Sports personality of the year

Giggsy92

Pleased with that, would have been a shame if he didn't win one given the career he had. A pretty bizarre top three though, did no one watch this year?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Mo won it then. Kinda feels like the year they gave it to Giggs. Can’t ever call these things unjust but sentiment toward their overall career seems to have outweighed their achievement in the year. Which somewhat misses the point.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Mo Farah's achievements belittle Hamilton's and Joshua's IMO, and he is therefore a worthy winner, despite the slight nerves of being in a sport with clouds of doping doubt around it, which probably did for Froome, who is the other lead candidate based on athletic achievement.

Kazi

I think Hamilton should have won it seeing as he’s the only one not juicing out of the main contenders

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Mo Farah's achievements belittle Hamilton's and Joshua's IMO, and he is therefore a worthy winner, despite the slight nerves of being in a sport with clouds of doping doubt around it, which probably did for Froome, who is the other lead candidate based on athletic achievement.
Eh? It's for the year not their achievements as a whole. And even if it were, Hamilton became the most successful Brit in history and all time great this year.

sincher

Eh? It's for the year not their achievements as a whole. And even if it were, Hamilton became the most successful Brit in history and all time great this year.
Hamilton is world champion and did well to do so but motor racing is nothing like as competitive worldwide as distance running, swimming or cycling, and the car and the team are a huge part of his success. To me, Farah, Froome and Peaty were the outstanding candidates. And all based on this year, not their careers as a whole. They have beaten so many and pretty much on their own steam. To me that is a bigger achievement. Joshua not far off. Hamilton next.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Just seen the top 3 - the British public really can't be trusted to vote on anything

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Hamilton is world champion and did well to do so but motor racing is nothing like as competitive worldwide as distance running, swimming or cycling, and the car and the team are a huge part of his success. To me, Farah, Froome and Peaty were the outstanding candidates. And all based on this year, not their careers as a whole. They have beaten so many and pretty much on their own steam. To me that is a bigger achievement. Joshua not far off. Hamilton next.
Sorry but bollocks. Nothing as competitive world wide yet sells out tickets for all the grand prix...world wide.

freeurmind

weak willed
Given your performance in the sheep game, I’m inclined to say this is bullshit
What does my performance in the sheep game have to do with gambling? I made the bet ages ago I think sometime after the Olympics. Apparently he was 50/1 to win it yesterday.

Deleted member 101472

What does my performance in the sheep game have to do with gambling? I made the bet ages ago I think sometime after the Olympics. Apparently he was 50/1 to win it yesterday.
Haha the jokes got lost on you there. Your performance means your pretty good at going with the normal expected outcome

Deleted member 101472

Ah sorry lol. I was terrible in the sheep game final round, complete meltdown.
Ahhh I didn’t follow it til the very end jusy remember you were first for a while. Enjoy the $600 winnings, handy at Xmas time

marktan

I think Farah's a worthy winner, won another WC win and silver and I think a lot of thought was given to him ending his track career and just how incredibly dominant he's been in the 10k and 5k since 2011. Hamilton's a good shout but I think him already having won one and the fact the competition in F1 fell apart this year probably weighed him down. Haven't heard of the 2 & 3, Anthony Joshua whilst he's had a good year I think he'll get one if he fights the big names like Wilder because that'll be a huge fight. Klitschiko was a solid fight but he was expected to do well there.

sincher

Sorry but bollocks. Nothing as competitive world wide yet sells out tickets for all the grand prix...world wide.
It is not bollocks. How many people compete at the entry/amateur level at running, swimming and cycling? Huge numbers, there is a massive pyramid to come out on top of. Motor racing is not like that at all, there is a small amateur scene and an even smaller professional scene. Hamilton is superb but he had a decent chance of being world champion just by being competent and in the right car. I don't want to denigrate his achievement but Farah won world gold and silver in two of the very toughest events that thousands do all the time, Froome won two huge cycling events in the same year, and Peaty now has the 10 fastest times ever in his event. To me that puts them above the others.

RORY65

I really want to like Mo Farah, he's everything that the Daily Mail hates, but there's just too much suspicion around him for me to believe he's actually clean. I generally don't care about SPOTY, it's a boring event that lasts ages and has basically no clips because the BBC don't seem to give a shit about sport, but the Joshua Klitschko fight and the women's cricket world cup final were the 2 events involving British athletes that were the most exciting and memorable for me so I would have gone for Joshua or Shrubsole.