Southampton next - team?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
It's a crazy idea but how about a balanced side that that plays to our best strengths of what we have.

------------------ de gea
----bissaka--maguire-tuanzebe or smalling
dalot--mctominay---pogba--shaw
---------------------gomes
---------------martial---rashford

You could even consider James replacing either dalot or shaw as a wingback because along with his pace he has shown the work rate to track back. I'm not sold on Maguire and lindelof in the same central defence with both lacking pace and ain't world class defensively to make up for it either.
This works. Doubt ole changes system never mind personnel at the back though.

James in for shaw (who’s likely injured anyway)

Sylar

Imagine we see young smalling matic and Mata all starting :lol:

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cant see Lindelof being dropped because of one mistake in one game. Does anyone remember when Bruce and Pally first started playing together? A partnership with Maguire will take time. Moreover I HOPE he doesn't get dropped because that's exactly the kind of sh*t that Jose would do.

Midfield is the real conundrum area. I think next weeks midfield will depend on Martials fitness. If he is fit then I expect Matic to get a start with McTominay holding allowing Pogba to work further up the pitch. If Martial is injured then I expect that Lingard will remain in the side.

Kentish

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Dalot
Fred McTominay
Pogba
James Martial Rashford

MrSingh2002

De Gea
AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Dalot
McTominay Fred
James Pogba Rashford
Martial

Or

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Dalot
Pogba McTominay
James Gomes Rashford
Martial​

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
For the next one I'd just replace Lingard with Mata.

Pogba should be our number 10 for now but I completely agree with putting him alongside McTominay because Matic looks finished

Gator Nate

Smalling and Rojo are better than Linedolf, in the air and marking
Smalling is certainly better in the air... and that's it. Keep Lindelof in.

I agree with whoever said only change should be Gomes for Lingard. Only other change I might make is Greenwood for James, but James played very well as a starter this weekend.

That said, I'm not sure Shaw will be ready. I thought Young played decently in his place, for once. *ducking and running from the stones headed my way*