Son Heung-min

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Turned into a really good player over the last 18 months or so. Personally, really like watching him play. What does the Caf think? Only 25, an option (cheaper than others) that we should look to explore?

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I like that you think we can just waltz in and grab him from spurs at a minimum, you are however deluded in this respect and he would cost us a fortune from a club who do not have to sell.

In the meanwhile there are better options in German(where he was bought from) and elsewhere.

Walters_19_MuFc

Cheaper? You do know he's at Spurs, right?

Anyway, good player. Like yourself, I love watching him play, but we need to be focusing on the right hand side. Son is beter on the left.

Di Maria's angel

I like that you think we can just waltz in and grab him from spurs at a minimum, you are however deluded in this respect and he would cost us a fortune from a club who do not have to sell.

In the meanwhile there are better options in German(where he was bought from) and elsewhere.
Never said that we could take at will.

red4ever11

Turned into a really good player over the last 18 months or so. Personally, really like watching him play. What does the Caf think? Only 25, an option (cheaper than others) that we should look to explore?
Kind of depressing that there is many spurs players threads as Utd players threads on the caf at the moment!

Di Maria's angel

Well he's not a cheaper option than others either, he'd cost at least around the 30mil + mark in today's market. There are cheaper and more available wide options elsewhere.
At 30 million, he would be a very good option. Not sure who you would get for much cheaper?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
You're dreaming if you think anyone can buy him for 30m. Levy would probably want double that.

arthurka

Son came with a great hype to Tottenham.. He was class at Hamburger SV and moved to Bayer with great things expected of him.. He has been on a similar trajectory at Tottenham still scoring the same as with both HSV or Bayer around 20 goals in every 60-70 games..

ArseHat

He was good in Germany, scored some great goals, but tended to drift in and out of games as most (wide) forwards do. Obviously can shoot with either feet and pacey. With the way he’s continued at Spurs, he’ll probably cost 40m+ and at least 50m+ to another premier league club.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I think he might be up there with the most under-rated players in the PL. Versatile (can play wide on either flank or upfront), works hard, two-footed, great finisher and quick.

As for signing him - I doubt he'd be a cheaper option. This is Spurs we're talking about, and he's probably one of the most valuable squad/rotation options in the PL when you think about his quality, versatility, energy and the fact he doesn't cause any problems when he's left out of the squad.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well he's not a cheaper option than others either, he'd cost at least around the 30mil + mark in today's market. There are cheaper and more available wide options elsewhere.
Emphasis on the plus there, Gylfi went for £45m from Swansea to Everton, Son from Spurs to United? You'll be looking at least £60m! We need to start doing a Chelsea, buying and loaning untill they become good enough.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Emphasis on the plus there, Gylfi went for £45m from Swansea to Everton, Son from Spurs to United? You'll be looking at least £60m! We need to start doing a Chelsea, buying and loaning untill they become good enough.
Yeah, pretty much a hugely conservative estimate by me(or just plain wrong), however I really don't think we need to be doing a Chelsea as even that system has barely reaped any rewards for Chelsea themselves in terms of top first team talent. The key is good early scouting with a wide net followed up by being ruthless in getting the right players early.

Zoo

Meh he started really well last season too then went off the boil somewhat.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's a good player but not first XI material and that's why he doesn't start regularly for Spurs when everyone's fit. He played lots of minutes last season but Eriksen-Alli-Kane was the main front trio.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yeah, pretty much a hugely conservative estimate by me(or just plain wrong), however I really don't think we need to be doing a Chelsea as even that system has barely reaped any rewards for Chelsea themselves in terms of top first team talent. The key is good early scouting with a wide net followed up by being ruthless in getting the right players early.
I agree but without criticising Mou too much, we won't put up with the early years of the likes of Son, so loaning them out and to then give them a chance (unlike Chelsea) would be the way to go.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Son came with a great hype to Tottenham.. He was class at Hamburger SV and moved to Bayer with great things expected of him.. He has been on a similar trajectory at Tottenham still scoring the same as with both HSV or Bayer around 20 goals in every 60-70 games..
He got 21 in 44 games last season..

Munkehboi

Being South Korean, dosent he have to do minimum two years of national service before turning 30? I remember our Park was let off due to being a key player and reaching the semi finals of a World Cup. Can't see South Korea repeating that feat again anytime soon.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Meh he started really well last season too then went off the boil somewhat.
By off the boil you mean 7 goals & 3 assists in the last 10 PL games of the season?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Sorry goal every 3 games.. He has around 30 goals in 90 games for Spurs... 20 goals every 60 is pretty much the same rate ..
But he had basically 1 in 2 last season so he's obviously improving his goal scoring which is only natural as players progress. You can't say he's basically done the same thing for years when he's blatantly improving his goal scoring.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He's my 2nd favourite non-United player after Aguero. Would break the bank to nab him. Swap him for Mkhitaryan any day of the week.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He's a good player but not first XI material and that's why he doesn't start regularly for Spurs when everyone's fit. He played lots of minutes last season but Eriksen-Alli-Kane was the main front trio.
You wouldn't start him ahead of Mata, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Carrick??

haram

Great player on the counter. Is a bit greedy at times though.

ArseHat

Being South Korean, dosent he have to do minimum two years of national service before turning 30? I remember our Park was let off due to being a key player and reaching the semi finals of a World Cup. Can't see South Korea repeating that feat again anytime soon.
I think his best shot (or any South Korean footballer’s for that matter) is to win the Asian Cup or any Olympic medal (if he’s selected as a senior player) which is possible. The Koreans who achieved bronze in the 2012 Olympics are exempt I believe.

JG3001

He's a very handy player to have coming off the bench, very similar to what Chicharito was for us.

Munkehboi

I think his best shot (or any South Korean footballer’s for that matter) is to win the Asian Cup or any Olympic medal (if he’s selected as a senior player). The Koreans who achieved bronze in the 2012 Olympics are exempt I believe.
Yeah I checked on Ki Sung Yeung and he won Olympic Bronze so that whole team which Son was not in only had to complete 4 weeks of Military Service.

I think he's a cracking player but otherwise it's pointless to buy him as he's around 25 years old and will be gone for 2 years before he turns 30.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You wouldn't start him ahead of Mata, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Carrick??
If United wants to compete with Real, Barca and Bayern then Son should not be in the first XI. Excellent squad player though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If United wants to compete with Real, Barca and Bayern then Son should not be in the first XI. Excellent squad player though.
You didn't answer my question though. Are you saying we won't compete with Mata, Mkhi, Herrera etc.?