we are still on likely track to finish higher points than last season. Just imagine if we actually sign one or two to upgrade/improve our XI last summer.

norm87cro

Who is actually a top manager? People use that term as if they have the slightes idea of who that actually is. I'm not defending OGS I just don't see that many on the market currently. The suposed top managers Pep and Poch are unrealistic targets. The Red Bull bloke prehaps? Somebody like Allegri? We can argue that both LVG and Jose were top managers at some point but were past it at United.