Spurs in 7m Ruud bid

$ukhjit

Once again it is a hidden agenda. It is not the matter of how good he is, if Fergie wants him out he will make sure he leaves. The same with other high profile players over the years ala Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham!

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
$ukhjit said:
Once again it is a hidden agenda. It is not the matter of how good he is, if Fergie wants him out he will make sure he leaves. The same with other high profile players over the years ala Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham!
In fairness, that may be jumping the gun a bit for now...I hope anyway.

Who knows whats going on behind the scenes, maybe the manager wanted to make a point to Van Nistelrooy over something that may have happened, there may be something afoot....no one knows that obviously. But on the face of it, he was dropped for no reason. People who think along the lines of Saha getting the nod because he scored in the previous rounds have the wrong end of the stick IMO. It's not Saha Utd, we should have put out the very best team we had - it was a Cup Final. People will say that we won, and Saha scored, so the decision was correct - and that's wrong as well.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
:lol:

what a bunch of rubbish, my favourite is ehsanuls "if he doesnt play on sunday he will leave", wich just what mr.the sun himself said prior to our last match against wigan "if he doesnt play against wigan he will leave".
i just dont see what should warrant big trouble in the united camp ? ruud was benched for the final due to saha being on a great run, following that he dropped out of the national team match due to stomach issues, wich also kept him on the bench against wigan.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
who's been sold?. I read they enquired, how can you being enqiuring if you make a 7million pound bid, ones a consequence of the other.. In a word. Bollocks, as usual. We may very well sell him oneday ...when he's 35. It's easy to have a go at fergie, esp if you believe this crap

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Keane16 said:
In fairness, that may be jumping the gun a bit for now...I hope anyway.

Who knows whats going on behind the scenes, maybe the manager wanted to make a point to Van Nistelrooy over something that may have happened, there may be something afoot....no one knows that obviously. But on the face of it, he was dropped for no reason. People who think along the lines of Saha getting the nod because he scored in the previous rounds have the wrong end of the stick IMO. It's not Saha Utd, we should have put out the very best team we had - it was a Cup Final. People will say that we won, and Saha scored, so the decision was correct - and that's wrong as well.
saha was the topscorer in the league and have performed well in every match, he did deserve to be given a chance, nothing wrong with that. but when thats said, rooney should have been the player that was benched.
if ruud was that pissed off about it, he did a mighty good job covering his anger when he was running around celebrating our goals.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Slabber said:
Manchester United star Ruud Van Nistelrooy has pleaded with manager Sir Alex Ferguson to let him join Premiership rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

The Dutch star has recently been relegated to the bench and was an unused substitute in the Carling Cup final victory over Wigan Athletic.

Spurs boss Martin Jol has launched an audacious £7m bid to take the prolific striker to White Hart Lane and the United board have been rocked by the discovery that Van Nistlerooy is keen on making the switch to the North London giants.

The striker has notched 19 goals in 27 games and is the leading scorer in the Premiership and his departure will come as a massive blow to the Old Trafford club.

However, Mirror Sport understands that Ferguson has lined up Real Madrid misfit Ronaldo as Van Nistlerooy's replacement. The Brazilian superstar is available for a knock-down fee after he publicly expressed his dissatisfaction at the Bernabeu.

:lol: That's brilliant.

You should be a journo.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
Ronaldo07 said:
Did Saha deserve to be dropped after getting us to the Cup final?
Could still make a case for introducing Ruud as a sub. He's been an automatic starter all season, it's strange how he was totally frozen out in our only Cup final.

Hopefully it's merely a case of SAF freshening up the team and sending out a message not to take places for granted. A feud and a pending sale as suggested in the papers won't bode well for Utd. I suppose we will get a better idea through the team selection in the upcoming games.

Spoony

Slabber said:
Manchester United star Ruud Van Nistelrooy has pleaded with manager Sir Alex Ferguson to let him join Premiership rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

The Dutch star has recently been relegated to the bench and was an unused substitute in the Carling Cup final victory over Wigan Athletic.

