Southgate anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fabrizio Romano is hinting at a Southgate to United at the end of the season. Would explain why we've not sacked that ex legend Ole Ole Ole I love you.
Romano is a bit meh to be honest. Seems like he just on to every story. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went all into this one as well in the next few days.

Spoony

The People's President
Romano is a bit meh to be honest. Seems like he just on to every story. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went all into this one as well in the next few days.

Perhaps he's been contacted by Southgate's people?

Yakuza_devils

Seriously has anyone watch England in the Euro and how negative their football under Southgate?

If the so called football structure in the club led by Murtough and co, and this is the best they can come out with, we are really in deep trouble.

We should go for world class manager with modern style of play.

red4ever 79

According to folk ITK, he's going to be the one. He got England to a Euro final, surely that's better than anything Conte's ever done? Or Poch. Or Rodgers. Or Ten Hag?
What - Pretty sure Conte has won league titles. Who cares about taking England to a final. Sounds like another Ole

Paxi

This is quite interesting, not to mention, worrying. Is there a source for this?
I tried to find old articles but couldn’t, we were strongly interested in him in early 00’s though. Think we wanted to shore up our defence but it never materialised.

Southgate is that that he’s one regret is not playing for United which is why he’s so eager to come now.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Betfair have just suspended betting on Southgate coming in as a caretaker manager till the end of the season.

Looks like it's happening people.

Paxi

Perhaps he's been contacted by Southgate's people?
Can’t see it. Gareth is an honourable guy and even if he did go through back channels to feel United out surely it would be through the British press. Romano will be onto it soon, I guess.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
According to folk ITK, he's going to be the one. He got England to a Euro final, surely that's better than anything Conte's ever done? Or Poch. Or Rodgers. Or Ten Hag?
I fecking hope not.

Good players coming out of his ears and plays 5 defenders and 2 Def Mids. And people want that??

Should have got to WC final (think France would've won anyway) and arguably won the Euros.

Shit at club level and done ok at international level (with some amazing players, some of whom he benches).

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I fecking hope not.

Good players coming out of his ears and plays 5 defenders and 2 Def Mids. And people want that??

Should have got to WC final (think France would've won anyway) and arguably won the Euros.

Shit at club level and done ok at international level (with some amazing players, some of whom he benches).
Pretty much all boxes ticked there!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Hard yes from me. We’d almost certainly get Declan Rice in then, the one missing jigsaw piece currently preventing us from dominating Europe. The players love him, which is the most important thing in modern management and it would give Marcus Rashford someone to talk to about opposing the government and improving the political landscape, which can only help his confidence when being brought on to take high pressure penalties in the last minute.

We’re already set up perfectly to accommodate a defensive double pivot, a huge array of attacking talent sitting on the bench and not changing things until far too late in important games so the transition would be seamless and not upset the apple cart. The perfect appointment.

#GoDevils

justsomebloke

What a ludicrous claim. Not winning the Euros when having home advantage throughout, bar one game, and the best squad in the tournament, and arguably English football history, was nothing short of a huge underachievement. Playing ultra defensive football and leaving an array of attacking talent on the bench shows he has what to takes to be the next Solksjaer, that's about it. Hiring him would show the United board are more interested in having a nice guy happy to be there in the chair rather than someone who is striving for excellence.
Not sure I've ever seen a sentence that more perfectly summarizes the basic insanity of England fans' expectations. Literally the best result any England manager has achieved since 1966, and the second best in England's entire football history, and it's a "huge underachievement". Just completely, utterly nuts.

padzilla

Hipster
Not sure I've ever seen a sentence that more perfectly summarizes the basic insanity of England fans' expectations. Literally the best result any England manager has achieved since 1966, and the second best in England's entire football history, and it's a "huge underachievement". Just completely, utterly nuts.
I am not English, in fact I am Irish and the only solace I took from England having a super squad and being blessed with home advantage was the fact Southgate is the coach. It's probably exactly the same way Liverpool/City fans are delighted Solksjaer is United manager but many of our fans still back him.
If a stuttering victory over a Denmark side in the semi final thanks to cheating from Raheem Sterling and a failure to get over the line against an exhausted Italy side out on its feet, despite having a partisan stadium cheering you on, represents the second best moment in England's football history then wow, just wow.

wise_old_man

I'd rather have David Moyes back. He seems to know how to utilize Lingard. :lol:

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
If Southgate is the choosen one, im done with the club until the Glazers are gone. Life is to short to be angry all the time, and its not good for the blood pressure either.

Chief123

No. If we think Ole is cautious, then Southgate is the master of caution. Remember his hesitant late subs and reluctance to change anything in the Euros? Lets not forget the incredibly fortunate and lucky route to the final we had.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
My dad lives in the same town as Edward Woodward and said he saw him on the phone outside a Gail’s bakery telling “Garr” he’d sign off on a warchest for Jordan Pickford and Raheem Sterling before he left.

Paxi

Our board likes him so this news doesn’t come as shock at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.