Songs you dislike from artists you love/like

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Helter Skelter by The Beatles - I get how pivotal it was to a few subgenres of rock, but I just don't like the sound of it, or McCartney's vocal delivery. I love The Beatles, but this is definitely my least favourite track of theirs.

Entertainment by Phoenix - No fizz or life in the verses, a forgettable chorus, and even though it's less than 4 minutes it really does feel way too long.

Holy Grail by Jay-Z - To be fair, there are a few songs from Jay-Z that I don't like, but this is one of the very few that I actively dislike. JT's voice is weak on the hook, the production is bland, and the lyrics are pretty cringe-worthy to me.

One Way Trigger by The Strokes - Really don't get the falsetto, at all.

Human by The Killers - Sounds like a boring remix to a better song.

Dancing Shoes by Arctic Monkeys - This is a live staple and considered a classic of theirs, but I've never liked it at all. Sucks to see setlists that feature this and not When The Sun Goes Down or Suck It And See.

And vice versa, don't like these artists in general but I like these songs:

I Am The Highway by Audioslave
Toxicity by System Of A Down
Over by Drake
Hang by Matchbox Twenty
Music When The Lights Go Out by The Libertines

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I've always thought Elevation was a great song. Off that album I would go for Kite or Walk On as a more disappointing entry than Elevation.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Prefer Kite and Walk on....More meaningful and melodic.

Elevation, to me, is just a guitar pedal and crap lyrics
I dunno, I guess Elevation was the sound I'd hoped that album would be, ie similar to Achtung Baby, I guess it's a matter of personal taste. While I do concede that its lyrics aren't as meaningful as most U2 material, it's pretty damn catchy.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I dunno, I guess Elevation was the sound I'd hoped that album would be, ie similar to Achtung Baby, I guess it's a matter of personal taste. While I do concede that its lyrics aren't as meaningful as most U2 material, it's pretty damn catchy.
No band will touch that album these days, or even come close to it.

Bole Top

"Another brick in the wall part 2" from Pink Floyd. Seems very popular among those who never really bothered to listen their more progressive albums. I would also add pretty much all songs from The Division Bell album except Marooned and High Hopes.

Moby

Dick
"Another brick in the wall part 2" from Pink Floyd. Seems very popular among those who never really bothered to listen their more progressive albums. I would also add pretty much all songs from The Division Bell album except Marooned and High Hopes.
Talking of which, DSOTM is one of my least favourite Floyd albums. Would anyday rather listen to Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Animals, etc. I don't get the hype around Money, it is a decent song which would be good for some other band but for a band that composed Echoes, that's pretty disappointing.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I like Creep. As Hollies covers go, it's a good 'un...

The Beatles - I Will (and many similar dreary songs but that's the first that springs to mind)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
The Pogues - Fiesta (I detest hearing that tune)
Beach Boys - Surfin USA

Scrumpet

There are no words
Pixies - Gigantic
Arctic Monkeys - Balaclava is maybe their only song I dislike. Well, apart from Brick by Brick, everyone hates Brick by Brick.
R.E.M. - The One I Love
The xx - Try
Blondie - One Way or Another

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Pixies - Gigantic
Arctic Monkeys - Balaclava is maybe their only song I dislike. Well, apart from Brick by Brick, everyone hates Brick by Brick.
R.E.M. - The One I Love
The xx - Try
Blondie - One Way or Another
:lol: I didn't mention in OP for same reason. At least they've stopped playing it at every show.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
@Nanook Desolation Row may be a couple verses too long but I still love it, the lyrics are great.

Wittmann45

Bob Dylan:

Lay Lady Lay
Hurricane
Rainy Day Women ♯12 & 35
Yes sir! It has always been one of my least favourite Dylan song. I've never liked the lyrics that much and always felt it was a relatively cheesy song

Also:

Ob La Di Ob La Da - The Beatles; one of the few mishaps on the White Album, along Revolution 9
Stairway to Heaven - maybe I've just heard it too many times now

Bole Top

Talking of which, DSOTM is one of my least favourite Floyd albums. Would anyday rather listen to Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Animals, etc. I don't get the hype around Money, it is a decent song which would be good for some other band but for a band that composed Echoes, that's pretty disappointing.
"Time" was always my favourite song from that album, but yeah, I agree. I'd argue that hype behind Money comes purely because of the fact that it is "simple", easier to listen and certainly more appropriate for radio. there is a bar near my apartment and some guys often perform covers from foreign bands. when it comes to Pink Floyd, they always pick songs like Money, High Hopes and, of course, Wish you were here. I've never heard them performing Astronomy Domine, Sheep, Dogs, Atom Heart Mother or Shine on..., and I can't remember hearing any of those songs on the radio. It's not that I don't like Money, it's a very good song but like in the case with "Another brick...", for people who mostly listen to their shorter and "simple" songs I dare to say they never fully got into Pink Floyd.

of course, that's only my opinion.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Kasabian - ee-zeh is quite shit. I know its a great live song that gets the crowd going, but as a record its poor.

Castia

Anything on Kings of Leon's last 3 albums. The first 3 albums were amazing, easily my favourite band at the time but for the past few years they have gone shite. Sex on Fire us the worst song ever written.

Cornell

Flower of the Mountain by Kate Bush. It's a new take on The Sensual World, and it's pretty much disgusting.
It always struck me that maybe you'd like whichever one you heard first more, but yea I agree. Having loved The Sensual World for years I didn't enjoy it at all. I think the story was she wanted it to be Flower of the Mountain all along but she couldn't get the rights to use the words so it got turned into The Sensual World.

Thank feck for that.

John_Jensen

Kasabian - ee-zeh is quite shit. I know its a great live song that gets the crowd going, but as a record its poor.

With the most cringeworthy, shite lyrics i think i've ever heard. Like something a 6 year old might come up with if you showed them Zeitgeist: The Movie

Last edited:

John_Jensen

Dylan - lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts

A big, overlong, steaming pile of shite on an otherwise great album.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Pretty much anything by Metallica in the last 15 years.
Was going to argue but annoyingly i realised that's only their last two records. :lol:

Perennial Quest- Death
River- Opeth
Victoria- The Kinks
Lucy in the sky with diamonds- Beatles
Feels good to me- Black Sabbath
Can i play with madness and Number of the beast- Iron Maiden
Hell bent for leather- Judas Priest
D'Yer Maker- Led Zeppelin
I ain't superstitious- Megadeth
Shoot me again- Metallica
Lay your world on me- Ozzy Osbourne
Misfit love- QOTSA
Dissident aggressor- Slayer

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Perhaps Vampire Is A Bit Strong But... - Arctic Monkeys

Will think of more...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Thank feck for that.
Hear hear.

Guess I could've felt differently about The Flower if I'd heard it first, as The Sensual World, not only a beautiful song, also brings me back to a happy period in my life when I first heard it. Nostalgia plays a small part.

fake edit

Scratch that. ;)

Just listened it again, and just hate the way she sings it on Director's Cut.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Perhaps Vampire Is A Bit Strong But... - Arctic Monkeys

Will think of more...
That's a great track man. Off that album I'll say Dancing Shoes, From The Ritz To The Rubble, and You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights are the tracks of lesser quality.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anything on Kings of Leon's last 3 albums. The first 3 albums were amazing, easily my favourite band at the time but for the past few years they have gone shite. Sex on Fire us the worst song ever written.
I came in here to say exactly this. Exactly. To the letter. Although Cold Desert from the fourth album is a strong track and the live version of I Want You is immeasurably better than the poorly produced album version.