Squad muscle mass

GM K

Just waiting for Duncan Castles to link us to Purple Aki now for the holding midfield role...
I am waiting for him to say we just bid 60 million for Adebayo 'The Beast' Akinfenwa

Siorac

Surely westbrom have taken over that tag from stoke. Pulis plays four centerbacks for his shithouse football.
Yeah, true. But everyone understands what Stoke City football means even if Stoke themselves don't play much like that anymore. A cold Tuesday night at the Hawthorns just doesn't have the same ring to it.

MUFC OK

Wow. Rashers has really been smashing those bicep curls. That's an impressive amount of growth over a single Summer. From what I remember, he was the same size as Pogba only a few months ago.

I know that Caftards generally don't like to believe that players can change too much in a short space of time. But if Rashford can put the extra bulk to good use, he could be unstoppable. A loose touch can be turned into a great touch if you're able to lever your body past your marker consistently, much like Rooney was able to do for the majority of his career. Technique is only as important as your ability to utilise it.

I think Mourinho might hold off on buying a new rightwinger until he sees the kid in action.
Not that it matters but bicep strength is virtually useless as a professional footballer, especially an outfielder. Core work, squats and some back exercises are however. He does look in good shape, but for every Ronaldo, theres a Memphis.. he shouldn't over do it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Wow. Rashers has really been smashing those bicep curls. That's an impressive amount of growth over a single Summer. From what I remember, he was the same size as Pogba only a few months ago.

I know that Caftards generally don't like to believe that players can change too much in a short space of time. But if Rashford can put the extra bulk to good use, he could be unstoppable. A loose touch can be turned into a great touch if you're able to lever your body past your marker consistently, much like Rooney was able to do for the majority of his career. Technique is only as important as your ability to utilise it.

I think Mourinho might hold off on buying a new rightwinger until he sees the kid in action.
A slight exageration ? He was obviously growing during the season, he didn't just magically transform the few weeks we haven't watched him. It was a work in progress. I'm happy about it, there isn't much of a negative consequence in working out seriously for him. Memphis was and is a shit footballer, no amount of gym training was going to chance that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A slight exageration ? He was obviously growing during the season, he didn't just magically transform the few weeks we haven't watched him. It was a work in progress. I'm happy about it, there isn't much of a negative consequence in working out seriously for him. Memphis was and is a shit footballer, no amount of gym training was going to chance that.
Exactly.

This photo is 12 months old.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Shaw is quite fit, it's just his build that makes him look a bit chubby.
Both him and Herrera are taller than they look.
I knew Herrera was about 1.80 (in normal numbers), which is a good height for a footballer.

MV12

People use the oil-based lubricant Vaseline as a masturbation aid, to prevent damage to the skin of the penis due to friction and use an unwanted sock to catch the ejeculate post-climaxe to avoid any unnecessary fouling of clothes or furniture.

If there's anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.
Smooth breakdown .. thanks for clearing that up :)

Pavl3n

Not that it matters but bicep strength is virtually useless as a professional footballer, especially an outfielder. Core work, squats and some back exercises are however. He does look in good shape, but for every Ronaldo, theres a Memphis.. he shouldn't over do it.
Ummm, the biceps is aiding the back when you pull, just like the triceps is aiding the chest when you push. So whenever you do back exercises (mostly pulling towards yourself) you are working both the back and the biceps.
Not that it matters too much, just want to share some of my little knowledge.

lysglimt

Scout
You see a player put on that much muscle in such a short space of time and think you should really get off your arse and do it yourself. But then you get home from work and see that beautiful cold beer in the fridge...
He probably has some £50.000 a week reasons to do it...you probably get paid regardless :)

rpg

Aggressiveness counts more than muscle mass. Not shying away from 50-50 challenge and such.

JeffBoomTetris

Muscle mass has been a bit overrated in this thread.

Yes, Madrid are the best now and have some strong players among their ranks. But Barça at their peak only had Pique, Toure, Busquets & maybe Keita at 6+ feet. Last season, they had Rakitic, Gomes, Mathieu, Digne etc. and still regularly got bested by smaller teams.

Muscle is important but it's the style of play and the responsiveness of the players to tactics that counts the most

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ye but one thing that might be in their favor is that high performance athletes, like professional football players generally are, is that they gain a inch or two because that all the ligaments get stronger and thus bigger. Overall they can gain easily 3cm when In shape.
Wow that's interesting - didn't realize that. I guess that explains why I feel like I shrunk since I stopped hitting the gym. :lol:

MUFC OK

Ummm, the biceps is aiding the back when you pull, just like the triceps is aiding the chest when you push. So whenever you do back exercises (mostly pulling towards yourself) you are working both the back and the biceps.
Not that it matters too much, just want to share some of my little knowledge.
Obviously Back and biceps work together but my point was that strong bi's wont have much use for a footballer.