Film Spider-man: Across the Spider-Verse

atkar83

Funnily enough, there were a lot of complaints about the sound mixing and the volume being too low. So much so that the producers started telling people to tell their cinema to play it at a certain volume. I read they later fixed the issue and sent out a new print so you maybe saw the fixed version.

It didn't ruin anything for me but I definitely felt like the volume was a tad lower than it should have been.
It felt like the bass wasn't working. I got used to it but it initially felt like there was something missing from dialogue sound

Sylar

Watched this knowing there was gonna be a third part (read about it being split)
Fantastic second installment. And a nice little lead into the third and what to expect.

The music and visually it's stunning. And a great story too. This is an obvious blue print for future stuff (which probably won't be used and people will miss the point of why this is a success)

Regardless can't wait for part three. The first two movies have been excellent.
Also easily the best use of the multiverse

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
This needed a really strong cup of calm the feck down. It was nothing but a noise of colour and popular music. And it makes the horrible mistake of not being a story in its own right, and being nothing but 2 hours of set up for a 3rd movie. What little story is actually here is good, but it's mostly just emotions on display and I dont care enough about any of the characters for those emotions to carry a 2 hour movie. Im also not a... fan... of... making speeches.... in... really... drawn out..............ways. Or repeating the same information over and over and over again while adding nothing to the narrative. You could strip an hour out of this movie and not lose any of the plot.

First movie is still better by a long distance.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This needed a really strong cup of calm the feck down. It was nothing but a noise of colour and popular music. And it makes the horrible mistake of not being a story in its own right, and being nothing but 2 hours of set up for a 3rd movie. What little story is actually here is good, but it's mostly just emotions on display and I dont care enough about any of the characters for those emotions to carry a 2 hour movie. Im also not a... fan... of... making speeches.... in... really... drawn out..............ways. Or repeating the same information over and over and over again while adding nothing to the narrative. You could strip an hour out of this movie and not lose any of the plot.

First movie is still better by a long distance.
Great phrase.

Ainu

Just watched this and I have to vent a little bit:

What the actual feck is that ending? I went into this blind, after loving the first movie, not knowing it was going to watch a "part 1". I can deal with a pseudo conclusion and some level of cliff hanger, but if I'd known I was just going to get half a movie, I wouldn't have watched it yet. That was probably the single most bullshit ending I've ever seen.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just watched this and I have to vent a little bit:

What the actual feck is that ending? I went into this blind, after loving the first movie, not knowing it was going to watch a "part 1". I can deal with a pseudo conclusion and some level of cliff hanger, but if I'd known I was just going to get half a movie, I wouldn't have watched it yet. That was probably the single most bullshit ending I've ever seen.
Ending caught a lot of people off guard it seems but doesn't take away from the film for me.

I can't wait to watch this and the sequel back to back though :drool:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Not even half as good as the first movie.

Way too much melodrama that doesn't do any proper character building, just slows the pace down.

Keep the first and last 30 mins and shorten the rest to another 30 mins and it should be way better.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just watched this.

Felt like the ratio of stuff going on to stuff that is important was tilted far too much to the former for basically the entire last half. Animators just needed to chill the feck out for a bit. The story/plot was fine when it could actually get a word in over all the noise. Felt like there were about 6 twists in the last 15 minutes where the film was too busy having some kind of drug endiced epileptic fit for the hour before that.

Overall still enjoyed it and still comfortably better than any of the other spiderman films

buchansleftleg

Very disappointed with this....felt like the ending was just a dick move - "come back for part 2" rather than a proper cliffhanger. It feels like this was a late decision somehow as other bits of the film are really oddly paced.

The opening bit is over-frenetic with just absolute mayhem onscreen, then we get a very slow "emotional" set of scenes that drag terribly and labour their point.

The scenes that worked for me are the ones in the Spider academy with the "variants" of Spiderman chasing after him. However afterwards I wondered if this shouldn't somehow have some link to Loki / TVA references in it?

The first film had jaw dropping moments of animation and a quirky worldview with animation styles that moved the plot forward or were relevant to the characterization. Here it just felt like they were shifting styles (let's show some offset comic printing now) every few minutes just to have something new happen onscreen.