Spurs you're our only hope

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This is what it's come to. Christ help us. I think I'll take a long walk off a short pier.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah so it's cnuts like Alli, Vertonghen, Dire, Rose and other shitfecks winning it instead of the merry bunch of scousers led by the dumb cnut. What a life.

Here's hoping the world ends before the final. God the scousers would be so mad it's worth it.

dogwithabone

I’d love to be wrong but can’t see past a fairly comfortable win for Liverpool. Ajax would have tested them more and been something they’re not used to. Spurs are physically stronger than Ajax but Liverpool will cope with that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah so it's cnuts like Alli, Vertonghen, Dire, Rose and other shitfecks winning it instead of the merry bunch of scousers led by the dumb cnut. What a life.

Here's hoping the world ends before the final. God the scousers would be so mad it's worth it.
:lol:

Scousers would have a petition to sort that out. feck Klopp and his pearly yellows.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I wasn’t going to watch the final with Ajax in it, fully expected them to be well beaten. But Spurs in the final gives a teeny tiny glimmer of hope.

(And as we all know, it’s the hope that kills us :mad:)

Rory 7

I dunno lads. I fancy Spurs to do them. Pool would have preferred that young Ajax team, don’t let any of that lot try and tell you otherwise.

Winrar

I will take back everything I said bad about spurs if they win the CL final.

Inter Yer Nan

Sometimes it just feels written in the stars. Spurs had an awful start in this tournament with 1 point in 3 games then were 10 mins away, won against Inter, again 10 mins away and scored in the 89th minute to stay alive vs. PSV and then get a draw in Barcelona. Underdogs vs. Dortmund, brushed them aside and then that City game and this shit today. That's incredible and couldn't be scripted.

They match up well enough with Liverpool and but for some dodgy officiating in each game would have gotten two draws and with better finishing a win and a draw this season. Ajax would have been too naive and open and been carved apart. I think Spurs have to be underdogs but have a strong chance.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

redshaw

Spurs took on the intensity of City so they're probably the best to take on Liverpool.

Ajax did completely drop off in both games after 45 mins with only small changes to Spurs team. I would've hoped Ajax could've handled it better tactically.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sometimes it just feels written in the stars. Spurs had an awful start in this tournament with 1 point in 3 games then were 10 mins away, won against Inter, again 10 mins away and scored in the 89th minute to stay alive vs. PSV and then get a draw in Barcelona. Underdogs vs. Dortmund, brushed them aside and then that City game and this shit today. That's incredible and couldn't be scripted.

They match up well enough with Liverpool and but for some dodgy officiating in each game would have gotten two draws and with better finishing a win and a draw this season. Ajax would have been too naive and open and been carved apart. I think Spurs have to be underdogs but have a strong chance.
You missed out in the groups all that Spurs epic comebacks would've been redundant if Inter had just played a 1-0 v PSV already eliminated. Inter were at San Siro aswell.

Spurs run is a cross between Liverpool somehow getting out of group stages in 2005 and Chelsea having incredible comebacks v superior teams in the knock outs in 2012. They both were underdogs in the final as Spurs will be. As you say the script has been written.

Inter Yer Nan

You missed out in the groups all that Spurs epic comebacks would've been redundant if Inter had just played a 1-0 v PSV already eliminated. Inter were at San Siro aswell.

Spurs run is a cross between Liverpool somehow getting out of group stages in 2005 and Chelsea having incredible comebacks v superior teams in the knock outs in 2012. They both were underdogs in the final as Spurs will be. As you say the script has been written.
I hope so. Liverpool have had their share as well. Napoli really should have scored at the end at Anfield and I think wasn't it a goal given up by Napoli when they were up like 3-0 or 4-0 vs. Red Star that meant they only needed the 1-0 win at Anfield. Dembele's misses too.

