Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

Fully Fledged

Absolutely. I hate what he did but no excuse fpr the racists. Zero tolerance
Absolutely. You can have a go at his behaviour without ever bringing his race into it.
Even then it's one thing to moan about him on a forum like this but don't attack him on his own personal media outlets.

RUCK4444

That's what VAR is. It's a bunch of people sitting in a van watching a tv. As technology goes it's crap.
Absolutely. It’s not even the most basic technology, unless you class ‘TV Screen’ as technology!

All VAR does is provide the already inept officials with more wiggle room to f*ck things up.

Take yesterday as the perfect example of this, ref sees the whole thing play out in real time, doesn’t whistle for a foul, is happy it was unintentional and a perfectly good goal. THEN provide the same feckin idiot with a TV and a few minutes for the cogs to backfire in his brain and he forgets what he saw live and overturns a perfectly good goal through nothing but idiocy.

Fully Fledged

Absolutely. It’s not even the most basic technology, unless you class ‘TV Screen’ as technology!

All VAR does is provide the already inept officials with more wiggle room to f*ck things up.

Take yesterday as the perfect example of this, ref sees the whole thing play out in real time, doesn’t whistle for a foul, is happy it was unintentional and a perfectly good goal. THEN provide the same feckin idiot with a TV and a few minutes for the cogs to backfire in his brain and he forgets what he saw live and overturns a perfectly good goal through nothing but idiocy.
Totally agree.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
He definitely made the most it but I think more of the criticism is since it was against Man Utd. For example Rashford and Marital are much worse at this. Martial is currently the biggest diver in the game and I remember a horrific swan dive by Rashford vs Spurs that earned him a penalty instead of obvious yellow card.
feck off.

Cloud7

I don’t recall Son being like this pre Mourinho. He was one of the more universally liked players in the league, and while Poch’s Spurs did have a propensity to turn thuggish when things didn’t go their way, I don’t think I ever saw anything as bad as this. Can’t help but feel this is some Mourinho influence here.

Halftrack

As has been noted, similar happens to Dier, he doesn't react, goal stands. The 3 points can be the difference between making CL or not. It's a huge thing.

Most appropriate use of "don't hate the player, hate the game". Yes, getting a finger on the cheek isn't a big deal, but if you don't make the contact visible then nothing happens and you lose games, potentially.
Referring to it as "making the contact visible" is an extremely charitable description. Son clearly knew it wasn't a foul, given that he went down clutching his left eye from a finger brushing his right cheek. And even then, it's not the fact that he took a dive that has people fuming, it's that he faked injury for several minutes, including having the medical team come on the pitch and put a fecking neck brace on him, and his teammates standing around being "worried" about his non-existent injury. Even Busquet's infamous "peek between his hands to see if it worked" moment comes off as sportsmanlike compared to the embarrassment served up by Son yesterday.

Ace of Spades

Referring to it as "making the contact visible" is an extremely charitable description. Son clearly knew it wasn't a foul, given that he went down clutching his left eye from a finger brushing his right cheek. And even then, it's not the fact that he took a dive that has people fuming, it's that he faked injury for several minutes, including having the medical team come on the pitch and put a fecking neck brace on him, and his teammates standing around being "worried" about his non-existent injury. Even Busquet's infamous "peek between his hands to see if it worked" moment comes off as sportsmanlike compared to the embarrassment served up by Son yesterday.
This, the annoyance does not come from the dive, but the extent to which he did.

It was pathetic, plain and simple. He was down for almost 5 minutes for a tap in the face. If every player started doing this for every small contact, we will hardly see any football being played in the game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This, the annoyance does not come from the dive, but the extent to which he did.

It was pathetic, plain and simple. He was down for almost 5 minutes for a tap in the face. If every player started doing this for every small contact, we will hardly see any football being played in the game.
Had the physio on and everything acting like it was a proper head injury. Should be booked for time wasting.

lsd

The Oracle
I don’t recall Son being like this pre Mourinho. He was one of the more universally liked players in the league, and while Poch’s Spurs did have a propensity to turn thuggish when things didn’t go their way, I don’t think I ever saw anything as bad as this. Can’t help but feel this is some Mourinho influence here.

Son has always dived and had a nasty side to him then feigns innocence afterwards. You can't blame Mourinho this time

Dinghy

This. He felt a slight touch in the face, clearly knew VAR would have a look and stayed down the whole time it took to review it for the best effect of having the goal overturned and for a possible red card for Jarhead. Should be a fecking 3-games ban minimum for bringing the game into disrespute. Most disgusting thing I've seen on a football pitch for a long time.

cjj

Supports
Spurs

If you watch it, it's actually a bop in the nose. I'm not a physio so I don't know the process, but they might have to check for nosebleeds etc.

I wouldn't pay any attention to what "paid to cause a furore" pundits like Roy Keane say. If someone does similar to the man sack, you can be down for 20 mins, so I wouldn't really like to judge how much something might hurt or take the wind out of you based on replays etc.

