Television Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sylar

Where does this fall in the timeline? Between which movies?

Green_Red

It could span multiple movies, couldn't it? Naturally it would probably make sense to place it in the timeline between ep. 3 and ep. 4?

Green_Red

Ahh, so the heel turn complete and we will get Vader.
Probably a lot of flashback scenes too? Some talk on the Internet that the cast might indicate some cameos from a young Anakin.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
10 years after RotS, 9 years before ANH.

Regarding Vader...I think it’ll be flashback scenes & maybe some scenes with Vader, but Kathleen Kennedy was quoted as saying “rematch of the century” which suggests there will be a battle between Vader & Kenobi, which confuses me as it surely messes with the cannon of their battle in ANH?!

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I love all the side series/stories to be honest since Disney took over.
- Clone Wars Series
- Rogue One
- Solo
- Mandelorian

Please give me more!! Looking forward very much to Obi Wan!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wish they could just let Star Wars die in peace, but no.
The Mandalorian series is really good & I’m looking forward to The Bad Batch & Ahsoka series. I would love them to do a series focusing on Vader & explore the Old Republic events but I guess that might be too dark for Disney.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wish they could just let Star Wars die in peace, but no.
More Star Wars is fine. Just stop making it about the same characters and characters related to those characters. There's a terrible lack of imagination involved and (because they're dealing with already established characters) a terrible need to feed fans what they want/expect (or rather what they think fans want/expect).

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Speaking of dumb Star Wars stuff, I just found out they renamed Elan Sleazebaggano to Elan Sel'Sabagno. Sickening.

choccy77

On a side note, Ashoka series will see Thrawn return.

Also, Rey is coming back for a rumored new Trilogy, and a new Jedi order were attachments are encouraged.

Swedish_Plumber

Also, Rey is coming back for a rumored new Trilogy, and a new Jedi order were attachments are encouraged.
I didn’t enjoy Rey at all. Adam driver/Kyle Ren was the one to build a new set of films around if they’re planning on using established characters.

That last film still bothers me at how shite it was.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Thrawn was a great character in the books I've read.

On the other hand I wouldn't be disappointed in any way if they cancelled the Boba Fett series.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I didn’t enjoy Rey at all. Adam driver/Kyle Ren was the one to build a new set of films around if they’re planning on using established characters.

That last film still bothers me at how shite it was.
Agree with this, Ren was the guy to build the trilogy around. Kinda ruined his character in the end mind.

This is the only D+ series I'm excited for tbh

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They ruined all the potential of the characters, tbf.
I was really looking forward to seeing how Finn would develop and, judging by how he was revealed in the first movie, I'm assuming that Disney were too until they checked the merchandise numbers and traded artistic integrity yet again for money.

This could be nothing but wall to wall adverts for Disney+ but I'll still watch it because it's the GOAT being all goatlike and - fingers crossed - a crossover with Trainspotting where it turns out all of it is in Renton's heroin riddled mind.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Hope they dont make the same mistake as book of BF and leave him on Tattooine for most of the series. Get him out and about the galaxy!!

A showdown between him and Vader makes me think they will shake up the locations.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope they dont make the same mistake as book of BF and leave him on Tattooine for most of the series. Get him out and about the galaxy!!

A showdown between him and Vader makes me think they will shake up the locations.
They have to. Imagine being the writer tasked with conjuring something from nothing if Disney insisted the whole thing is set in a cave. “Nah he just sits in the desert for 20 years, make us a series though.” You’d be like, you what?

It’s going to be tough to make it interesting though considering we pretty much already know the story. We know where he ends up, and nothing of interest happens to him until episode 4. From lines in A New Hope we know he doesn’t meet Vader or have much interaction with Luke so unless they do some serious retconning, how interesting can it be?

The only thing that will make me give the show a chance is seeing Ewan McGregor in the role again. Which doesn’t say a lot about the premise when fan service is the only real thing holding my interest.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
They have to. Imagine being the writer tasked with conjuring something from nothing if Disney insisted the whole thing is set in a cave. “Nah he just sits in the desert for 20 years, make us a series though.” You’d be like, you what?

It’s going to be tough to make it interesting though considering we pretty much already know the story. We know where he ends up, and nothing of interest happens to him until episode 4. From lines in A New Hope we know he doesn’t meet Vader or have much interaction with Luke so unless they do some serious retconning, how interesting can it be?

The only thing that will make me give the show a chance is seeing Ewan McGregor in the role again. Which doesn’t say a lot about the premise when fan service is the only real thing holding my interest.
Agree with all that.

Revan

Assumptionman
Thrawn was a great character in the books I've read.

On the other hand I wouldn't be disappointed in any way if they cancelled the Boba Fett series.
He was also good in the Rebels TV show. Ahsoka is obviously brilliant anywhere.

I don’t want anything about Rey.

BristolRuss

Swedish_Plumber

Have you seen Colin Trevorrow's script for episode 9 before he was fired?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xeO1V2T_abmbKSdDWe7nivLM4OOKnEWG/view

While not perfect it's a whole lot better than what we got.
Interesting.

I really don’t understand why you wouldn’t have the same director for all three films in a trilogy either.

Star Wars needs to take a step away from the same old narrative for a while. Keep the Disney plus shows and build something like marvel has if they’re keen for another trilogy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

They're absolutely desperate to make her the face of Star Wars for some reason. That said, under a different director even a bland character can become entertaining so here's hoping.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How do you know that? There is a 19 year ago between ROTS and ANH, I am sure there is plenty of new stuff they can come up with.
That’s sort of the issue in the first place. Lucas felt it necessary to shove everyone into their New Hope starting positions at the end of Revenge of the Sith - despite there being a 20 year gap. All we know is he goes to the sand planet to become a hermit at the end of episode 3, and he’s still there at the beginning of episode 4. Hence my last post about him needing to leave the planet or do something interesting in between. Surely he doesn’t just sit in the desert for 20 years, because why is that notable enough for a tv show?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Kenobi will be hiding in the desert while creepily looking out for young Luke.
Skanky old hermit space stalker.

RedDevilRoshi

I bloody hope not!

The sequel trilogy was absolutely shite

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Like I say, there's only been one truly great SW film and that was Empire.