Spurs boss Martin Jol has launched an audacious £7m bid to take the prolific striker to White Hart Lane and the United board have been rocked by the discovery that Van Nistlerooy is keen on making the switch to the North London giants.

The striker has notched 19 goals in 27 games and is the leading scorer in the Premiership and his departure will come as a massive blow to the Old Trafford club.

However, Mirror Sport understands that Ferguson has lined up Real Madrid misfit Ronaldo as Van Nistlerooy's replacement. The Brazilian superstar is available for a knock-down fee after he publicly expressed his dissatisfaction at the Bernabeu.

No quotes, Slabbs.

It can't be true.

Keane16

ThomasM said:
saha was the topscorer in the league and have performed well in every match, he did deserve to be given a chance, nothing wrong with that. but when thats said, rooney should have been the player that was benched.
if ruud was that pissed off about it, he did a mighty good job covering his anger when he was running around celebrating our goals.
Don't know or care if he was pissed off or not. As far as he's concerned, the fact that he was left out means that he should be busting a bollock in training all the following week to try and get back in....not really the issue here IMO. It's the management I'm getting at....we sent out a weakened team and the reason as we see it (which may be wrong), isn't good enough. We won the trophy, that's what it's all about, I was delighted, I want us to win literally every match and every trophy - but I don't think Ferguson/Queiroz should've have corrupted their selection policy like that. It's not as simple as saying, as I have done, that we're not Saha Utd, but in principle that's the issue.

Spoony

Keane16 said:
Don't know or care if he was pissed off or not. As far as he's concerned, the fact that he was left out means that he should be busting a bollock in training all the following week to try and get back in....not really the issue here IMO. It's the management I'm getting at....we sent out a weakened team and the reason as we see it (which may be wrong), isn't good enough. We won the trophy, that's what it's all about, I was delighted, I want us to win literally every match and every trophy - but I don't think Ferguson/Queiroz should've have corrupted their selection policy like that. It's not as simple as saying, as I have done, that we're not Saha Utd, but in principle that's the issue.
Perhaps. But let's be honest, it was only the Carling Cup. . . so I can understand why Saha was given the nod. That said, I think it was poor judgement not to give Ruud a run. It's not like we've played in many finals over the last few years, and for what he's done for United(and his goals this season) he definitey should've been a part of it all. Unless, Fergie was trying to get a point across. But I find that hard to believe.

Keane16

ThomasM said:
compared to ruud, saha has been better in the cup.
He should not have been picked ahead of Ruud on that basis. It's not a secure way to pick a team. It points to a particular attitude. As a club, we should have been 100% committed to winning that final, with no compromises....and playing Saha was concession either to him, or some other flawed approach. If Man Utd are playing in a final, then let's see Man Utd....you can't have a half-measure.

Spoony may have a point...that it's only the Carling Cup, it's not the Champions League Final or anything like that...and there may be reasons for leaving out Ruud, things behind the scenes...we don't know.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I thought it was right to play Saha in the cup final, but Ruud should have played in the league match against Wigan.

Keane16

ThomasM said:
when saha has been much better in the cup, topscorer, why was the team so much weakened. not fielding the topscorer wouldnt be right either.
It's a match. The ref blows and the game kicks off...the fact that it's in a particular competition doesn't change anything about that.

sincher

Keane16 said:
It's a match. The ref blows and the game kicks off...the fact that it's in a particular competition doesn't change anything about that.
It would have pissed him off, and on form it was by no means clear who should be in the team anyway. A little reminder from Ferguson that reputations don't mean anything - no harm done. But not picking Ruud for the league match looks like more of a snub.

Keane16

sincher said:
It would have pissed him off, and on form it was by no means clear who should be in the team anyway. A little reminder from Ferguson that reputations don't mean anything - no harm done. But not picking Ruud for the league match looks like more of a snub.
He wasn't 100% for that second Wigan match, was he?