Be great for football if Spurs win it. Liverpool have spent more money then anyone since 2018 IIRC whereas Spurs have barely spent and have been stretched the whole time. Not to mention it's Liverpool.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
3 weeks is far too long a break. Would rather it at least be 2 weeks.

Renegade

I would have no issues at all with spurs winning it. Some of us need to eat the humble pie Glaston serves us. We’ve been so arrogant in the past. Spurs have grown their club brilliantly.
Progressive manager. Self sufficient with a strong English core.

Would be well deserved. Poch has over achieved at that club. Yet gets labelled bottlers because they don’t win the league?

Inter Yer Nan

I would have no issues at all with spurs winning it. Some of us need to eat the humble pie Glaston serves us. We’ve been so arrogant in the past. Spurs have grown their club brilliantly.
Progressive manager. Self sufficient with a strong English core.

Would be well deserved. Poch has over achieved at that club. Yet gets labelled bottlers because they don’t win the league?
Yeah and if they lose the final we'll hear it too yet they spend probably less than a few teams outside the top six and at best are generally 4th or 5th favorites for silverware.

People have no perspective.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah and if they lose the final we'll hear it too yet they spend probably less than a few teams outside the top six and at best are generally 4th or 5th favorites for silverware.

People have no perspective.
I don't call Spurs bottlers for not winning the league tbh. You can only really level it them in the Leicester season but Arsenal were just as bad at blowing up and then you have the other elite clubs who couldn't mount a title challenge....

Where Spurs have blown/choked is those recent FA cup semi finals they've messed up, think they've lost their last 7 over last 20 years? Also the amount of times they've been comfortable in 3rd/4th with 10 point leads and ended the season 5th. It could've easily happened this season.

Still winning a CL and in this fashion will put all that to bed in the most epic way possible.

soaphroniscuss

psst! It's just a bad dream mate.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Hopefully Klopp will overanalyze the final and overdo the tactics because he'll face a Top4 PL club in the final.

City winning the league would also be huge blow.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Feel Glaston's stubbly, ample arse on your faces as you plead and hope. The final is nearly a month away so plenty of time to accustomise. :cool::nervous:

Norfolk Enchants

I am trying to convince myself that since Liverpool will head into the final as favourites, and pretty clear ones at that, it might somehow just allow the Spurs players to relax a little bit and play without any fear whereas the opposite may happen to Liverpool. I can dream, right?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There's something almost sinister watching the Spurs lift the UCL the same year Chelsea lift the, ehem, EL after beating poor old Arsenal.
Valencia. Have the last two days not taught you anything? :houllier:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I am trying to convince myself that since Liverpool will head into the final as favourites, and pretty clear ones at that, it might somehow just allow the Spurs players to relax a little bit and play without any fear whereas the opposite may happen to Liverpool. I can dream, right?
The only fear Spurs will have is if they take the lead.

If they go behind they'll still believe they can win given what's happened v Man. City and Ajax. It's 1999 Man. United mentality they have now.

As I've said before it could be all posters trying to do their anti jinxs but surprised the amount who think this will be comfortable Liverpool win. Seems to be the same posters who thought Ajax would comfortably sweep aside Spurs even after first leg.

Both matches were 2-1 Liverpool wins. Liverpool were comfortable at Wembley but that could've been a draw with the late rally and Spurs could easily have won at Anfield with better finishing.

Neutral venue, Liverpool maybe feeling bit more pressure as it's their trophy to win, very easily can see Spurs winning it as they have lots of goal threat in their forward line in this competition.

Giggs86

Can we loan them Pogba for the final? Not like he's got anything better to do nowadays. Will have a chance to lift another major trophy with his countryman Lloris.

Hawks2008

Damn, we either have to see Liverpool win or lose the Spurs are bottlers meme :(

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

minh_loc_xoay

Damn, we either have to see Liverpool win or lose the Spurs are bottlers meme :(
Spurs winning the Champions League would smash the myth that you need mega stars to compete. It can be won with hardworkers too. So it would be beneficial to our own rebuild with that belief in mind.