From the reaction, you'd think he did the face clutching thing where a player gets hit in the chest (or not even hit) and grasps his face, yet he holds his nose after being struck in it :confused:

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree saying this on a United forum, mind.

(note, if you think it's a 'slight touch', pay attention to the movement of Son's hair, McT's inner arm etc on impact. It's not a full on thwack, but it's more than a 'slight' touch)

cyberman

If you watch it, it's actually a bop in the nose. I'm not a physio so I don't know the process, but they might have to check for nosebleeds etc.

I wouldn't pay any attention to what "paid to cause a furore" pundits like Roy Keane say. If someone does similar to the man sack, you can be down for 20 mins, so I wouldn't really like to judge how much something might hurt or take the wind out of you based on replays etc.

From the reaction, you'd think he did the face clutching thing where a player gets hit in the chest (or not even hit) and grasps his face, yet he holds his nose after being struck in it :confused:

(note, if you think it's a 'slight touch', pay attention to the movement of Son's hair, McT's inner arm etc on impact. It's not a full on thwack, but it's more than a 'slight' touch)
If that drops you then boxers arent human. Thats ridiculous.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
If that drops you then boxers arent human. Thats ridiculous.
It's not boxing, so it's irrelevant. In boxing, you're heavily penalised for dropping.

As explained previously, players wouldn't have to go down if referees basically didn't use that as the criteria for calling a foul.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Wasn't it Poch in charge when he broke Andre Gomes's ankle from (what I remember to be) a pretty pre-meditated attempt to leave one on him? Albeit the actual break wasn't directly his fault

FujiVice

His hair is moving because he's turning with McTomminay. Its less than a slight touch in the context of this being a physical game. Which is is. If this is a foul, then Rashford should be in hospital getting his jaw wired by that very game logic.

Terminator

Hopefully not too badly injured, needed a concussion test and everything.

Strangely he looked completely fine after the goal was ruled out.

cyberman

It's not boxing, so it's irrelevant. In boxing, you're heavily penalised for dropping.

As explained previously, players wouldn't have to go down if referees basically didn't use that as the criteria for calling a foul.
What im saying is if thats a knockdown blow then the shots boxers take should kill a normal man. Its fingers to the cheek ffs. Its jot even the diving thats the worst part, its the 20 minutes of medical attention after thst hes being mocked for.

Baneofthegame

I think it’s never a foul, if you were to miss out on the CL or something like that as a Spurs fan for this decision you would be fuming, Spurs fans knew it was incredibly fortunate.

He doesn’t deserve the racist abuse or any abuse directly though, completely unacceptable.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
link please! :)
This is a retweet of someone who replied to the guy ... he sells merch too (it's not me!) and I'm having both those cups :) You can get the 'alternative MUFC commentary' Twitter from there.

This is the Redcafe thread...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/alternative-mufc-commentary.461340/

Each one has some funny lines. City's ugly players, Rio as "a BTec Ashley Banjo", Shelvey as "EDL", "leaves a dead Jesus on the post", etc

paulscholes18

Only clip I could find (most get pulled). But shows..

(1) the ref was in a perfect position to view the entire incident live - as opposed to Rashford incident (not referred) where he couldn't
(2) McTs fingertip catches Son roughly on Sons right cheek? He goes down holding the left side of his face.... NO-ONE deserves racist abuse but he deserves to be lambasted as the cheat he is. The Spurs players/medical team don't come out looking great either though maybe give them benefit of doubt that they took Sons reaction as true
(3) Why only show a second of the replay to the ref and in slowmo? Taking it completely out of context... doesn't show Son trying to pull McT or that McT is a natural 'get off' reaction. If that was rugby, ref would say show me more/full speed and conclude it was natural... as did every ex footballer (regardless of club allegiance) including Jenas!
(4) To come out at HT and say it wasn't his natural running action shows a complete lack of understanding of how footballers move/react and VAR (Pawson?) and ref should be suspended

:lol: , will need to remember to keep an eye out for those videos after each match now, reminds me of that Liverpool one a few years ago.

I think it is a slight touch but given who we support respectively, sure we'll have different opinions.

The hair things nothing, Sons motion.. hair moves, it's just that.

You say nose, I though right cheek but let's say it was the nose.... why go down holding his LEFT cheek?

Oh. Keane... he slams United players and would've if that had been one yesterday. But what about an ex City and ex Spurs/Liverpool player agreeing with him?

What about Jenas (ex Spurs) agreeing?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think it’s never a foul, if you were to miss out on the CL or something like that as a Spurs fan for this decision you would be fuming, Spurs fans knew it was incredibly fortunate.

He doesn’t deserve the racist abuse or any abuse directly though, completely unacceptable.
But as spurs fans know - especially at the hands of united (Pedro Mendes 'no goal') - we've been on the wrong end of these for years. Our first CL final was screwed up within a couple of mins of starting because mane kicked the ball at Sissoko's armpit. There was the Dier "handball" versus newcastle. Even going back years, the strange year we were kicked out of the CL when chelsea won it, then they revoked the rule. Further back there was lasagne-gate. etc, etc.