On form, they were both knocking them in, Saha - as much as he'd ever done, and Ruud, the same as always. If the management were trying to make a point to Ruud, then fair enough, we don't know what's going on. The point is that picking Saha on the basis of his performance in that particular cup, is not correct.

sincher

But picking him, and not picking Ruud, was not necessarily wrong, either.

Keane16

sincher said:
But picking him, and not picking Ruud, was not necessarily wrong, either.
I'd be looking for a more ringing endorsement of the decision....obviously Saha was scoring, so was Ruud. If it was in relation to Saha's goals in the Carling Cup, then it was wrong IMO. I can see the reason for playing Saha, but ultimately it's not right. If picked on general form (no idea of the recent stats)..again, that's different, even though I'd still have picked Ruud.

DA2

I have to say that if Van Basten gets appointed AC Milan coach in the summer, Ruud could well go. Ive seen on several other websites rumours that there would be cash & Gattuso deal for Ruud most definitely on the cards.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Slabber said:

You have to admit one thing..slabbers articles are better than custis....this one actually flows. Nice effort...Slabber for the sun!

RedRonaldinho

kafta said:
Ruud is going nowhere, and if he is, he will go to one of the titan clubs; milan, juve, barca, real....not tottenham (no offense slabs). Ruud is just that good, and 7 million, is that a joke, he is one of the best in the world, could easily get15-25 for him is drogba cost 24 million..
We would get a maximum of 13 14 million if we sold Ruud and that's pushing it.

unitedgogi

RedRonaldinho said:
We would get a maximum of 13 14 million if we sold Ruud and that's pushing it.
I would say around 10 or so called 12-14 in a player plus money deal where they overvalue the other player.

Ruud will stay though.

MUFC187

M160RA said:
Well, many thought that when the same fella told us that Keane was to be released, 8 hours before the story broke.

It's a good source. Anyway, it has only confirmed very strong rumours from people ITK.

Cue Jasonrh to come along and say it's all tabloid nonsense and I'm believing Neil Custis :rolleyes: .

Believe it or don't, couldn't care less. We will see come summer.

Bearded but no genius

MUFC187 said:
Well, many thought that when the same fella told us that Keane was to be released, 8 hours before the story broke.

It's a good source. Anyway, it has only confirmed very strong rumours from people ITK.

Cue Jasonrh to come along and say it's all tabloid nonsense and I'm believing Neil Custis :rolleyes: .

Believe it or don't, couldn't care less. We will see come summer.
I just want to know if you heard it from sources at your job.

Slabber

From the Newbie:

"Ruud handed ultimatum
Tuesday 14 Mar 2006

Manchester United are rumoured to have told Ruud van Nistelrooy he will be sold if he refuses to sign an improved contract.

The out of favour striker has been offered a three-year extension to his deal which would see his salary rise by £10,000 per week, according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

RUUD VAN NISTELROOY United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is known to be unhappy with van Nistelrooy's contribution this term, despite the Dutchman weighing in with 22 goals.

The improved contract offer is thought to be a test of the 29-year-old's loyalty to the club and Ferguson will apparently look to offload him immediately if he shows any hesitation in signing, despite the player having two more years remaining on his existing deal.

Van Nistelrooy has lost his place as Wayne Rooney's strike partner to Louis Saha in recent weeks and will be told he needs to get used to fighting for his place if he wants a long-term future at Old Trafford. "

Slabber

RUUD VAN NISTELROOY has told family his time is up at Manchester United.

The Dutch hitman’s brother Ron broke the news to a supporter in a pub before Sunday’s 2-0 home win over Newcastle.

The fan said: “When I asked ‘Is he off?’ Ron looked at me and said ‘It looks like he no longer has a future at Old Trafford, sadly’. In the past he has always played down any suggestion that Ruud was going. But this time it was different.”

Ron is well known among staunch United fans, who he prefers to mix with rather than take advantage of VIP hospitality.

SunSport revealed on Saturday that Tottenham are ready to pounce with a £7million summer bid.

But Italian giants AC Milan and AS Roma are also keen.
Van Nistelrooy has accepted his fate as he and United boss Alex Ferguson are hardly on speaking terms.