Television South Park Season 22

Sanche7

Was a pretty good episode and a good start to the season.
I like the social commentary and all that but I used to like the show much more when it was about the adventures of four fourth graders
The show has evolved and I do enjoy watching it, but not as much as I used to

Cloud7

Back to their social commentary best. Really captured the apathy toward the school shooting issues in America.

Albeit it wasn’t as funny as I would have liked, but I really wanted to see how they would approach this topic when they eventually did.

Chairman Steve

I’m curious as to how much longer Trey and Matt can keep doing South Park, especially when a few years ago they had an entire episode centred around them running out of ideas and resorting to ridiculous plot lines. I imagine there’s probably other stuff they’d like to do, as they don’t want to be known as the South Park guys.

Maybe the thing of dedicating an entire season to one particular theme is good for them, as it could fill the void of doing another South Park movie for them and they can really flesh out ideas over multiple episodes in a row.

I’d love to see a Team America sequel but you could tell from the behind the scenes stuff that it pretty much broke them because it was such hard work and they flat out admitted it.

Sylar

Yeah Team America was fantastic, but they pretty much said they would never do anything like that ever aggain. And theyve stuck to that.

I liked the episode. lol @ the JJ reference / music. I do agree Randy and Cartman are the best characters to centre episodes around.

Cloud7

Just watched episode 2. Not gonna lie, I didn’t laugh once during the episode. Poor work with this one

Player Red

Just watched episode 2. Not gonna lie, I didn’t laugh once during the episode. Poor work with this one
Yeah wasn't great. Just didn't seem relevant, surely this was the sort of episode for several years ago.

Cloud7

Yeah wasn't great. Just didn't seem relevant, surely this was the sort of episode for several years ago.
Yeah. Also it wasn’t subtle or nuanced or anything. It didn’t touch on anything in particular, like the previous episode did with peoples apathy toward school shootings. It was just “yeah priests touch little boys and the church covers it up”

Hard to see what they were really going for in this episode. Hopefully the next one is better.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This was the Catholic League's president Bill Donohue's response to the latest episode:

The October 3rd episode of “South Park,” titled “A Boy and a Priest,” portrayed molesting priests as pedophiles. This is factually inaccurate: almost all the molesters—8 in 10—have been homosexuals. Therefore, the cartoon-victim characters should have been depicted as adolescents, not kids. In Hollywood, the creators of “South Park,” Trey Parker and Matt Stone, are seen as courageous. They are really cowards. It takes courage to tell the truth.
I had to check three different sources to make sure this wasn't actually something written by Parker & Stone.

Cloud7

This was the Catholic League's president Bill Donohue's response to the latest episode:

I had to check three different sources to make sure this wasn't actually something written by Parker & Stone.
:lol::lol: Wow, I mean they could not depict the characters from the episode any better than they did unless he said this with the cum vacuum. This was honestly funnier than that whole episode.

Sylar

Really enjoyed ep3. The title took me a while to get until the ending happened (a poo) lol.

Morpheus 7

The Spin Doctors joke was hilarious in the latest episode, wonder if people were old enough to get it?

Sylar

I enjoy the single eps they have like this (esp when they reference a few of the older eps)

Sylar

Goto the grocery store kids, cos its time to get Cereal...

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Yep, the current season has been so much better than the last few.

Still, not a patch on the old stuff.

Had time for one more random episode last night. Episode 11.3 (Lice Capades) came up, and feck me, shit so funny.

Cloud7

Having finished the latest episode, which to be fair was quite good, I started thinking that I’m getting just a little, maybe bored of South Park?

South Park has been the funniest show around for me for years, and in my view no show does social commentary as well as South Park, at least nothing that I watch.

However, I’ve grown kinda bored of every single episode being some kind of social commentary. A few years ago I think they had the ratio just right, with about 50% social commentary and 50% the misadventures of the boys, now it seems like every single episode is based on real life stuff rather than just the 4 boys doing their thing anymore.

I kinda miss just being able to watch cartman feeding Scott Tenermen’s parents to him without having my brain constantly alerted to the real life implications of what I’m watching.

I’ll still continue to watch, it just doesn’t give me the same enjoyment it used to, even though this season so far has been much much better than the last 2-3.

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

However, I’ve grown kinda bored of every single episode being some kind of social commentary. A few years ago I think they had the ratio just right, with about 50% social commentary and 50% the misadventures of the boys, now it seems like every single episode is based on real life stuff rather than just the 4 boys doing their thing anymore.
Maybe they struggle to find any new misadventures to write about. Over 20 seasons will make it harder to create new stuff. The same issue can be seen in always sunny in P and the last season.

Cloud7

Maybe they struggle to find any new misadventures to write about. Over 20 seasons will make it harder to create new stuff. The same issue can be seen in always sunny in P and the last season.
I guess so, and well there’s no shortage of real life material to base episodes off of, so I can’t really fault them for using that as their source.

For me though, I sometimes just want something to watch and laugh at without having to think about the depressing reality of the horrible working conditions that bezos forces his workers to endure, and just how powerless we are to actually do anything about it in real life.

Fosu-Mens

For me though, I sometimes just want something to watch and laugh at without having to think about the depressing reality of the horrible working conditions that Mourinho forces his workers to endure, and just how powerless we are to actually do anything about it in real life.
Fixed it for you!