It's football. It didn't even matter. I think people are expending energy on something which is practically part of every match now, and in comparison this is diluted to hell. I'd be infinitely more enraged seeing Salah act like he'd been in a 100mph car crash because a defender touched his shoulder.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You can’t possibly be serious with this shit?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think it is a slight touch but given who we support respectively, sure we'll have different opinions.

The hair things nothing, Sons motion.. hair moves, it's just that.

You say nose, I though right cheek but let's say it was the nose.... why go down holding his LEFT cheek?

Oh. Keane... he slams United players and would've if that had been one yesterday. But what about an ex City and ex Spurs/Liverpool player agreeing with him?

What about Jenas (ex Spurs) agreeing?
Any pundits. Jenas isn't really "ex spurs" in only that he played for us. He's ex-Forest, ex-Newcastle, and left spurs in reasonably sour circumstances, so I wouldn't expect him to be impartial (part of the reason he's been successful at punditry). I'm pretty convinced Jamie Redknapp argues with Keane because it gets somewhat viral coverage.

This is more of an issue to me - not just with football. There are people doing the TalkSport model now, where winding people up over non-issues is big business, but it spills over into society. Pundits and broadcasters should be taking some responsibility for the abuse that happens on social media.

But as spurs fans know - especially at the hands of united (Pedro Mendes 'no goal') - we've been on the wrong end of these for years. Our first CL final was screwed up within a couple of mins of starting because mane kicked the ball at Sissoko's armpit. There was the Dier "handball" versus newcastle. Even going back years, the strange year we were kicked out of the CL when chelsea won it, then they revoked the rule. Further back there was lasagne-gate. etc, etc.

It's football. It didn't even matter. I think people are expending energy on something which is practically part of every match now, and in comparison this is diluted to hell. I'd be infinitely more enraged seeing Salah act like he'd been in a 100mph car crash because a defender touched his shoulder.
You're right, Spurs (and every club) have had shite decisions... The Nani one still annoys United fans.

But I think the difference here is the reaction Vs the actual 'contact' PLUS the reaction of the Spurs players/medical staff.

Yes players get nudged and go down too easily (I'd lambast them for that too) bit this feels like crossing a line and everyone (depending on their personal beliefs and which club they support) will have their own opinion of what that line is.

For me (and a lot of fans going by this and social media... btw, I've seen Leeds fans! Liverpool, City, Spurs fans saying dived), it wasn't taking a 6/10 nudge to an 8/10 to buy a foul, it was taking a 0.5/10 fingertip to an 8/10 then continuing the charade because the VAR replay was ongoing.

imo.

Any pundits. Jenas isn't really "ex spurs" in only that he played for us. He's ex-Forest, ex-Newcastle, and left spurs in reasonably sour circumstances, so I wouldn't expect him to be impartial (part of the reason he's been successful at punditry). I'm pretty convinced Jamie Redknapp argues with Keane because it gets somewhat viral coverage.

This is more of an issue to me - not just with football. There are people doing the TalkSport model now, where winding people up over non-issues is big business, but it spills over into society. Pundits and broadcasters should be taking some responsibility for the abuse that happens on social media.
You missed out Micah Richards (sure it was an accidental omission). He hates United (he can be straight in comments but there's definitely no reason for him)

Missed this, just noticed.

So it's ok because United won regardless?

Zen

Unless you're a modern day elite level player - you're probably never going to convince that's anything more than soft. Because it is... and in 98% of Football it isn't a foul, but the true top level competition it is. I've more or less accepted it, Son's thing didn't bother at all.

It's been noted that players at the absolute top are trained this way by some coaches(although most likely - most), Son's risking nothing by doing - but Spurs gained a disallowed goal and with other refs, potentially getting the offending player a yellow card or in this case, his second and off, thankfully not.

On a personal level - is it worth the abuse you are inevitably going to get? Guess that's up to the player....

spiriticon

But as spurs fans know - especially at the hands of united (Pedro Mendes 'no goal') - we've been on the wrong end of these for years.
I feel for you but I honestly don't give a feck about Spurs misfortunes. That's for your lot to lament.

When Son the cheating scum does it to us though, feck him. And it's not just him (although he was the highlight), Spurs were eating turf pretty much all match yesterday trying to get our players sent off a la Lamela. No doubt based on Mourinho's instructions.

Dirty, detestable team.

Member 101269

Bop? Nose?

Sorry chick i'm not buying what you're selling.

1) Son wasn't playing the ball was was assaulting McSauce. No, he bopped him on the chest.
2) He got his cheekbone. Unless you think his nose is on his cheekbone.

PGMOL to Sky Sports read: ‘It wasn’t part of McTominay’s natural running movement and it was careless.’ So, where were Son's hands on McSauce?

Lappen

Exactly my thoughts! They have some players that I think is awful and always have been, but like this I can't remember tottenham...